Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Wow! This thread is flying tonight! I'm having a hard time just keeping up the reading. Just sent my last patient out the door and got in a quick bike ride so time to catch up and find out how many cats I'm going to have to come up with to join the world domination club.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Wow! This thread is flying tonight! I'm having a hard time just keeping up the reading. Just sent my last patient out the door and got in a quick bike ride so time to catch up and find out how many cats I'm going to have to come up with to join the world domination club.

If you could come up with like 3, we'd be happy to have you!

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    But this does concern you, we want world domination!! :D

From my perspective, as women, we already have it. :naughty:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

if-women-ruled-the-world.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »

Lulz

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    bahahaha!!!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »

Here YOU go:

https://youtu.be/e4rQeEULTqg
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I killed the thread... :disappointed:

I just don't like that stupid 'Women are overemotional so they aren't effective leaders' crap.
    All women are different. I know several, like myself, who would definitely be willing to throw down as a world leader and have a war.
    It is also fair to say there are women out there who would use their expert female communication skills to avoid physical types of conflicts altogether.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I'm a terrible feminist. Sure, I believe women should get paid the same as men...but...pink pens!

Seriously...gals who get offended by marketing directed towards women need to get their panties unbunched from out their @$$. Pink sparkly pens? Sure! Goldfish crackers pink and wearing a crown? Hell yeah! I have a hammer with pink grip in my car. Is it cute? Yup, yup...but I'll still cave your skull in with it. Marketing targets ALL types of people...of all ages, genders, classes, subgroups of people etc. That is what marketing IS...targeting specific groups of people. If you aren't girly...don't buy the goddamned pink pens...why act like it is a bigger issue than it really is?!

I'm also not a fan of "re-gendering" words. Herstory instead of history. Hispes instead of herpes...ridiculous.

I think maybe part of the reason I'm a bad feminist is because I am of the pinup persuasion. I dress uber-girly and feminine and like to show some cleavage. It is hard to be like "Don't sexualize us girls!" when I have heels on to push my @$$ up and out & a push-up bra to lift my ta-tas up and help showcase them in whatever dress I'm wearing...because I don't wear pants...because I think pants are for men. (Unless they are fleecy and have something adorable on them.)

Oh yeah...and I don't like to watch womens' sports.

@lilaclovebird I'm assuming you posted that for the "male leadership" section, (which I agree, it isn't ok how lopsided it is) soooo...just to clarify...my intentions aren't to offend you if the whole video is in line with your beliefs...I was just stating my qualifications as a crappy feminist.
  • BodyByBex
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm a terrible feminist. Sure, I believe women should get paid the same as men...but...pink pens!

Seriously...gals who get offended by marketing directed towards women need to get their panties unbunched from out their @$$. Pink sparkly pens? Sure! Goldfish crackers pink and wearing a crown? Hell yeah! I have a hammer with pink grip in my car. Is it cute? Yup, yup...but I'll still cave your skull in with it. Marketing targets ALL types of people...of all ages, genders, classes, subgroups of people etc. That is what marketing IS...targeting specific groups of people. If you aren't girly...don't buy the goddamned pink pens...why act like it is a bigger issue than it really is?!

I'm also not a fan of "re-gendering" words. Herstory instead of history. Hispes instead of herpes...ridiculous.

I think maybe part of the reason I'm a bad feminist is because I am of the pinup persuasion. I dress uber-girly and feminine and like to show some cleavage. It is hard to be like "Don't sexualize us girls!" when I have heels on to push my @$$ up and out & a push-up bra to lift my ta-tas up and help showcase them in whatever dress I'm wearing...because I don't wear pants...because I think pants are for men. (Unless they are fleecy and have something adorable on them.)

Oh yeah...and I don't like to watch womens' sports.

@lilaclovebird I'm assuming you posted that for the "male leadership" section, (which I agree, it isn't ok how lopsided it is) soooo...just to clarify...my intentions aren't to offend you if the whole video is in line with your beliefs...I was just stating my qualifications as a crappy feminist.

It was solely for the Male Leadership section in this context. I am also definitely NOT for Online Harassment, Women's Magazines alternating between 'Love your body' and 'Lose 20 pounds in 20 days!' and Gender Based comments like 'Must be that time of the month.' If I'm angry and you assume it's that 'time of the month,' the next time you are sleeping, I will just assume that you are dead. So don't be mad when I bury you out in the yard.

