Sober September

Options
14567810»

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I had a glass of scotch last night when I was away for the weekend. I must have turned down ten offers of wine. I don't like scotch that much but I drank it so my friend could share it with me. Sigh.
  • lde3
    lde3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in for October - already feeling stressed about it and haven't even started! I want to do this.
  • MyWhole30Journey
    MyWhole30Journey Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess we all stumbled! I had wine too, 1/2 a bottle :( . Could have easily drank more but I only bought 1 bottle. Used stress as an excuse, lost a friend :'( , another deaf friend fell and broke her arm so I spent the day at the hospital with her. I've come to know that I can NOT be moderate in my drinking. I'm off the stuff for good. No more excuses.
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm in for what's left of this month and October. I've cut back the past few months from heavy drinking on the regular to some moderation but am choosing now just to go without. Makes life simpler. Alcohol encourages flares from an autoimmune disease I live with, disrupts my run schedule, and more often than not leads to actions that cause feelings of shame and guilt; not to mention the empty calories and unnecessary spending. Happy to find a supportive group on here.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I look at my two slips this month like this... I was drinking 2-4 glasses of wine every day.. This month I drank only twice the entire month! That's progress!
  • catherinelirian
    Options
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Day 32 AF for me. Will likely continue through October, although there may be a day or two that I'll have some wine while out of town. We'll see. I'm feeling pretty good without it.
  • shrcpr
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    I look at my two slips this month like this... I was drinking 2-4 glasses of wine every day.. This month I drank only twice the entire month! That's progress!

That's fantastic! Great job.
  • fiddletime
    Options
    I'm back on track for the rest of the year. Might have a glass of scotch on New Year's Eve though (omg here I go already planning it!). I did get my husband a Kentucky whiskey, rare brand, for Christmas this year. I'll take a sip but don't think I'll like it. My friends family distills it.
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @fiddletime Christmas presents already?! You're on top of it! Sounds like a nice gift.

@tmbg1 That's definitely an NSV!
  • fiddletime
    Options
    Less is better and we'll all make slips. After all we're human. But if the commitment is there the slips will be few and far between.
  • fiddletime
    Options
    How about "Off alcohol for October" as a name?
  • shrcpr
    Options
    Last day of December. Made it all the way through. Day 33 AF for me. :smile: I think I have a wine tasting tour next month so October won't be completely AF but shouldn't be too bad. I like certain wines okay but they're not my Achilles heel so should be okay.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I like sober October cause it rhymes
  • pembr0ke
    pembr0ke Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I starter 'Sober in October' on Monday, a few days early. Hoping to finally lose fat when combined with eating clean and weight training. I'm hoping to once again see my abs at the age of 49! :D
  • MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    Okay, I've started the new thread Sober October so maybe we can all hop over there. It can be found under Motivation and Support and if when you find it you click on the star at the top of the page it will be bookmarked for you to find easier the next time you're looking for us. See you in Sober October.
  • vlnielsen519
    vlnielsen519 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    How about "Off alcohol for October" as a name?
    How about "On the Wagon October"?
  • MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    Hey Everybody, the Sober October thread is up and running. Hope to see you there :)