Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    JoeyTajzai wrote: »
    Hmm.. You can keep the explosives and bottle of water.. I think we can probably do some serious damage with the stapler. Maybe using it as a gun from a distance. I don't know though if we should start forming with other or just take refuge in a Walmart.

Ok, sounds good. I think some of the cats around here would be pretty helpful.

If by cats you are talking about actual animals, I agree with you.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    You can stand there and stare at me for as long as you'd like, lady...I still can't take a cash payment.

(Not my rule, though I totally agree with it!)

I wish we would adopt that rule!

That reminds me of the lady that pouted, (I mean literally leaned against my counter and stuck her lip out like a 6-year-old) when I couldn't give them a different room. Didn't say anything, just a woman in her 40s leaning there sticking her lip out.

I just rolled my eyes a little too hard I think...lol

When our last manager put some rules in place regarding check-ins, it made a huge difference! We no longer accept cash (actually we CAN, we just don't...unless you are a little old lady traveling through with no credit card), no prepaid type cards, etc. Seriously, huge difference in quality of guests. We still get some local riff raff that have credit cards but greatly reduced. After we stopped accepting cash, we did get a slew of prepaids through Expedia, etc...all locals. Turns out they were using stolen credit card numbers...
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Keepin it classy it sounds like lol
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like doing work tonight.....but I KNOW I need to....ugh....
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You can stand there and stare at me for as long as you'd like, lady...I still can't take a cash payment.

(Not my rule, though I totally agree with it!)

I wish we would adopt that rule!

That reminds me of the lady that pouted, (I mean literally leaned against my counter and stuck her lip out like a 6-year-old) when I couldn't give them a different room. Didn't say anything, just a woman in her 40s leaning there sticking her lip out.

I just rolled my eyes a little too hard I think...lol

When our last manager put some rules in place regarding check-ins, it made a huge difference! We no longer accept cash (actually we CAN, we just don't...unless you are a little old lady traveling through with no credit card), no prepaid type cards, etc. Seriously, huge difference in quality of guests. We still get some local riff raff that have credit cards but greatly reduced. After we stopped accepting cash, we did get a slew of prepaids through Expedia, etc...all locals. Turns out they were using stolen credit card numbers...

Sounds like before your new rules @bethanie0825 and I wouldve been taking more calls/reports for your location lol.

And I can see where that would make a huge difference in your quality of guests. I wish more places around here would adopt those policies if for no other reason than to help clean them up.

@jennifer_417 seriously.....pouting....dude I'm 22 and even I wouldn't bother that childish behavior.

@JoeyTajzai and @jennifer_417 Seriously....I started this plan and ya'll are gonna leave me out? I see how it is....I go to day shift and ya'll take over all the fun. *sigh* I'll forgive ya'll just remember to return my owl pencil case and that I will be back to nights soon. *mwahaha*
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Well, if we give the pencil case back, then we'll have to rework the entire plan...but ok, I guess. Also, we'd be willing to cut you in on the world domination plan, if you promise to bring order to the Middle East.
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...you drive a hard bargain. But I'll return if the following conditions are met:

1: The pencil case must be returned. We will re-work the plan with a zebra pen
    2: I will restore the peace to the middle east if you will restore capital punishment for all death sentence felons and anyone that abuses children
    3: We must create a team name....I cannot stress how IMPORTANT this is.
    4: We shall have weekly cappuccino or alcoholic beverage
    5: More blue and green needed in our designs.......like seriously....its blue and green. Never too much of those.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Ok, done, but only with the additional condition that you also sort out the Mexican drug cartels.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I'm on board. When do we start? I imagine we need a team name and weekly beverage first.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Well, "The Avengers" is already taken, so I'm open to ideas. As far as beverage, how 'bout some Turkish coffee? Also, I'm down with the blue and green, but we should add some type of metallic color, like silver.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    As long as I can bring some sugar free red bull, I'm set. No coffee for this girl. What about black with the blue and green?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Hmmm....How we compromise with a sparkly gunmetal color?
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    That'd probably look good. I was going to say black with a diamond sparkle lol but gunmetal will rock. lol
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    LacednLace wrote: »
    Hmmm...you drive a hard bargain. But I'll return if the following conditions are met:

2: I will restore the peace to the middle east if you will restore capital punishment for all death sentence felons and anyone that abuses children
    5: More blue and green needed in our designs.......like seriously....its blue and green. Never too much of those.

A Zebra pen! I'm a Zebra gal! One day in cosmo school, I noticed my esthetics instructor using the exact same model to sign off on something for me. Then we became friends instantly. The end.

• jennifer_417
    Options
    LacednLace wrote: »

A Zebra pen! I'm a Zebra gal! One day in cosmo school, I noticed my esthetics instructor using the exact same model to sign off on something for me. Then we became friends instantly. The end.

Sooo...does that mean you're in?
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    As Groucho Marx once said "I don't want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of their members."

Besides, I don't play well with others & I am (unfortunately) apathetic about things that do not directly concern me. I'm not cut out for that kind of stuff...trust me...I'd just be a hinderance.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    But this does concern you, we want world domination!! :D
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Sounds like too much work. I'd rather sit over here doing nothing.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I'm also lazy and bossy. I wouldn't help dominate *kitten*. I'd just sit back and tell everyone how they are doing it wrong. No one likes that person!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    So I moved roughly 3 weeks ago and did nothing but eat out, I'm up almost 10 lbs!! Time to start cooking again. I'm on night 4 of 8 right now, wohoo. Went back and read a few pages and had to laugh at the online shopping comments, just tonight one of the support staff was shocked to see I was busy doing work and not shopping. I always forget I've done it, too, until I get home in the morning and check my email. Oh yeah, I did order those dishtowels and Lego set lol