gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Busy in here. What is an NSV?
    "non scale victory"

Chest & tris=DONE!

• gam3rguy
    Options
    must have extra energy today. I did 4 extra incline sets on my bowflex. bowflex has more of a progressive tension. starts "easier" and gets tougher as you bend the rods. also depends on the hand grip settings. I set them wide to start at a pre-tension. I did a set of 200# for 12...not so bad. 260# for 10...not so bad. 280# for 10...not so bad. then I said screw it and loaded all of the rods! 310# for 6. DONE!

work is closed today. I was on my walk in...in the rain when a guy who works in maintenance pulled over and told me there is a "building emergency" and they were locking everything down. they're not letting anyone in and I don't know what the emergency is.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,971 Member
    Options
    Sorry, sdereski.

Beautiful pictures on this thread. Thanks!

I get to (finally!) go for a walk, today. Outside in the sun.

Two more days until eye-check. I hope I get the all-clear, at that time, to LIFT!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Thanks Beeps.

@gam3rguy - way to bring it!

@larrodarro - gorgeous sunset!

So, another dizzy spell. This one ended up with a hospital admission. Ugh! So here I lay, hooked up to 2 different heart monitors, listening to a constant "beep beep beep" guess that's a good thing!
  • madamebaco
    madamebaco Posts: 17 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    quote]
    So, another dizzy spell. This one ended up with a hospital admission. Ugh! So here I lay, hooked up to 2 different heart monitors, listening to a constant "beep beep beep" guess that's a good thing![/quote]

Oh my goodness! Poor thing! Well, you're right, you are in the right place. I hope they can get to the bottom of your dizzy spells!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sweetie sdereski, please take it all seriously! Be vigilant with your health care. Peace and good luck.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Sdereski hope they figure out what is going on quickly!
  • markburnett70
    markburnett70 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    So, another dizzy spell. This one ended up with a hospital admission. Ugh! So here I lay, hooked up to 2 different heart monitors, listening to a constant "beep beep beep" guess that's a good thing!

That sounds scary, good luck!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Thanks Beeps.

@gam3rguy - way to bring it!

@larrodarro - gorgeous sunset!

good luck and get well soon.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS! DONE! no work again today.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Sederski, so sorry about your friend. I hope you are feeling better soon and they find out your dizzy problem.
    We have been working on our wood pile for several hours the last two Sunday's. Good to get it started. I am way less sore and tired afterwards from last year, so that's good. I have been finishing up a friend's quilt today to get back to her this weekend. Not much else exciting going on here. Have a great day.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    @sdereski, oh my!!! Stay as long as you need to find out what is wrong!! Take care of yourself! Hugs!!

Busy bee here!! My trap/shoulder is flared up again!!! I think I need to take a rest day or two. My left hamstring is hurting a bit too after Bikram today. I'm going to have to be more diligent with my eating if I need to take a break from exercise. So many birthdays this month! My daughter will be 31 tomorrow! Can't believe how fast time goes by. Did I mention that my granddaughter is doing synchronized swimming?!?! I love to watch her, she is doing really well.

Larro, you are so good with your garden!!!! And where is Caramel?

Gam3, you are so funny!!!

Good night!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yeah, where is caramel? Curiousgeorge?

Tomorrow is my next dr appt with my retinal surgeon....here's hoping I get the "all clear" to start lifting, again.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »

Gam3, you are so funny!!!
    ...lookin'. :P

• gam3rguy
    Options
    Back=Done!
  • pattywedge
    pattywedge Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Patty! I'm 47 years old and will be an empty nester in 2 years. I started my healthy regimen in March of this year. Changes are going on in my Body and I need to get control of it. I use to count points with Weight Watchers but now I count calories and nutrition with MFP and I love it! I walk 5 to 7 Miles a day and do aerobics 3 or more times a week. I am working on eating healthier for example I am trying to eat low sodium but it is challenging sometimes, I am so amazed the sodium in pre packaged foods. I eat all my favorites in moderation, but I'm finding as I go along some of my favorites don't taste good to me anymore because I'm more conscious of what are in them and they don't taste very good anymore . I have lost 20 pounds so far and not sure what my final goal is going to be but right now it is around 150 for me. I would like to wear around a 9/10 but most important I don't want to look sickly. I am really proud of the healthier lifestyle I am leading and I look forward to sharing this journey with you.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I did a bodyweight workout this morning....with a few (low-weight) DBs thrown in. Boy, that felt really good.

I hope that I just get right-back-on-track quickly. I don't want to lose too much ground. I still have 2015 goals to meet....particularly in the fatloss region, but still.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all, thank you all for your well wishes and concern. I am wired up for 2 weeks, hopefully, something will be captured that will provide some insight / answers.

I was discharged yesterday and felt good all day. Am back to work today and am starting to have some short dizzy spells. I have NO idea why it happens some days and others not. After two weeks of wearing the holter monitor, I will have to see the cardiologist. So...we'll see. In the meantime, I was told to carry on as usual.

Another beautiful fall day here. We have had frost 3 consecutive nights now. It was "0 C" this morning at 8:30 a.m. Still no snow though! :)

Dance date with my granddaughter tomorrow. I look so forward to my Saturdays with her. <3

Have a great weekend!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Cool Kids.

We've had a wet, windy day here. I worked getting the shed organized this morning while it was raining. A job I am never that eager to do. Cooked Mamma some breakfast {at lunch time} and unloaded a truck load of mushroom compost into her garden. Messed around in the garden later, doing a mock-up of the rocket mass heater that will go in the greenhouse. I smell a little smoky still.

I had a talk with my boss about the insurance. She had forgot to tell me the Board had given me a 35% pay raise to offset the loss of the coverage. I felt much better after that. In the past, 10-15% was the norm. {that is every 4 or 5 years, when I got a raise}

Here are the numbers for the week.

20.4% Body Fat
    23.6 BMI
    169.2 Pounds

That is a gain of 1.4 pounds for the week.
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Yeah, where is caramel?

She is still chugging along. Right now she is training for an upcoming 5K.

Welcome to the new guys and hello to everyone else. You guys have a good one,

Larro

• entwife
    entwife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi there can I join in too? I'm 42, I've had a few health issues since my kiddies were born and the weight has crept up and up. I think I'm at the point where things are under control and I can start working on undoing all the damage **eek**

I don't have a massive amount to lose, about 20kg/44lb would get me back to the middle of my healthy weight range but I'm not thinking about the big picture. I am trying to work on my mindset, to take a positive holistic approach and live a healthy life. I have some bad habits like putting myself down, finding comfort in food and allowing myself to be powerless about my health. When really I'm in charge and its all in my power to live a healthy happy balanced life

So yeah that's where I'm at right now, would love to make some friends to chug along with on this journey :)