SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- OCTOBER 2015 CHALLENGE

Welcome to the October challenge!!!

Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

You set what you feel is late night snacking. For example, if you have extra calories left for the day, you can have a snack if it's small. Others decide not to eat at a past a certain time. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

Welcome!

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,820 Member
    Love it, I feel this challenge is one of the most modivated there is!!!!!!
  • 0utrun
    0utrun Posts: 71 Member
    <3 I'm in!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Love it, I feel this challenge is one of the most modivated there is!!!!!!

Thank you GrandmaJackie! I wish I could take full credit for this challenge, but when I joined the challenge, it was in the group section, which was started by someone else. After a while, only a couple people were active in the group, so someone in the group encouraged me to put it on the message board, and here we are. :smile:
  • LoveRedberries
    LoveRedberries Posts: 28 Member
    Im still in for October. Im only 8days in from September. Do I keep going or start over for October 1st
  • WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    My finale for September:
    Me: 30* …
    LNS: 0  …
    Streak: 30 … (60 overall) …

That's it! A full calendar month without LNS! I've never…and I mean NEVER gone through a calendar month without late night grazing. I'm proud of all of us for the decisions represented in the preceding pages. Great job!

Wisdom expressed by several seems appropriate for the new comers: Set a goal that allows for life. If you tell yourself "I'll never ever ever again…" you're set for failure, eventually. Some people set different cutoffs for weeknights and weekends, others have situational releases. For me, a goal like "no LNS 6 out of 7 nights" works. You decide what works for YOU. …
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,054 Member
    edited October 2015
    Third month with this thread and I am back! :)
    September goals
    :star: finish eating by 9pm on weekdays 30/30
    :star: finish eating by 10pm on weekends 0/30

Building in the slack at weekends to give an element of control was such a good idea, even though I never used it. My desire to snack late into the night was quickly superseded by my desire to more than maintain my streak. I won't say I wasn't tempted, and it was a while before it got through to hubby that I wasn't going to cave :lol: but here I am in October with a full month under my belt. Also, I no longer have to ban myself from the kitchen after the watershed.

Me: 30* :star: LNS: 0 :star: Streak: 30...(37 overall)

October Goals I am leaving the element of choice in there as it seemed to help last month. The first week I looked forward to the first weekend, then, when it came I didn't really want to snack later. :grey_question: Go figure? Contrary Terri or what? :)
    :star: Finish eating by 9pm, 5 days out of 7 days a week
    :star: Finish eating by 10pm, 2 days of my choice out of 7 days a week (I'm upping the element of choice here)
    :star: Post progress here (most important goal)

I'm going for a second month of LNS = 0
    WalkerPop wrote: »
    My finale for September:
    Me: 30* …
    LNS: 0  …
    Streak: 30 … (60 overall) …

That's it! A full calendar month without LNS! I've never…and I mean NEVER gone through a calendar month without late night grazing. I'm proud of all of us for the decisions represented in the preceding pages. Great job!

Wisdom expressed by several seems appropriate for the new comers: Set a goal that allows for life. If you tell yourself "I'll never ever ever again…" you're set for failure, eventually. Some people set different cutoffs for weeknights and weekends, others have situational releases. For me, a goal like "no LNS 6 out of 7 nights" works. You decide what works for YOU. …

I couldn't be more pleased for you. Your words of wisdom are a comfort and an inspiration.
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    This challenge has been so beneficial to my weight loss. It doesn't come easy for me. But knowing that I have to report it the next day, gets me through the night.

Goal: no eating after 7pm.

Good luck, everyone! <3
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    edited October 2015
    Yay! October is here! My goal for October will be to beat my score from September! I did better than I thought I would, and as a result of fighting the LNS, lost 7.1 pounds after a two month plateau! Here we go!

September:
    Me: 24
    LNS: 6
    Streak: 6

October goals:
    * No LNS after dinner
    * Streak of 10
    * No LNS at least 25/31
  • sunshineformiles
    sunshineformiles Posts: 16 Member
    Oh my gosh, I need this challenge in my life desperately.

Goal: no snacking after 8:00pm on weekdays, 9:00pm on weekends

(Also - do we check in on this thread? This is my first challenge on MFP)
  • WalkerPop
    edited October 2015
    (Also - do we check in on this thread? This is my first challenge on MFP)

Yes. Check-in each day. Update the gang on your progress. You may be shocked at how motivational accountability can be!

Look around while you're here. I'll wager you'll find something that encourages or speaks to you. I'll bet you also have some wisdom or encouragement that will be valuable others!

BTW, welcome to the team!
  • RWayne48
    RWayne48 Posts: 68 Member
    Oh I so need this! I'm in starting today :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,054 Member
    Me: 1*
    LNS: 0
    Streak: 1...(38 overall)
  • 2307dee
    2307dee Posts: 62 Member
    This is my first challenge after two years on MFP, and I can honestly say that LNS is my downfall. So after Day 1 -
    Me: 1
    Brilliant idea, so bring it on xx
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    me:1*
    lns:0
    october streak:1
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited October 2015
    Oct 1 (Thurs)

Over all Steak 11

New weekly goals:
    1) Get protein in mid afternoon
    2) only fruit after 8 pm
    3) Plan ONLY 2 days with something sweet PORTION control, though!
  • GrandmaJackie
    faithan84 wrote: »
    Yay! October is here! My goal for October will be to beat my score from September! I did better than I thought I would, and as a result of fighting the LNS, lost 7.1 pounds after a two month plateau! Here we go!

September:
    Me: 24
    LNS: 6
    Streak: 6

October goals:
    * No LNS after dinner
    * Streak of 10
    * No LNS at least 25/31

Yahoo, outstanding results!!!!!
  • sufufitness
    sufufitness Posts: 76 Member
    Me:1
    LNS:0
    Month #2 (and half of August). What a great group!
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member

:)
  • sunshineformiles
    sunshineformiles Posts: 16 Member
    Thanks WalkerPop!

Me: 1
  • WalkerPop
    Me: 1* … That's one in a row. Here we go!
    LNS: 0 …
    Streak: 1 … (61 total: 8/2/15) …

Since this is an accountability group for me, I'll put my October Weekly Goals out:
    Water: Full gallon at least 5 of 7 days per week. … …
    Sleep: Seven hours at least 5 of 7 days per week. … …
    WTD: Walk the dog 5 of 7 days per week. … …
    LNS: Eat nothing after 9 p.m. 6 of 7 days per week. … …