Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Sooo, I've been eating my feels all week...smh. Is that a wagon I can get kicked off of?

I would kick you off but I'm right there with ya. Drinking wine for emotional reasons counts as eating my feels right?
    Ayuh.

Then maybe this should just be the party wagon. :sunglasses:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Sooo, I've been eating my feels all week...smh. Is that a wagon I can get kicked off of?

I would kick you off but I'm right there with ya. Drinking wine for emotional reasons counts as eating my feels right?
    Ayuh.

Then maybe this should just be the party wagon. :sunglasses:
    I think I'm good with that! B)

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »
    Hahaha right?! I suspect he'll eventually get tired of all the "mean people" in the forums telling him that he's wrong and ragequit. But you never know, he might actually stick around long enough to learn something.

And wait...you have really cute puppies AND you make chocolate? How YOU doin'? Lol!

That line might work if I did not have visions of Joey (friends) trying to crack on with me now......lol

Now you're showin' your age dude. LOL. Crap. Now I did too.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    fatjon73 wrote: »
    Hahaha right?! I suspect he'll eventually get tired of all the "mean people" in the forums telling him that he's wrong and ragequit. But you never know, he might actually stick around long enough to learn something.

And wait...you have really cute puppies AND you make chocolate? How YOU doin'? Lol!

That line might work if I did not have visions of Joey (friends) trying to crack on with me now......lol

Now you're showin' your age dude. LOL. Crap. Now I did too.
    Does it show my age that I totally knew where that line was from to begin with?

• LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @bethanie0825 Ya'll got to hook up the HDMI from the laptop? Im massively jealous. That would be awesome for those quiet zones in the early am on night shift. we can read, write, knit, etc. Basically as long as it doesn't take away from our work and doesn't involve electronic devices.

Ya'll are derf right about how easy its become to spend the overtime money earned.
    I'm usually over here like, "I'm gonna save it!!!!" Then I pay a little extra on bills or go crazy buying my sons things. For instance, thankfully I got a little overtime this month because its been really tight and his birthday was yesterday and his party is this upcoming weekend. I got overtime, turned right around and ordered his birthday games for the party and presents.

Ironically on amazon looking for a tagging gun for an upcoming consignment sale in the area. I could just use safety pins but I like the little tag thingies and I feel like this would be much faster. (And safer since my 2yoa like to mess with everything I'm doing) As for the doughnut thing..... (besides to obvious yum/*drool*) i've found we never really have them on night shift but our day shift brings them in around once-twice a week or more if its holiday time. Being on night shift there was a lot less temptation here. (Less food/baked goods brought in, the night shift teams don't out to eat every day--- because well most places are closed)

So on my two days off work, one was spent in appointments and work training. The other was spent celebrating my son's birthday! Working so much and getting very little time with them makes me really appreciate the rare days that I do get to see my boys. We may have been running all over the place but it was still good. We took him to breakfast with his grandmother, picked up a couple things from dollar tree, took him to a local rescue zoo ----we got to feed a giraffe, pigs, goats, and see a bunch of others up close, he napped on the way home, we ate lunch together, grilled pork loin for dinner with his great grandmother, then straightened up the house, got him ice cream, chilled out for maybe 30min-1hr and off to bed we went. I'd say it was a wonderful way to spend the day off. :heart:

Today however, is my day back at work :neutral: for the long weekend. And whereas that would usually mean Fri-Sun then Monday and Tuesday off work, I will actually be working every day til Wednesday because Im switching to our other dayshift in order to knock out some training. :sweat:

Sorry for long post ya'll. How is everyone doing? I know ya'll are probably sleeping, but I look forward to reading posts later/tomorrow.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Back in the saddle for my long weekend too...yay. I'm def on the party wagon too, been eating my feelings since Wednesday morning.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Had to give on on the bike today. I was exhausted. Grabbed some sleep instead and then got up and lifted weights. Then my son comes out and puts it all in perspective. He pats my belly and says, "That's a belly." I'm not sure if it was a statement of observation of a statement of awe from the size of the thing. :smile:

@bethanie0825 - You've been at that most the week. What do you have going on?

@LacednLace - Sounds like a great day with the kid. Glad you able to take the time to spend with him. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Nah, I was off Wednesday and Thursday nights. I'll work tonight, Saturday, and Sunday nights. Just had a crappy Wednesday morning is all. Hopefully this will be an uneventful weekend and we won't have anyone bring us donuts.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Heyoooh! It is Monday. Blech. But at the end of this week starts a 10 day vacation so I'll power through knowing that is coming! Earlier today my kiddo and I went to the art museum and had Indian food! Fun! The fair was ok. Had a corndog, caramel apple elephant ear, some slushie. Rode some rides. Got kissed by a llama THREE times! His name was LeRoy and he had nasty breath. But he was such a ladie's man! On Tuesday we rode our bikes over the river for bbq pork nachos and beer. Hit the microbrewery a few times...it had been awhile! Actually got to use the pool too. It has been either rainy or too cool to use it lately. My Italian hippie shrink suggested lemon balm essential oil for me...so I went to the hippie store and got some...and bought some hippie food and hippie deodorant too. I love that place. Went to the gastro and I got lucky enough to schedule a top and bottom scope next month. I knew it was coming but I am NOT looking forward to it!. Tried some of Starbucks new frappuccino flavors...and was sooo disappointed! We had cocoa caramel cluster (which was pretty good), I had lemon bar (so watery and blah) and my FIVE year old daughter ate the whipped cream off of hers but HATED the cotton candy flavor...it was that bad. I should have just got mocha frappes from McDonalds. I don't care what anyone thinks...McCafe mochas/frappes/lattes blow Starbucks outta the water. Even their k-cup at home coffee is killer.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I'm a night shift nurse. Glad to find some other night shift workers
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Night shift workers?? *kitten* I'm just night owl.. Hoot hoot
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Well, being nigh owls was probably how most of eventually became night shifters...so how ya doin'?
  • JoeyTajzai
    Options
    I'm planning my next move on how I can take over the world, you?
  • jennifer_417
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm wondering why I have not been included is plan. I'm brilliant at world domination...I'm pretty sure.
  • JoeyTajzai
    Options
    I think maybe you can help me then.. So far I only have a pack of gum and a ruler, what can you bring to the table?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    *rummages around* Well, I have a stapler, a bottle of water...and some explosives. Would any of these be helpful?
  • JoeyTajzai
    Options
    Hmm.. You can keep the explosives and bottle of water.. I think we can probably do some serious damage with the stapler. Maybe using it as a gun from a distance. I don't know though if we should start forming with other or just take refuge in a Walmart.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    You can stand there and stare at me for as long as you'd like, lady...I still can't take a cash payment.

(Not my rule, though I totally agree with it!)
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    JoeyTajzai wrote: »
    Hmm.. You can keep the explosives and bottle of water.. I think we can probably do some serious damage with the stapler. Maybe using it as a gun from a distance. I don't know though if we should start forming with other or just take refuge in a Walmart.

Ok, sounds good. I think some of the cats around here would be pretty helpful.

• jennifer_417
    Options
    You can stand there and stare at me for as long as you'd like, lady...I still can't take a cash payment.

(Not my rule, though I totally agree with it!)

I wish we would adopt that rule!

That reminds me of the lady that pouted, (I mean literally leaned against my counter and stuck her lip out like a 6-year-old) when I couldn't give them a different room. Didn't say anything, just a woman in her 40s leaning there sticking her lip out.