WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR SEPTEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    ohhhhh had a GREAT feast of a lunch. Saute'd 3 oz of cubed turkey kelbasa with: cubed red potatoes, cut asparagus stalks (left the heads out until later when I add them plus the zucchini cubed). Added spices then water to cover and cook the potatoes...added some chicken stock paste. In my big ramen bowl I put in the fresh baby spinach (ripping the bigger leaves) and cut up the Light Baby Bell cheese. Then I poured the soup/stew mixture over the spinach to cook it just right. What a heavenly thing!!!
    Of course tonights dinner is a piece of Daves Killer bread. Its ok, my lunch feast should carry me over wonderfully. I use the time then I am cooking for husband and son to drink my 24 oz of moroccan mint iced tea, (and munch on my toast).
    You know its a great feeling to eat to fuel you. It is soo much better than eating to make you sleepy or "tight feeling innards full".
    Breakfast was a cup of wheat bran flakes in a bowl with my yogurt on top. A bit too much flakes, I stopped tasting the yogurts nice honey flavor and all I tasted with the wheat flakes....

Yesterday was interesting. I didn't log in my food because I had a turkey sandwich with tater tots (deep fried and perfect) and also a Quick Wit Beer. On the way home I declared in a nice drunken buzz that I wanted CANDY. So because the corner store has candy but its expensive, my husband drove up the road further to Fred Meyer to apeeze me. So he is pointing out the bags of chocolate, but I am picking up a Bit'o Honey bar, and those huge white nougut bars...BIG HUNK bar...and maybe some NECCO candy...anyway...he told me that we could find those by the registers. Of course there WERE"NT any at the registers, but there were the big bars of Hershey chocolate. (because there always is at the coast because everyone makes S'MORES here). So he is saying, "Well go back and get the candy you wanted". Meanwhile......my brain is screaming "Nooooo get out of the store now girl!!" So I just say, its passed. He is looking at the moving belt saying, "Well we didn't need to buy any of this then". I said, "Well son will be happy to get the chocolate and the soda". My husband is shaking his head at me as we get into the car. I just say with a smile.... "Don't even TRY to understand me buster". There were guys in the entrance that were asking for donations for the Special Olympics so husband put a dollar in. They gave us both a small tootsie roll. So that was my treat. I politely demanded his tootsie roll at home......Life is definately interesting....
    Becca
    being complicated in Oregon....
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
  • Annr
    Options
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Polly - gorgeous walking path. I might even walk if I had a place that beautiful to do it. Thanks for sharing.

Janetr OKC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :) Polly, I love your picture....bigger is easier to see details.

:) Katla, if you are the one paying for the holiday trip with your son, then you should choose someplace you want to go (with some input from him).

:) Becca, your story explains why leaving out alcohol from one's eating plan is a good idea....even if you can justify the calories, you may not be able to justify the resulting behaviours.

:'( Sylvia, hope you feel better and find out what's triggering these nasty attacks so you can avoid them in the future....does your food diary give you any clue about what you've eaten that's common to the day before the attacks? Monitoring my food helped me figure out that I can't eat beef or avocados.

smiley-laughing001.gifOne of my resolutions this month is daily meditation. This afternoon I took my phone to use as a timer into the room where I meditate and the dogs came in and started poking my hands with their noses. They had just been out less than an hour ago so I knew that wasn't their problem. Meditation is challenging enough in a quiet dark room, but adding dog noses to the equation made me extra happy that I was able to accomplish it. Now that I'm back at the computer they are lying down peacefully---one on the carpet next to me and the other in bed.
  • Annr
    Options
    @barbiecat Yep you got THAT right....That is why I rarely do it, I turn into another lady altogether. Granted, I was fine in a couple of hours, but by that time, the eating had been done. And the next day I hit myself in the forehead saying..."Duh, you are silly woman!"
    Becca
  • mparker1216
    mparker1216 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    [Polly beautiful picture! Mine come out large but I did it from my phone
    Maryann in Michigan
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I'm finally home, and taking it easy. Mary, no, I didn't have any warning. Just woke up with bad gut pain, followed by vomiting. When it hadn't improved in about 12 hours I thought it was time to get it checked out. I thought I was being very careful with my food, so I really don't think food caused it.

I'm going to sleep in my own bed tonight, without anybody coming in for blood and vital signs. Should be heaven.

Good night everyone.

Sylvia
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Well, this is the thread that never sleeps!
    So much going on with everyone. Just want to put my two cents' in that I agree 100 % with Lisa's thoughts on Carol's job situation. Hard to deal with a church being this way, but Carol, you deserve better.
    Allison, you are really in a tough situation. I hope this gets clearer for you soon. Wasn't it Ann Landers who used to say you have to figure out if you are better off with or without him? I wish you all the best.
    Went on a hike in the woods today and here is my pic of a swamp I passed. Last time I was there I saw a beaver in all this algae.p1xvxbz0lzfq.jpg
  • joanl9
    joanl9 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

I have not written much, but do check in daily to stay updated on how everybody is progressing. My very best wishes for those dealing with ongoing personal, medical and workplace issues.

After 100 days on MFP, I have lost over 20 pounds so far. That is just from logging food; I have not done very well at all on the exercise front. Thanks for the tips and encouragement that you all provide!

