Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Replies

• MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Good morning! How was everyones weekend? Did you have a fun?
  • ronronronj
    ronronronj Posts: 474 Member
    Hi everyone! Just bumping this thread. I am now down 14 pounds from where I started (though I think I entered a lower starting weight when I started MFP). In any case, I crossed below the 150 lb. mark for the first time in YEARS! Tomorrow my wife and I are doing a "date night," so we have something else to celebrate (even though it will probably push me back over 150).

We also had a dead tree taken down in the yard. The contractor ground the stump for us, so we have a big pile of mulch to shovel. That job should make for a nice family group exercise activity.

Have a good weekend, everyone!
  • MikePXstream
    I could use some of that mulch. Send it on over. lol. Good job Ron. I tortured myself with a leg workout and a 5 1/2 mile run, so I am not moving to fast right now. As long as I recover enough for my 5k on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • MikePXstream
    Good morning! How are you surviving this week after the holiday weekend? Did you get a little derailed like I did. Exercise was still good, but naturally nutrition suffered a little bit. Been slowly getting back on track this week. I also started lifting again, so my metabolism is picking up, but still trying to be even more mindful of portion controls. Last night I did really good using my portion control containers, being sure to hit each food group, and I actually wasn't starving by the end of the night. So that was a great step moving forward.

Hope you all are having a good week!
  • tjker
    tjker Posts: 2 Member
    kris197477 wrote: »
    I am a father to 3 girls and they can sure keep you busy. Anyone can add me a friend.

I'm in the all girls club too. Im a father to 3. I'll add you!
  • MikePXstream
    Good morning Facebook friends. I am asking for a favor. Today, please take a moment of silence to remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice, for those that were torn away from their families, their friends, and loved ones, and send prayers to those that are forever changed by this event. Some more than others.
    All of us were impacted on this day, not knowing what the next step would be. I remember I was on my way to my apartment after just finishing PT, hearing what was happening on the radio, walking in the door and hearing my phone ringing. There on the Phone was my Section sergeant telling me to get back to base immediately. I didn't know if we were going to be deployed, if I was going to have to leave my pregnant wife to fight on foreign soils, I had no idea. The mixed emotions of my fellow soldiers that had family in New York and Washington DC, unable to reach them to know if they were alright, the ones coming to the realization that war may be on our horizons...it was overwhelming for sure.

So please, take a moment to pay your respects. It will mean a great deal to many, not just me.

38qr50zocpft.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Good morning and happy monday. I will be on the bench today. I slept all twisted, so my back is quite angry with me today. Yesterday too. So I will be resting it up so I don't cause further injuries. Overall had a great weekeend though. We ran the Superhero 5k on Saturday. My son ran the 1 mile race and finished with an 8:58 time. My wife won 3rd place in her age group, and I won 2nd in mine. My daughters had a huge cross country meet about 2000 feet higher than where we are, so it was a tough one for them, but still did great! Then we celebrated my boy's birthday with family Yesterday! How did your weekend go?
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    single mom to a 6 year old girl, working full time. feel free to add me
  • MikePXstream
    @jend114 glad to have you with us. Looks like you have come a long way. Great work!
  • binie08
    binie08 Posts: 20 Member
    Hello from Atl Ga
    Just started on MFP really committed this time to loosing wt trying to make it a lifestyle
    Doing well so far
    Would love for you to add me as a friend
    Busy mom of 2 kids 10 and 11 each day is a blessing with them
  • ronronronj
    ronronronj Posts: 474 Member
    Hi everyone! Sorry I have not checked in for awhile. I still have the lump of mulch in the yard. My neighbor took some for his bushes, which saved me some shoveling. In our household, it has been a group effort minus the other three people in the household.

This week is going to be a little crazy as I have a fast coming up. So it will be some extra calories going in, then nothing, then trying to get back to normal. With all the crazy traffic in our area thanks to the Pope's visit, my boss said I can work at home for a few days also.

Have a great week everyone!
  • MikePXstream
    Man, I would love to be able to work from home. Jealous!
    binie08 wrote: »
    Hello from Atl Ga
    Just started on MFP really committed this time to loosing wt trying to make it a lifestyle
    Doing well so far
    Would love for you to add me as a friend
    Busy mom of 2 kids 10 and 11 each day is a blessing with them

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you with us!

• lyndahh75
    lyndahh75 Posts: 124 Member
    Hi there. I think this thread is quite inviting. Friendly conversations and check ins. I am Lynda from Austin (Native to NY). I have three children, all girls. Their ages, 20,17,13. My oldest daughter has Asperger's which is within the very broad spectrum of Autism. Tending to her and all of her unique issues, as well as tending to the other two girls has taken my focus off of me and placed it primarily on them.

I am about to turn 40 *eek* and want to get my health and weight back in check. I have a long long road to travel, but them come to think of it, the road we all travel on is long. We take different routes than we plan, a detour of sorts but- it is a long road.
  • HIIT_MAN
    HIIT_MAN Posts: 31 Member
    I'm a dad to be and I'm look for advice on being super dad when life gets super hard. 3 kids is amazing idk how you do it my man I look forward to seeing. Will friend.
  • saitiffeh
    saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm going to join you guys here :)

Restarting myself and starting slowly by getting back into the swing of making better food choices. Cutting out salt and junk food and what have you. Already over the past two days I feel a lot better about myself! Although I have not braved the scale yet :) Of course the coffee my husband brought back for me is not the greatest start BUT I did have breakfast today and a healthy one at that :)

• saitiffeh
    saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
    lyndahh75 wrote: »
    We take different routes than we plan, a detour of sorts but- it is a long road.

Too true! I find that most routes have a happy ending, if it is what you desire :)
  • MikePXstream
    Today was back and biceps day. It's always a challenge for me to remember to lighten up the weights when I am doing this routine, specifically for the biceps, cause I let my ego get in the way, which is never good. I look at that 10lb dumb bell and I am like man, I can curl 30's, why am I using this little guy. But I have to take into account the number of sets and reps I am doing. Sure that first set might be at 10lbs for 15 reps, but at the end when I am doing 6-8 reps with 20's, and struggle with that, you know it was a good workout. So just remember, the only one you are competing with is yourself. Set the ego aside, and do you best. Happy Wednesday everyone!
  • MikePXstream
    Remember, age is nothing but a number. I am 38. I took a fitness profile assessment a few months ago and it said I have the fitness ability of someone in their lower 20's. You know I was happy to see that. If you continue to eat right, exercise daily, and remain consistent, you can be fit and healthy. Did I achieve this over night? Oh heck no. I got serious back in 2013 and have been going mostly strong since then. So don't think you are to old, or it is to late, or that you can't. Keep telling yourself you are never to old and you can do it. Just have a little patience. One day you will wake up and all will be different! :wink:

63unthqxzxmh.jpg
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Sending request!
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 168 Member
    Hi I have a 14 yr old HS freshman daughter and a 12 yr old middle school daughter. This fall has been so challenging schedulewise with volleyball, pepband, church choir, youth group, volunteer work, homework, running the household and getting dinner on the table on time (fail!) not to mention trying to make it "not junky" or "over processed" and surrendering to convenience over nutritious and healthy. I'm going nuts just trying to keep up and I'm getting precious little me time. I have no time left over for my husband either. I've resorted to walking over my lunch hour bc it just works out better and its predictable time for me to get movement in everyday. Hangin on by a thread:) - Nancy
This discussion has been closed.