Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    caddir wrote: »
    I wanted a fitbit charge with the HR monitor but then a colleague told me that his wife had complained when he checked his heart rate when he, er, was *in bed*.

I just don't want to know!

I've decidedthat I prefer my fitbit flex. I can change the wriststrap to match my oufit but the only downside is I have already have 8 and I need at least another 20 different wriststraps. Some of them are so pretty.

That's the one thing I miss about the Flex was changing the band whenever you want.

I think it was @Glinda1971 that said there were more bands on Amazon that had different patterns.

I know I have the purple and I don't even like purple. I would love to be able to change bands!

PURPLE IS MY FAVORITE COLOR

Mine too. When I bought my Charge HR purple wasn't available here yet. I bought my mom a purple one and I was very tempted to swap them out :lol:
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I wanted a fitbit charge with the HR monitor but then a colleague told me that his wife had complained when he checked his heart rate when he, er, was *in bed*.

I've decidedthat I prefer my fitbit flex. I can change the wriststrap to match my oufit but the only downside is I have already have 8 and I need at least another 20 different wriststraps. Some of them are so pretty.

That's the one thing I miss about the Flex was changing the band whenever you want.

I think it was @Glinda1971 that said there were more bands on Amazon that had different patterns.

I know I have the purple and I don't even like purple. I would love to be able to change bands!

PURPLE IS MY FAVORITE COLOR

ME TOO!

Yay lots of purple lovers here! It's Kelly's favorite too! And just read @shibaears loves it too!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    It's so cold in this office that I want to go get in the car where the sun has been shining in and making it unbearably hot. Can't wait until the end of the day.

Edited because technology hates me.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    It's so cold in this office that I want to go get in the car where the sun has been shining in and making it unbearably hot. Can't wait until the end of the day.

I know exactly what you mean. I think the thermostat here is set at "Meat Locker".
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I seriously cannot believe the sheer number of people who ask the internet if they are pregnant.

Wha? How would random strangers on the internet know?

I have no clue. They usually have some convoluted story about when their last cycle was, and when they had unprotected sex - or sometimes, they haven't even had sex, but maybe they fooled around in other ways and there is a 1% chance that something got near there, and they give vague symptoms like "back ache" and add in lots of exclamation points. It's pretty ridiculous. Some of them are teenagers, and I give them a sort of pass (meaning I'm not mean when I tell them to see a doctor), but grown women are doing this. It makes me fear for their future children.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

I hate that. My old office was always freezing. I actually brought a blanket to work and put it on my legs, it was that bad.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Confession: Many, many cookies were eaten today. (Sorry @pofoster21 :() I think my stomach hates me now.

Suzie, honey, I ate all of everything yesterday. 20th anniversary of my mom's death. I still can't decide if the hardest thing I have ever said is "My mom didn't want to live.this way, unplug the machines." Or "Nana's gone to heaven."

:'(<3

Thank you.
    Confession: Many, many cookies were eaten today. (Sorry @pofoster21 :() I think my stomach hates me now.

Suzie, honey, I ate all of everything yesterday. 20th anniversary of my mom's death. I still can't decide if the hardest thing I have ever said is "My mom didn't want to live.this way, unplug the machines." Or "Nana's gone to heaven."

I'm so sorry. :( Hugs to you. It must be horribly tough to lose a parent, and even tougher to explain it to your children who have lost a grandparent. <3

and thank you too. My daughter was 21 mos old and it was 6 months before she stopped asking when Nana was coming back. I have a brother who still thinks that shouldn't have bothered me and another who can barely stand to be in the same room with me because I look and sound like her. The oldest one calls when he needs to hear her voice. My father is a mixed bag. There are three or four weeks a year we don't talk, including this one,her birthday, their anniversary and Mother's Day. Yesterday was not as sad as Son 1's graduation in terms of things I miss her being here for, but I have never gotten over that moment when I had to tell them to turn off the machines because all of these strong men were in tears.
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am the crayon peeling sister. My color blind brother was the first born male child in a Japanese family. He got the golf lessons, the ten speed bike (I got a 3 speed bike), he got the 64 pack of crayon with the sharpener (I got the 12 pack). So I was a mean little sister one day and peeled the labels off his crayons to even things out a bit. This is confession time, no judgement? Right?
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

Thank you.

I'm so sorry. :( Hugs to you. It must be horribly tough to lose a parent, and even tougher to explain it to your children who have lost a grandparent. <3

and thank you too. My daughter was 21 mos old and it was 6 months before she stopped asking when Nana was coming back. I have a brother who still thinks that shouldn't have bothered me and another who can barely stand to be in the same room with me because I look and sound like her. The oldest one calls when he needs to hear her voice. My father is a mixed bag. There are three or four weeks a year we don't talk, including this one,her birthday, their anniversary and Mother's Day. Yesterday was not as sad as Son 1's graduation in terms of things I miss her being here for, but I have never gotten over that moment when I had to tell them to turn off the machines because all of these strong men were in tears.