I, for one, LOVE pink pens and my Venus razor will always have a place in my bathroom. Marketing exists to sell things and it works. Hypersexualized ads don't even bother me. I dress myself in jeans and a tank top because it is less effort, but if you look into country music, THAT is being hypersexualized too!
    If I want to be sexualized, I will dress to be sexualized. All I ask is that it be recognized that my sexualized persona that I put on is not all that I am.
    I find the female body to be very attractive, so by all means, show it to me in advertising. :naughty:

I ALSO feel women should get paid the same as men.
    However, I can disagree with the growing chant of 'we need women in men dominated fields' e.g. firefighters. No. Because they keep making 'exceptions' for the physical portions of their JOB. If you cannot do the job or will not make the effort to where you are capable of fulfilling the requirements for that job, then you are not suited for that job and should not do that job.

Want more women in STEM fields? Then more women need to CHOOSE to be in STEM fields. As it is, they pick fields that are more oriented towards nurturing/caring directly for others. I can vouch that here at my research facility Lab 4 is roughly 85% female bio-engineers/researchers. Our physical plant dept. (maintenance for EVERYTHING on this campus) is run by a woman and about 50% of her staff is women. (ETA: These women are plumbers, electricians, and IT directors, NOT 'housekeeping'.)

So a lot of the time I feel that feminists are advocating for change in places where change will only happen gradually as more and more women choose to go that direction.

Let's be honest here, I'm at a point where I am no longer losing weight for my health. I am losing weight strictly for vain purposes of looking better. I have also come to terms with the fact that there is probably someone out there who has a REAL problem with that. :laugh:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I call myself a feminist by the classic definition of the term: That I believe that women are the absolute equal to men. I get frustrated with some versions of feminism that seem to point to the superiority of women over men, or that seem to get angry when someone dare suggests women are DIFFERENT from men.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I call myself a feminist by the classic definition of the term: That I believe that women are the absolute equal to men. I get frustrated with some versions of feminism that seem to point to the superiority of women over men, or that seem to get angry when someone dare suggests women are DIFFERENT from men.

I also dislike the 'feminist' who fails to recognize, or worse gets downright pissy, when I mention that men have their struggles for equality too.
    Men have to fight harder every day for sole custody of their children because men are not seen as 'nurturing' when in fact MANY studies have shown that both genders are equally capable of nurturing and raising a child. There are other examples I could come up with but my relief is here and my shift is over! See ya'll tomorrow. :heart:
  • Hea1thyGam3r
    Hea1thyGam3r Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options

I used to get highly annoyed with the militant feminists that did those two things, and even the non militant.. anymore they just make me shake my head a little sadly. It's really not their fault, the wealth of opinions and information that floods our daily lives now due to social media really has the ability to severely influence partially developed beliefs. It's easy for the young and the disillusioned to grip onto the beliefs of those who are the loudest and be forced to 'pick a side' even though the real adults realize that there really isn't any side to pick. It's an us thing no matter how much some people want it to be an us and them thing. Just my 2 cents, adjusted for inflation and cost of living to about 3.50.
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    @jennifer_417 How about we leave sorting out the drug cartels to our new team member @bethanie0825. Afterall, I already agreed to attempt the peace in middle east and bring a zebra pen.

By the way, hell yeah to the gunmetal and silver. Or black with the diamond sparkle. They all sound good.

For beverage, I'll have to stick with my monster (ultra zero version) and cappuccinos

Next concern.... Team name......I mean come on....we're three bada** chicks with one male on a team trying to rule the world.....there's gotta be something witty for that type of situation lol
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Mmm...ok, I think shes up to the challenge. Youre bringing plety to the table.

Lets make it BYOB, since everyone wants something different to dring.

Also, I think we have 3 chicks, 1 dude for sure, and possibly @sufferlandrian + 3 cats. Pretty sure we will be unstoppable.

Still unusre about a name, but well come up with something!
  • DiddleOnTheRun
    DiddleOnTheRun Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Could a night lab tech join your group, I I I have lime green co-flex bandages....and I LOVE LOVE pink pens!!!
  • jennifer_417
    Options

I used to get highly annoyed with the militant feminists that did those two things, and even the non militant.. anymore they just make me shake my head a little sadly. It's really not their fault, the wealth of opinions and information that floods our daily lives now due to social media really has the ability to severely influence partially developed beliefs. It's easy for the young and the disillusioned to grip onto the beliefs of those who are the loudest and be forced to 'pick a side' even though the real adults realize that there really isn't any side to pick. It's an us thing no matter how much some people want it to be an us and them thing. Just my 2 cents, adjusted for inflation and cost of living to about 3.50.
    Really good points, even after all adustments.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Could a night lab tech join your group, I I I have lime green co-flex bandages....and I LOVE LOVE pink pens!!!
    You're in!
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You're in!

Wait wait wait...not sooooo fast. Are they water resistant/proof? If so....welcome aboard.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    This being up days is for the birds. All I want to do is take a nap. 17 hours to go and I'm done.