gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Shoulders=DONE!
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    yahoo allenpriest!!

Got my lifting done. Spoke with the gym-lady who is driving me to/from the hospital for my Thursday eye surgery and my Friday follow-up appt. i am nervous, but it will be over soon.
    Good luck with your surgery. ..I've just had shoulder surgery so I know how anxious you feel. You will be fine just relax we are all thinking of you ☺☺
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,971 Member
    Options
    dawnie, my "angst" over this surgery is completely out-of-proportion to the event! Logically, it is a small thing, with a great result....meanwhile, I want to crawl into a hole about it.

Silly.

Anyway, I lifted again, today. Three lifting days in a row...my swan song to lifting for a couple weeks.

Weight is holding steady....it should sink, again, while I fast prior to the surgery, lol!

BOOM!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi cool kids,
    Did my strength training workout yesterday, It was good. It's more of a circuit training with lots of strength exercises in there.

We are having beautiful weather here right now! Gorgeous!!

welcome mark!

Am off to the city tomorrow - fun times with my bff!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thank you for keeping this awesome group going!!!! I've been working a lot on me! And of course the family and everything else. Things have settled down at work, yes, still my boring job but it's a job. I didn't get the job I wanted. There are a couple more positions I'm looking at but don't have the energy right now to deal with that. This month I started a clean eating group in Facebook. Quite a few people started strong with me but there are hardly any now going strong. Oh well... That's how it is. As far as exercise is concerned, I'm doing Liivestrong's challenge Stronger. I'm really enjoying it, it consists of more HIIT, body weight exercises, etc. we do a lot of plank variations. My tummy looks and feels very tight these days.

It's great to see a lot of you here. Welcome to the new members!

Beeps, praying everything goes well with your surgery and wish you a speedy recovery!

Good night!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Beeps praying for you for peace of mind.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Beeps, good luck with your surgery.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,971 Member
    Options
    So far, it sucks!!! Fainting twice while they attempt an iv. I can,t wait for it to be over. The nausea sucks. But being able to SEE has to be worth it!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    good luck Beeps!

rest day for me. I may hit the foam roller this evening though.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Good luck for the surgery Peeps, great job on the tighter tummy alf. that's what I would like.
    I just started a little weight training, so I hope to see some results sometime from that. Everything else is same as usual here. We are having some really nice weather. Have a great day everyone.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest & Tris=DONE!
  • madamebaco
    madamebaco Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    May I be added to the group? I'm new and still trying to figure out MFP.
    I want to lose about 25-30 lbs and exercise. I started a week ago.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    madamebaco wrote: »
    May I be added to the group? I'm new and still trying to figure out MFP.
    I want to lose about 25-30 lbs and exercise. I started a week ago.

You just added yourself.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Thinking of you Beeps!!!!
  • lyndahh75
    lyndahh75 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am turning 40 in less than a month and have to lose 100 pounds. My mini goal is 50. How can I join the group?
  • markburnett70
    markburnett70 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    lyndahh75 wrote: »
    I am turning 40 in less than a month and have to lose 100 pounds. My mini goal is 50. How can I join the group?

It appears they'll let anyone in, I got in last week, no one locks the doors around here I guess. Maybe the people in charge are on vacation :). I think it's participation based, talk in the thread and your in.

Had my check up today, cholesterol levels were good and my blood pressure is down, he was even talking about the possibility of lower my bp meds if I lose more weight. Woo hoo!

Dad's visiting for a week, arriving this afternoon and he likes to eat, lots, so it's going to be a challenge to stay on course and maintain progress this week. Fortunately I have a dog, so I have to walk the dog, I have a nice 3 mile loop with 500 feet elevation gain that I take the dog around, something is always better than nothing.

Have a great weekend, fall is coming and its a great time to be outside :)
  • Toffeegirl23
    Toffeegirl23 Posts: 32 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I am 43
    Please add me as a friend
    I need all the help I can get!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hello everyone!

@toffeegirl2303, and @lyndahh75, welcome!!!! This is a thread not a private group so no need to be added to the group! Just post away! We are a group of 40+ cool Kids who are taking care of ourselves. We like to chat about fitness, health, our struggles, life... I created this group many years ago, lost count. :smile: I've been in MFP since 2008. I'm 51.

@markburnett70, I don't think I have given you an official welcome! Congrats on your great checkup today!!!! That is awesome! Keep up the good work.

I did my plyometrics workout, mini butt lift challenge (Natalie Jill) and my glorious Bikram class. I ate pretty clean today!

Beeps I hope you are doing well.

Good night!!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Cool Kids.

I have the night off, and after how late I worked last night, that's a good thing. I figured I would nap sometime today, but the garden got in the way of that. We are really dry all of a sudden, and I'm having to run the soaker hoses and sprinklers more than I like. Everything is slowing down anyway. My late melons are so small I have been eating a couple of them every morning while I'm in the garden.

I did have one garden related aggravation this afternoon. I was hoeing the young peas while the sprinklers were running and I could hear someone cutting their grass. The folks who live down on the river are too close for my comfort.

The Fall Equinox is Monday night at 2129 {Larro time}, so all of you remember to burn money and dance naked under the moon for good luck. I'm not sure if it actually brings good luck, but it feels really good. {the dancing part, not the burning money part, I never can get comfortable doing that}

Beeps, I hope everything went well.

Welcome to all the new guys and hello to everyone else.

Here are the numbers for the week:
    20.4% Body Fat
    23.6 BMI
    168.9 Pounds

That is a gain of 1.6 pounds for the week. My secret for weight gain was for Sister to have her 60th birthday. We had 3 birthday suppers this past week, and none of them were what you would call healthy.

I went right back to my bad {low calorie} eating with a Chipolte Chicken Stir-fry tonight. 53 calories/100 grams.

ggyl8sj6t6dt.jpg

You guys have a good one,

Larro
  • leeannscanapico
    Options
    Would love to join the group. 55 5 kids. Just joined one week ago. Looking to lose 25 lbs. lost 5 so far. Any suggestions for help for the next 25?