The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Wow. Interesting inside look I haven't thought about before...being on the animal testing side and worrying about "liberators" who have no clue what they are doing...just being extreme in their actions. I bet that is scary!!!
    @jen_417 Thanks! The makeup came out fine...I just despise the color orange (coral...we're good...orange...ick)...and I felt that I looked like politician's wife, lol. The hair almost looks blonde and the septum ring is barely noticeable...but that is the fun of makeup! Tomorrow is ghost. OooooOOOOooooOoOOOoo!!!!

Thank-you, YouTube, once again...where would I be without you?! I now totally get how to do the neckline...duh...it seems so simple now...but those stupid sewing instructions can be so confusing!

Good point. Seriously, those monkeys are better off where they are then, what, roaming around free? Because what're they going to do with them, even if they manage to set them loose? Let them starve while roaming the streets, scaring the crap out of people? Care for them themselves? Ugh.

• jennifer_417
    Options
    Checking in! Working a 9 hour overtime shift today. I'm soooo looking forward to crawling into my flannel sheets once this shift is over.
    Hiiii!

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    My fiancé is like you...he gets embarrassed/ashamed for what OTHER guys are doing...in real life/tv/just talking about stuff guys do/say. He just isn't THAT kind of guy and it baffles him why other guys are like that. He is a "guy guy"...blue collar, likes to build stuff, likes to fish, likes things with wheels, etc...he is quite "manly" (not that any of that makes a man but you get what I'm saying) but he isn't macho...and overly macho guys just make him cringe. He also is quite...conservative, I'll say...when it comes to objectifying the opposite sex. He doesn't ogle/catcall, etc and feels like if he were to do it...he'd be a creep. I'm more of an creep than he is, lol! But it isn't like he is prudish or stuffy, he is like a gentleman with a dirty sense of humor...perfect!

^ That's me.

I love doing all the am stuff. Hell, I grunt every time I have a powertool in hand.

When I used to work at locations where the public was visible I was always uncomfortable. My coworkers would always be oogling the women on the platform, whatever, talking about how they'd "hit that," and various other vulgar remarks. I'd always have to excuse myself to go to the bathroom, as I saw it as disgusting. Oh, and these were always married men.

Any guy (a very very very very small few) who did not act the same was branded as gay. I could only imagine speaking out, which is why I'd always excuse myself. Yeah, I like women, but to act as these guys did... and oh yeah, I mention that they were married? And yet I could imagine their reaction if their wife even accidentally looked at another guy.

I was on one occasion asked what I thought of the women outside. I couldn't resist. I responded along the lines of, "If your wife doesn't make you happy enough that you're acting this way, why stay married?" Oh did I get cursed out.
    I've been here for a bit. Gearing up for Primate Animal Liberation Week. Not excited about the extra patrols or some random person coming down here from Houston who doesn't know that all 142 of our chimps have names and their own unique personalities!
    How are THEY going to know that when Hannah runs up to the edge of her enclosure she's not a threat and she's just trying to greet you and say hello?
    How are THEY going to know that Addie grips the hand of the animal attendant giving her insulin because that's the only way she can hug her?
    How are THEY going to know that the squirrel monkeys are harmlessly grooming you when they swarm on you and pull on your hair?

They are going to come up here acting like THEY know EVERYTHING and they don't know SQUAT about our animals! :grumble:

Sounds like a situation that can be anything other than good. Hope it doesn't get too ugly.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Anybody alive out there? I'm 2872% ready for this week to be over.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Yo...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    So....I'm here. Unfortunately, as a preemptive measure, I am off caffeine for the foreseeable future.
    Been having some chest tightening, heart racing, blood pressure issues whenever I have a cup of coffee. I wanna cry about it but it's just such a first world problem.

@Frankie_Felinius I hope your ghost themed make-up comes out FABULOUSLY and I'm glad you've gotten then neckline thing figured out.

@jennifer_417 I'm sure you did well on your exam and I also can't wait for this week to be over. Or at least for it to be Monday so I can make my stupid car payment. :angry:

My weight has been up by SIX(6) POUNDS!!! WTF BODY?!
    -No, it's not almost TOM.
    -No, I'm not preggers.
    -No, I'm not overeating.

Could I possibly be working out too hard and all of my muscles are inflamed at once?! My pooping is on POINT, so I have no idea what could be causing this.
    I have lost an inch on my bust, an inch on my waist and 2 inches on my hips so...I'm just going to avoid that nasty thing with the blinky numbers... :grumble:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @jennifer_417 Good Luck!!!!! And I've lost a lot of compassion working 911. It seems like it shouldn't be that way but I just don't have a lot of sympathy left for people who won't help themselves out whatever situation they're in.

And hurricane what's-his-name is now looking like he's going to stay well offshore. Now if the rest of this rain would move out, we'd be good to go.

