June Move Your @SS Challenge...

Options

Replies

• amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    A small NSV for me today. Went for my first run post-pregnancy as hubby was home looking after my lil one. Ran 2.9 miles. That too in sweltering heat. Three months ago I could not have done that. And this is without any running training. I was just doing my shred dvd and my miles on bike and elliptical. So there is hope people. It can be done.
    lazy day today: 1.5 walked.
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Walked another 1.5 miles with a friend today. Signature updated!
  • EliotMaree
    EliotMaree Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hey I wondering if any of you know how to update your ticker, or how to add it to you page!?
    Any help would be greeat! thanks!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    vhuber welcome back!!

Good job everyone the first week of June Amazing movement!!!
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    7.0 miles yesterday. Ticker updated.
  • justyourtypicalgirl
    justyourtypicalgirl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    +3.45 for me today.
    2.05 doing C25K week 5 day 1
    1.4 on the elipitcal

See the mileage really adds to the motivation. Loves it.
  • MrsWendyQ
    MrsWendyQ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm up to 11.43 miles already..not too shabby for someone with the back I've got =) Hoping to get in another 2-4 tonight, depending on how much this old girl can take, lol.
  • Stephib10
    Stephib10 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    5 k run... Used Runkeeper app for the first time and cut a minute off my time as that lady kept telling me how fast I was going and I was afraid to slow down :)
  • miswen
    miswen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    vhuber- Welcome back! How is the basement?
    I did notice a couple of the "regulars" missing- I do miss seeing all their miles. I love this link- it keeps me focused on what I need to keep doing for myself : )
    Due to the heat here in WI most of my milage was done on my wii and treadmill today. 6 miles.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Walked 2.66 miles today. Will update ticker later as not able to do at the moment.

I am so pleased with my progress thus far, not large amounts like some of you amazing '10 miles a day' people (!), but for someone who could hardly walk a year ago I am do so much better than I anticipated. It feels good to move!

Well done to all!

remember you are COMPETING with only YOURSELF....trying to achieve your personal best....this is not a competition between posters....please dont get discouraged with your progress because of someone else's....you have not idea what they have going on....i personally work 9 hrs a day and have 2 young kids...i get done what I CAN get done for me....i love seeing these people with awesomely high miles...it makes me happy to know there are some kick *kitten* fit people out there working on their goal just like me.....remember this journey is about you and only you.... :)
  • bluiz13
    Options
    Walked 2.66 miles today. Will update ticker later as not able to do at the moment.

I am so pleased with my progress thus far, not large amounts like some of you amazing '10 miles a day' people (!), but for someone who could hardly walk a year ago I am do so much better than I anticipated. It feels good to move!

Well done to all!

Hopeful, you are several miles beyond your walking expectations, and supportive to the thread beyond my expectations. Thanks :flowerforyou:
    @Verda it's good to see you back :happy:
    @bri1720 Congratulations for walking 1.5 marathons in 2 days. Wow !!
    @lorinalynn Seems that the new tattoo didn't slow you down at all :smile:
    @Denise, I saw your progress pictures. Frankly, they are inspiring.

I was a little worried that after peaking in May, the thread would slow down considerably this month. Actually there are fewer participants in June, however we've already moved almost 500 miles in 5 days :drinker: and even more importantly the majority of the people are on track to reach their personal goals, which is really the purpose of the challenge.

that is great dinos about the majority of the group being on track...i love it when the whole group moves the way they set out too.....thanks for giving us that update, sometimes i forget to check your awesome chart.....and thanks for the progress pic shoutout...i am feeling really good right now....gave my scale away to my neighbor and am just doing the work in the hopes that when 7/4 rolls around i will be at my next goal of 173lbs....when i gave it away i was 180ish and i have been really doing all i can without killing myself with my new june program to make this happen.....thanks for the support....it means the world to me...
  • bluiz13
    Options
    5 k run... Used Runkeeper app for the first time and cut a minute off my time as that lady kept telling me how fast I was going and I was afraid to slow down :)

i LOVE runkeeper...i have been using it since aug 2009....

ps updated ticker with my 1mile before and after wts last night....
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I ran/jogged 4.1 miles today. :smile:

Anyone else have this happen? One of the routes I take is really hilly, which I have a love/hate relationship with. I hate doing it, but love the challenge. Anyway, sometimes I need to pause for a little while and walk a bit. Depending on how ragged I feel, I might take a few walk breaks.

Well, the last two days, I powered through it, and didn't take any walk breaks. But my average pace was *exactly* the same as it is when I do take walk breaks. Always right around 6mph. I'm not complaining. I'm happy with the pace, and know I go faster on race days when I have someone else to keep pace with. It just find it odd that it doesn't matter if I run the whole way or walk if I need it. *shrug*
  • EliotMaree
    EliotMaree Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Finally was able to make it to the gym yesterday! Did nothing but cardio, and abs of course! But not sure if the challenge is based on one form of excercise. Like only bike!? Because I love doing all!! I mix it up with the bike, olyptical, and the oh-famous stair master! Makes it a little more exciting.
    Well hope you are all out there moving your @sses!
    And good luck!
    Also I boost my goal up 5 miles because I kicked butt yesterday at the gym!
    =]
  • meanjeann
    meanjeann Posts: 40
    Options
    3.4 miles yesterday. 14.4 total. Trying to figure out how to add my distance ticker. Once I do that, I'll have that updated, too!
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Good moving everyone! 7 miles for me today. 4.5 on bike and 3 on elliptical.
  • Stephib10
    Stephib10 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    3.4 km walk pushing my 42 lb 3 year old! Beautiful day!
  • pamelajoyce84
    pamelajoyce84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Walked this morning! One more mile down.
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    I am really moving this month! Today was my off day from Insanity so I was able to get in a few more miles than normal. I logged 4.81 miles today on my bike for a grand total of 8.38 miles! wahoo! I am really moving this month and I feel great!

Keep up the good work everyone.:happy:
  • miswen
    miswen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    6 miles on this hot and steamy day in WI.