Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Azuriaz wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    senecarr wrote: »
    msf74 wrote: »
    Azuriaz wrote: »

But anyway, I suspect he saw a beautiful girl out having a great time and realized that no girl was ever going to have a great time with him. Then he got all sad and bitter and lashed out.

Nah, the ruffling of the hair is a bit of a give away. It's the equivalent of pulling a girl's pigtails in the playground to get her attention. I smell a spectacularly bad attempt at seduction.

Or the dude was lashed.
    Good point, that's another technique - establish physical contact and violate personal space. They view it as breaking in an animal by getting it to accept a person's touch.
    Is it bad that I'm excited that I know several wrist locks (and ways to break someone's arm) if they tried this with me? Dude, don't touch me unless you want the repercussions of that...

I used to know some. Now I'm rusty. I should get back into that. But failing that, screaming "Get your filthy rape hands off me!" at the top of my lungs might be fun. I can scream LOUD, too.

I mean, if someone is going to ruin my night out, might as well ruin his!

I kind of want to be at the club when you do that (except I REALLY hate clubs and large crowds of people). Might be worth the panic attack...

I probably wouldn't, though, if I ever find a club around here worth going to again, I don't want to risk being the one who gets thrown out. Or SWAT showing up and spraying the crowd with rubber bullets. You never know these days.

I'd be wiser to give him a pityingly look, and in the infamous words of a friend of mine, say, "Sorry about your penis." A phrase useful in a ridiculous number of situations involving mouthy males. Hell, it might even work on females.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Pink, I think it's brave of you to share that story with us. I'm sure many of us can relate in some way. Some people are simply cruel. But you've got the right attitude now. We do this for ourselves, and no one else. You should be so proud of your accomplishments! You deserve the best life possible.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    But not a real green dress, that's cruel.

Ha ha nice BNL reference...

OP - I really love this post. You are new to this community but you have really become a valuable member with positive, realistic advice and relevant anecdotal experiences that you share with others. It's refreshing...

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Thank you all <3

I still remember the look of pure hatred and disgust on his face as he said it to me too! I think that's a moment I'll always remember but I won't let it define me, that's for sure. I think many of us have experienced that kind of thing here and there and the hurt it causes is on another level entirely! It's awful. And I just hate to think that others have had to deal with the same kind of upset

Hi Pixie

I think you missed something in this whole exchange

Something quite important

This person was trying to get your attention..he ruffled your hair to make you turn so he could flirt with you...you reacted as though you didn't understand his, admittedly clumsy and stupid, overture...so he read that as rejection. It happened twice ...and then he lashed out because he was an immature, embarrassed *kitten* of a person

What you would have understood if you didn't have such a fragile newly formed confidence in yourself is that he was attracted to you...your confidence in yourself, how you enjoyed yourself drew him to you like a moth to a flame

What you didn't understand because you need to develop your ego is that confidence like that is sexy

On that night you felt amazing

And I know that is what everyone around you saw too

I'm sorry you had a setback

But you've got this again

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    how dare that guy touch you without permission and then insult you. I quite frankly would have punched him in the face.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that happened to you. Whatever his reasons, what an awful person. I'm impressed that you've turned this into a way to motivate such positive and encouraging behavior, and I am sure you will manage to get past the remaining fears and anxieties too. It's my experience too that no matter how much you know that something like that has no reflection on who you are -- in my case, being picked on by a particular group in jr high and part of high school and feeling like an outcast -- it can have a lasting effect and be something you need to work on to get over. But you can and will.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I love your strength in this story, Pink. You could have lost yourself in your sadness and continued to wallow in it, but you refused to let that one bad incident rule you. I've such admiration for your beauty, inner and outer.
    So many people, women and men, can probably tell a story just like this one, and every single story is one of a very painful moment. That moment is a singular piece of time - a miniscule chance to make a choice. Hopefully this lovely story that you've shared, and the choice that you made, will inspire many other people to find their own strength to make the tough choice to carry on.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I'm so sorry that happened to you. Whatever his reasons, what an awful person. I'm impressed that you've turned this into a way to motivate such positive and encouraging behavior, and I am sure you will manage to get past the remaining fears and anxieties too. It's my experience too that no matter how much you know that something like that has no reflection on who you are -- in my case, being picked on by a particular group in jr high and part of high school and feeling like an outcast -- it can have a lasting effect and be something you need to work on to get over. But you can and will.

I will never get over being bullied in school. I will let the experience fuel my rise to power, until finally I rule the world. And then any kid who goes around bullying another kid will suffer the eternal torment and humiliation of three strikes, you're expelled, dude. Muahaha!
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    well, if there's justice in this world, he's gained about 100 lbs since then. I really don't care to justify his reasons for doing what he did. Bottom line, he was inappropriately touching, and verbally abusive. He hurt someone deeply. No excuse for that EVER.