Hugs to you! I can't even imagine.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

*hugs* <3
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #24

decided this was just another let's chill and say hi type thing.
    which really means i'm in yoga pants and a t-shirt and have no intentions of trying to pretty myself up. deal.

this is John #4, and not in that dirty prostitution type sense, literally, the fourth dude named John i've met thus far. quite the common name.

so anyway! had talked to the dude a bit ago, kinda dropped off, then popped up again.
    chatting with him on sunday, he asked if i wanted to hang out in person. sure!
    so we're just havin some chit chats and talk of experiences with which ever dating site we met through is always a topic of conversation. so he asks me if i've met a lot of dudes, which i tend to be a lil vague about ('cause it's none of dudes business, but i'm also curious about what his experience is so i don't totally shut it down. hehe). i usually go with, yeah i've met a few random guys here and there, nothing amazing, how about you? he says that on the site he found me, i'm the first girl he's met in person, but then adds, well it's also not the main site he uses. ok, what site is the main one you use?

Tinder. eek! i mention my pure terror of anything involving tinder, he asks why and i say how, at least in this area, it seems just to be a way to hookup with ppl and it's seems quite judgey and that's just not my scene. and he says, oh yeah, it totally is! now my lil brain is just running a muck and i just have to ask; so have you hooked up with a lot of chicks through there? oh yeah! (eek!) huh, that's interesting, a lot? 25-30. holy crap!

ooooooooooh, so you're just looking for hook-ups? his reply? well not specifically, but that's just what guys do. he then goes on to explain that you know, guys just have as much sex as they can, it's what they do, it's the norm. it's at this point that i start to look around my kitchen wondering if somehow secretly lil cameras have been stashed about, because this MUST be some type of joke. mind you this dude is a chiropractor, in theory, an adult professional! ha! and he's decent looking, but nothing amazing, and yet still manages to be a total man-*kitten*. heh.

and of course i make the mistake of letting the dude kiss me. kissing is fine, kissing is fun, but then he bites my neck so hard i now have a stinkin BRUISE, like i'm a dumb high school kid. ugh. UGH! i'm grateful the temps here have dropped a bit, so my turtleneck seems normal.

smh

next pls.....

WHAT! You know that is just a get out clause for when he cheats on someone. When, because obviously he will. Either that or he has some sort of complex. Like a teeny weeny. 25-30 girls, what a joke.

I'd tend to lean toward a teeny weeny. That's why he's had so many different girls...no one will give him a second look after the first time!!! :wink:

I've never ventured into the Tinder world. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I did meet my current boyfriend on OKCupid and we've been together about a year and a half so there is hope of meeting someone worth having a relationship with. Dating sucks. It's the one reason I should have just stayed married....but then I remember what being married to my ex was like.

hahahaha! maybe!

i met my ex on okcupid, not exactly a selling point as he's now an ex, but we were together for five years. not too shabby i spose ;)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

Thank you.

Hugs to you! I can't even imagine.

This! I'm so sorry.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    clh72569 wrote: »
    I am the crayon peeling sister. My color blind brother was the first born male child in a Japanese family. He got the golf lessons, the ten speed bike (I got a 3 speed bike), he got the 64 pack of crayon with the sharpener (I got the 12 pack). So I was a mean little sister one day and peeled the labels off his crayons to even things out a bit. This is confession time, no judgement? Right?

I'd probably do the same. So unfair!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    clh72569 wrote: »

LOL. That made me laugh. Sounds exactly like something a mad little sister would do!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    You guys, I've done something really stupid. I've gotten sucked into Yahoo Answers. I keep answering the dumbest people on the planet, and I can't stop. I keep looking at it. This is what happens when I'm home alone.
    I used to answer questions on pet care YEARS ago. I was actually pretty okay at giving advice on hermit crabs. Still not my finest hour, lol!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Thank you.

I am so, so sorry. Hugs, hugs, and more hugs.
    I miss my mom too and had/still have a tough time explaining to my son (almost 4 now) the whole thing. He just knows that "she's in heaven with the angels" now.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    You guys, I've done something really stupid. I've gotten sucked into Yahoo Answers. I keep answering the dumbest people on the planet, and I can't stop. I keep looking at it. This is what happens when I'm home alone.
    I used to answer questions on pet care YEARS ago. I was actually pretty okay at giving advice on hermit crabs. Still not my finest hour, lol!

I loved Yahoo Answers, I was on there all the time several years ago. At first people were genuinely trying to help, then the trolls got on there and the only answers would be "google it" or they'd bash the people. That's when it stopped being fun.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

I like purple, but blue/teal is my favorite color.

The Tory Burch bands for some of the Fitbit products are cute, but not for the money they're charging.
    They sell some cover bands on Etsy as well. I'm thinking of asking for one since my birthday is coming up in December. I live the purple ChargeHR, but I need something for formal events, lol.

I definitely prefer the color and design of what I have now to the burgundy Fitbit One!

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    So as not to tie up the board for the rest of today, thanks to all of you for your sympathy. I may let myself wallow in pity for the rest of today, but someone needs to tell me to snap out of it tomorrow, please.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    So as not to tie up the board for the rest of today, thanks to all of you for your sympathy. I may let myself wallow in pity for the rest of today, but someone needs to tell me to snap out of it tomorrow, please.

Wallow today - it's allowed. Grief doesn't ever go away, it just sort of abates for awhile to return later. Hugs to you!! Thinking of you today. Grief bacon is okay for a day or two, though, but getting back on track returns to you the control that grief can steal away. More hugs!