What food do you avoid as its not worth the calories and/or fat content

Options

Replies

• placidegirl
    placidegirl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    I haven't cut anything out entirely. But there are definitely foods I've cut back on because they just don't seem worth the calories. Rice (other than sushi rice), pasta with cream sauce, french fries and other starchy side dishes have been cut *way* back. Also, I've cut out most of the "meh" or third-rate quality chocolate, cookies and chips, preferring to spend my calories on the really good, high-quality stuff.

great answer - quality over quantity is a great plan!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Candy/cookies. When I want something sweet I usually have a fiber one bar with protein. Not that it's much better than candy, but it goes a bit further as far as fullness goes for me.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Things that have a high carb value with little or no fiber or lots of salt. Not just for weight loss but for health reasons, I am prediabetic and have other health issues.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    Pop Tarts. I love them but 400 calories for one pouch is crazy. I occasionally splurge and have them for a meal. I know I will be hungry though, LOL.

I miss Pop Tarts, but I have found that the double chocolate Vita Tops, toasted in the oven, remind me of my favorite chocolate pop tart.
    To answer the question, donuts

• daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    ETA: I don't eat kale either, only way to eat it is either with lots of juice or kale chips which have lots of salt.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Those Krispy Kreme donuts that are just a glazed ring. Not worth the calories since I'll get hungry pretty quick, and I don't find them particularly yummy.

If I'm gonna eat a donut, it's gonna have some cream filling. Ideally it'll be chocolate dough, chocolate filling and chocolate frosting :sunglasses:

~Lyssa
  • spilledmilk
    spilledmilk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Soda, fancy coffee drinks, most creamy/heavy condiments & dressings (easy for me to skip since I don't like most of them anyways).
  • Evilbad
    Evilbad Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Those sugary coffee drinks that are really just dessert in a cup.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Most bread. I used to eat toast all the time for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch. Now I save bread only for special occasions
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Donuts. They aren't worth the calories most of the time.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Evilbad wrote: »
    Those sugary coffee drinks that are really just dessert in a cup.

I don't usually get sweetened drinks... but I do love me a latte. Smoky espresso, with the slight sweetness from the steamed milk. So good. I haven't had a good one in a few months. I might need to make a trip to Sweet Eugene's.

I have stopped eating enchiladas. Temporarily. So much cheese. So tasty. I'd rather eat chicken tacos and feel full. I might need to treat myself next month. Go to Chuy's, have theveggie enchilada, and a cheese chile relleno, and grab a latte on the way back to the office. :)
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Muffins.. I used to always get a muffin with my tea because they basically give it away for a quarter or something like that. Those suckers add up
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I don't eat stuff that isn't delicious to me. For example, I used to grab an Oreo or two if they're sitting there. Or chips! And I don't even like them that much.

However, if something is tasty (I love mayo on my sandwiches) I fit it in.
  • placidegirl
    placidegirl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    Those Krispy Kreme donuts that are just a glazed ring. Not worth the calories since I'll get hungry pretty quick, and I don't find them particularly yummy.

If I'm gonna eat a donut, it's gonna have some cream filling. Ideally it'll be chocolate dough, chocolate filling and chocolate frosting :sunglasses:

~Lyssa

brilliant - if i'm going to eat a donut it better be worth it
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I eat all the fat. Carbs and too much protein, however, I do mostly avoid.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Too many to list!
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    soda, juice, bread products.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower. The taste to calorie ratio is the worst.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Cauliflower. The taste to calorie ratio is the worst.

I believe that the honor for worst calorie to taste ratio is creamed corn.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Liquid calories of any kind