This is how a few of our commissioned officers feel. When someone GENUINELY needs help in the field, they are there and 100% compassionate. BUT if this is the 4th call out to your address for this SAME reason, you're not getting a whole lot of love and support at that point.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    @belimawr - Wow! Love the photos. Is that a Salamander?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I've got a new tech that just doesn't seem to be catching on. Not sure what I'm going to do. He tries hard and wants to do well. Now I've got to figure out how to change his training to a method that he will retain. I'm convinced most people who want to learn, can. We just need to find a way to teach so that they can retain the information. Students don't all fit in the same mold and they shouldn't have to conform to my method of teaching. if I'm a good teacher, I will be able to change how I teach to benefit the most students or the one student in this case.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

tumblr_n71uf1fbSK1smcbm7o1_400.gif
    Actually, I slept ok before coming into start my shift. I got about 6 hrs but the coworker that I usually work with tonight, worked a modified shift this weekend meaning I am all alone for the entire night. I could easily take a nice nap and no one would know........sooo tempting >_>
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I've got a new tech that just doesn't seem to be catching on. Not sure what I'm going to do. He tries hard and wants to do well. Now I've got to figure out how to change his training to a method that he will retain. I'm convinced most people who want to learn, can. We just need to find a way to teach so that they can retain the information. Students don't all fit in the same mold and they shouldn't have to conform to my method of teaching. if I'm a good teacher, I will be able to change how I teach to benefit the most students or the one student in this case.

Yes to all of this.
    I sincerely wish you the best of luck. I remember being SO frustrated in my first chemistry course because I JUST WASN'T GETTING IT! I wanted to, I just couldn't.
    Then a fellow student and my Aunt recommended Crash Course on Youtube. I never looked back. Had I been capable of being there for the final, I'm sure I would have passed.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »

Actually, I slept ok before coming into start my shift. I got about 6 hrs but the coworker that I usually work with tonight, worked a modified shift this weekend meaning I am all alone for the entire night. I could easily take a nice nap and no one would know........sooo tempting >_>

I know this feeling. I got 6 hours of sleep but I've been awake since 3pm. I fear I will hit 5am and crash without a caffeine fix, which I cannot have because I do not want to feel all icky and heart racy and stuff.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »

As soon as you did that, someone would walk in to check on you.
  • moogplayer
    moogplayer Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm a little buzzed
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    @lilaclovebird I'm guessing it is just regular ol' MUSCLE. You're working out like crazy, burning fat...building muscle! Your measurements are down...so I'm guessing you're getting to that point where your body doesn't have all that extra fat to burn off so it starts building instead...just my guess. And the coffee thing...I feel for ya. Coffee is terrible for my anxiety but I do it anyway (I'm a glutton for punishment apparently)...and more than a cup or two will for sure make my heart race and feel as if it is palpitating!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I. Am. So. Tired. This week had been brutal. I actually get a whole day off tomorrow, but I'll probably spend it sleeping and/or hiding out.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I. Am. So. Tired. This week had been brutal. I actually get a whole day off tomorrow, but I'll probably spend it sleeping and/or hiding out.

See bolded.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I went to bed around 1:30 pm...woke up by children screeching in the backyard (through EARPLUGS) around 4:30. I shut the window, turned both fans up as high (and as loud) as they would go. Woke up at 6:30...no way I was going back to sleep. Guess I'm on that five hour train again...

Aaaand I thought I had that neckline figured out...turns out, I don't. I actually had to rip out a shizzton of seams I already stitched because I misunderstood a step. I brought my stuff & machine to work so I can work on it here. I'm pretty sure I know what to do now but jimeny christmas...so.much.work...so many mistakes...so.much.more.work...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @lilaclovebird I'm guessing it is just regular ol' MUSCLE. You're working out like crazy, burning fat...building muscle! Your measurements are down...so I'm guessing you're getting to that point where your body doesn't have all that extra fat to burn off so it starts building instead...just my guess. And the coffee thing...I feel for ya. Coffee is terrible for my anxiety but I do it anyway (I'm a glutton for punishment apparently)...and more than a cup or two will for sure make my heart race and feel as if it is palpitating!

Gosh I hope so. I supposedly have Lean Body Mass of 135 pounds. I'm currently at 179 pounds...I'm not counting that time I weighed 182. That was ONE TIME!
    Ideally, I'd like to hit 150 lbs-ish but I care more about what my body can do at this point more than what it weighs. My resting heart rate is around 59 bpm, my blood pressure is 119/78, my doctor says my blood sugars and cholesterol numbers are all normal. Pretty much OTHER than BMI and probably BF%, I'm totally healthy.

Tomorrow is DEFINITELY a rest day. FULL on got my food pre logged to keep me right at my goal, even allowing for some miscellaneous snacking (which I will delete if I don't do).
    Poor Tessa, I'm not walking nobody nowhere tomorrow.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I went to bed around 1:30 pm...woke up by children screeching in the backyard (through EARPLUGS) around 4:30. I shut the window, turned both fans up as high (and as loud) as they would go. Woke up at 6:30...no way I was going back to sleep. Guess I'm on that five hour train again...

Aaaand I thought I had that neckline figured out...turns out, I don't. I actually had to rip out a shizzton of seams I already stitched because I misunderstood a step. I brought my stuff & machine to work so I can work on it here. I'm pretty sure I know what to do now but jimeny christmas...so.much.work...so many mistakes...so.much.more.work...

But you're LEARNING! Isn't that exciting?!