Thanks for sharing PinkPixie. Helped me deal with my socially dysfunctional brother who called me Fatty for decades. Looking back at childhood photos, I was never fat, but he was always emaciated. He has never been self-supporting, while I started working at age 17, worked my way through college, earned very good jobs. Now I own a home, have a wonderful husband, and I allow brother to live in the garage apartment rent-free. IF he calls me names again, he's out of a free place to live. And I've never shared that with anyone, and probably wouldn't have if you hadn't posted your story.
  • lateacher1979
    lateacher1979 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    All I can say is...what a dick.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    There will be times in life we come face to face w a hateful human being and we have to learn to cope. It is what it is and its about them not us.

Face your fears. Put on a dress YOU LOVE and go out again.

You are worth it.

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Did he mean fat or phat?
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    But not a real green dress, that's cruel.

Kraft Dinner anyone? Great Post Pink! I must add that I think you look great!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Pixie, you are wonderful,

You have worked hard, and look great.

But more than that, you have a wonderful kind and caring personality, and an intelligent mind that shines through in all your posts.

Share those qualities with the world IRL.

Cheers, h.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Thank you all <3

I still remember the look of pure hatred and disgust on his face as he said it to me too! I think that's a moment I'll always remember but I won't let it define me, that's for sure. I think many of us have experienced that kind of thing here and there and the hurt it causes is on another level entirely! It's awful. And I just hate to think that others have had to deal with the same kind of upset

Hi Pixie

I think you missed something in this whole exchange

Something quite important

This person was trying to get your attention..he ruffled your hair to make you turn so he could flirt with you...you reacted as though you didn't understand his, admittedly clumsy and stupid, overture...so he read that as rejection. It happened twice ...and then he lashed out because he was an immature, embarrassed *kitten* of a person

What you would have understood if you didn't have such a fragile newly formed confidence in yourself is that he was attracted to you...your confidence in yourself, how you enjoyed yourself drew him to you like a moth to a flame

What you didn't understand because you need to develop your ego is that confidence like that is sexy

On that night you felt amazing

And I know that is what everyone around you saw too

I'm sorry you had a setback

But you've got this again

Quoted, because this post is so significant.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    Options
    I haven't told my story much because from my experience, those that come from exceptionally good families & haven't gone through what I have, find comfort in denying that situations; such as mine occur but I believe that it's important to mention because of my success in dealing, with situations; such as this afterwards.

The worst & best day of my life, were the same day & about 1/2 of a minute, in between both incidents. I was 5 years old & was kept in the hospital for a year, from having gone into cardiac arrest; when I was 4 years old because my blood sugars, went extremely low (I am severely hypoglycemic) & it happened again approximately, a year later. After my 2nd cardiac arrest, I was awake but so weak; that I didn't even have the strength to open my eyes. I believe that my Mother, thought that I was still unconscious/sleeping; she was holding my left hand & I felt her rubbing it, when I awoke.

The worst day of my life began, when a nurse left & after I heard the door close, my Mother then threw my hand onto the bed & said "Why don't you die? You just never die." I tried to say "Mommy I'm sorry" but luckily I physically wasn't able to. As tears began to well into my eyes, I recall thinking about what could I have possibly done; to deserve for my Mommy to want me to die?

The best day of my life, was when I tried to remember my life; prior to that moment & when I couldn't think of any reason to deserve my Mother's hatred, I came to the realization that it wasn't my fault; that she hated me. It also made me realize that if my own Mother could hate me & it not be my fault, anyone can.

However though I had ensure that I was certain that any future incidents of being hated, by anyone; wasn't actually my fault. So every time I've had to deal with being hated, I had to reevaluate my past; to be sure that it wasn't. I've never forgotten that soul crushing feeling that I had, when I initially believed that my Mother's hatred of me; was my fault. At the time it really made me, want to die; to escape it & it has since been what has kept me from ever creating situations of my own, in which I know that; I'd deserve to be hated.

There was an additional blessing in disguise, to my Mother's hatred of me & that was that those that hate, can't wait to hate because of my Mother exposing her hatred of me when I was 5 years old instead of waiting 20 years, I didn't have much time to reflect upon; in my attempt to seek a reason for it & therefore it made it, so easy to come to the conclusion; that this wasn't my fault.

So I hope that everyone understands that it's possible for anyone to hate you & for it not be your fault & that if someone does hate you, it's best to know as soon as possible; so that you are able to better evaluate whether or not someone else's hatred of you, is your fault & make amends, if so.
  • Suhrah623
    Suhrah623 Posts: 65 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I felt so crushed for you when I read what he said to you

Keep on going, you got this