Joan
    Alabama

89501702.png
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Lisa - Thanks so much for your input, especially the "interpretation"! Communication makes anyone's job easier and more efficient.

Thanks to everyone for your support! I have my resume updated. I used a website to do it and they want a whopping $1.95 for me to be able to download it and play with it for a week. I think it's worth it for all of the tips and formatting. I'll check out their cover letter templates, too, to see if I've been doing it right. Hope to be able to start sending out electronic versions as early as tomorrow.

Sylvia - I am so sorry that you had another stint in the hospital but so glad to hear from you!

Loved the pictures of walking sites. I'm missing my mountains terribly right now and wish I could be hiking the trails.

I think I may have developed IBS. Food is going straight through and every time I eat I feel sick. I've been lectured by MFP almost every day for two weeks because I don't eat enough calories. This is very much unlike me. I know it's stress but I'm coping as best as I can.

Good night, everyone!

Carol in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    nite peeps!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    smiley-sleep012.gif It's 6:30 PM here and 9:30 PM in Ohio.....gotta get to bed early....alarm will go off at 10 PM so I can call Jake and make sure he gets up at 1 AM in Ohio to catch the 5 AM flight home....we all miss him a lot.
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Had to eat out for breakfast today and try to keep to my 20/20 diet. Ended up eating slightly more than usual (51 calories). However I was shocked to think of how much food I had normally eaten in the past. A 3 egg omelet with cheese, hash browns, toast, two slices of bacon and a glass of skim milk is around 1400 calories!! Wow.

My husband and kids were out of town this weekend so I got to get a few rides in. Unfortunately I rode alone today so the only pictures I could take were scenic. 6ox9sk8dtqza.jpg
    t44ts8e3kfq9.jpg
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,148 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    walker54 wrote: »
    Just wanted to share a photo from my walk today. I walked 3 miles to get ice cream. LOL :-)
    I hope this works -- it's the first time I've tried to include a photo. Happy Sunday to all.
    Polly in Virginia

Great walking trail! and ice cream!

Sylvia- wow, I hope it doesn't happen again.

Wessecg- love the horse ride pictures!

Beth - nice picture!

Becca - yeah! Tootsie Rolls!! What a great DH!

Mary from Minnesota
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Busy weekend went with friends to McCall, Id such a beautiful place cabin was right on beautiful Lake. Cant say Saturday was the best food wise but I stayed under. Log every bite able to get some nice walks in. This week went as I hoped too. I need to cut back on carbs and sodium. Work week starts tomorrow up at 5am. Trying to get in bed early. I have enjoyed my job but by weeks end I am emotionally and physically drained. Coming to conclusion its time to start looking. For another job. Researching updating my computer skills etc. Time for new start. I have been reading everyone post impressed need to take notes so I can reply.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,757 Member
    Options
    love the horsey pictures,
    well I went to lay down and read my magazines and fell asleep at 4:30 pm got up about 2:15 am, have chili in the crock put and made a loaded baked potato casserole.I dont either of these but figured if I cook these and make individual servings and put them in the freezer less I have to cook daily..
    Sylvia~ you have to get down to the bottom(no pun intended)of your colon issues, I feel so bad for you..
    dont work until 12:30 today so will try and get stuff done around here...
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    “Aging may have slowed us down but it sure hasn’t shut us up!” jumpy.gif

And that's the truth! Love the quote Barbie!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,246 Member
    Options
    Irish Terri So many Terri's and this is shorter than my previous lol
    Loved reading about everyone's weekend, and seeing the pictures. I guess I will get to know names eventually lol.

*Hugs* to those of you going through strife at the moment, especially those fighting illness.

I loved the Carnie story. I have done a few daft things in my time in the throes of 'love'. Lucky for me that I eventually found a good man.

My weekend was good. My elder daughter and her family came for lunch yesterday. I cooked a huge pot of veg soup and she brought some contributions. My DGD is returning to university in England in a few weeks, so I relish the time with her. She won't be home again until Christmas. My older GS is starting his first year at Queen's University in Belfast next week. Belfast is only 15 miles away. My younger GS moved up to the local Grammar School at the beginning of September. We normally visit them every Sunday, but they have come to us the last two weeks, since I had my surgery.

This morning DH has gone to his yoga group, so I have the morning free to amuse myself. I'm working on some Hardanger embroidery and a patchwork quilt at the moment. I will post some pics later. In the meantime this is a Ruby Wedding Card I made for my DBIL and DSIL using parchment craft techniques.

4pkg6n2uf0y1.jpeg
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Hi all i've read everything not taking notes I fell behind. But the walking trail pictures are beautiful. And the horses as well. But none are as beautiful as this hand crafted picture that Irish Terri put in. Different and so talented.

Well you know what over eating does wii gave me a gain of +7 this morning and that's not acceptable. Today i'm going blueberry picking and for lunch will be a chicken breast and salad. No bread no sandwich that I love in the bush. But today needs to be a good good day.

Going back to the walking trails I love walking at the cottage but seen 4 bears in the course of two days. Mother an two cubs and a big one. So my walking will be done in the arena not today i'm in the berry patch doing my exercise and hope there's bear hunters there. First sign of a bear and i'm gone lol. There should be enough berries for all of us. LOL. Bears included.

See you all lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario