Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    It is my Friday! Tater tot is going to gramma's tonight so....bike ride! (If it doesn't rain-It has been raining for weeks and weeks). I better ride long and hard because the county fair is this week! (Again, rain, please stop so we can go!) Speaking of processed junk food...one of my favorite foods...corn dogs! I only eat them once or twice a year when the fair comes but man, I love 'em...especially when they are the size of my arm. I'm not a hot dog person, maybe eat one or two a year at some kids' event or something...but slather that b@*#h in cornmeal batter and fry it...I'm so in. Caramel apples, taffy, lemon shake-ups, cotton candy, funnel cake...oh man...

Also, goats! I LOVE goats! I could spend allll daaaay with the goats. And alpacas. But especially goats. When a baby goat "aa-aa-aaahs" with that funny little tongue...I melt.

I also have my gastro appt this week...after the fair. Ish. That isn't going to look good if I have to divulge my diet the days prior. Also another shrink appt. This Italian hippie shrink fixed my fiance, his dad and his dad's gf's mom...we'll see if she can work her hippie magic on me now. I'm a tougher case than those 3 combined so I wish us luck...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    ereck44 wrote: »
    I struggle with food sabotage at work. Last night a co-worker brought in yogurt covered pretzels. I was pretty good but still ate about 8 or 10 pretzels. I had a little down time and that's when I weaken.
    Watching a crazy thunderstorm right now in Indy--it has been storming all night.

I kid my fiance about this kind of thing. He has never struggled with weight. I inform him when I'm eating better and to not let me slip. But if I say, "Let's get a pizza" or "Let's get some ice cream"...he always says ok! He just feels terrible about policing me...even if I ASK him to. Oh well...at least I get to eat pizza and he has loved me through thick and thin...and thick...and thin...and thick. lol

Silver lining! :laugh:

Now I want pizza..with sriracha on top...and ranch...
  • BodyByBex
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It is my Friday! Tater tot is going to gramma's tonight so....bike ride! (If it doesn't rain-It has been raining for weeks and weeks). I better ride long and hard because the county fair is this week! (Again, rain, please stop so we can go!) Speaking of processed junk food...one of my favorite foods...corn dogs! I only eat them once or twice a year when the fair comes but man, I love 'em...especially when they are the size of my arm. I'm not a hot dog person, maybe eat one or two a year at some kids' event or something...but slather that b@*#h in cornmeal batter and fry it...I'm so in. Caramel apples, taffy, lemon shake-ups, cotton candy, funnel cake...oh man...

Also, goats! I LOVE goats! I could spend allll daaaay with the goats. And alpacas. But especially goats. When a baby goat "aa-aa-aaahs" with that funny little tongue...I melt.

I also have my gastro appt this week...after the fair. Ish. That isn't going to look good if I have to divulge my diet the days prior. Also another shrink appt. This Italian hippie shrink fixed my fiance, his dad and his dad's gf's mom...we'll see if she can work her hippie magic on me now. I'm a tougher case than those 3 combined so I wish us luck...

I wish you bunches of luck with the 'hippie shrink' as well as with maintaining moderation with the fair foods.
    Our neighbor to the South has a bunch of goats that just had kids. My dog freaks out when they make noise. She goes, what I call, 'Full Batface.' Where her ears pop up and she looks just like a flying fox! :lol:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Well it has to beat watching a campus at night waiting for alarms to go off, that never go off or for people to do something wrong, when there are no people here. What the hell am I supposed to do all night? Enforce the rules on the deer?! :scream: [/quote]

I have a feeling deers' feeling towards rules are similiar to cats' feelings towards rules...
  • BodyByBex
    edited July 2015
    Options

I have a feeling deers' feeling towards rules are similiar to cats' feelings towards rules...

Something like this: *looks at you* *rolls eyes* *continues eating*
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Yay 12-hr shift! Wait...

I'm all for the overtime. I just wish I didn't have to actually sit here and earn it. :frowning:

I also expect to be picking up a shift on Thursday and I will be working another 12 hour shift on Saturday.

I know the feeling. I'm like, "Yay, extra hours!" Until I actually have to work them. Then I forget why I wanted to do it in the first place, until I get my paycheck. Rinse, repeat...

So much this.

Ps I miss yall over here on my slammed day shift/mommy routine. Hope everyone is doing well. Im gonna attempt to read a few of the (over 300!!! Holy cow.....) posts to the thread.

• LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have just over 2 hrs to go. My partner and I are watching cheesy scary 80's movies. It's awesome!

Im massively jealous. Yall get to watch stuff at your center? We cant have electronics out and the tvs in the room are to monitor the bldg and for news only.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    We do. My partner hooked up an HDMI cord so we can watch movies from his laptop. I'm very lucky!! And pizza is what I'm having for dinner, it's so damn good. I haven't had pizza in ages!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I have Cable, Internet and a boat load of movies on my computer in my office. Nothing out on the treatment floor.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I watch Netflix on my tablet.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    YouTube and books on Sgt. Sexy Pants' kindle. Keeps the brain going. just found out I'm getting close to 20 hours of overtime next week. Which is good because all the money I 'saved' I ended up spending... :cry:

My poor money management habits. But I figured out a solution for myself so when I get this overtime fluffed check it should be kind of nice.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It used to be if you worked a whole bunch of hours, you didn't have time to spend the money. Now thanks to Amazon, I can buy almost anything, right from my desk. :frowning:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    FYI - I am so wrapped around my daughters finger. My little pony comes up first on suggestions from Amazon. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    It used to be if you worked a whole bunch of hours, you didn't have time to spend the money. Now thanks to Amazon, I can buy almost anything, right from my desk. :frowning:

I KNOW! Ugh...then I don't even have time to use/play with the stuff I get because I work so much.

Seriously, if you come up to my gate in the middle of the night and try to tell me that you 'forgot your badge', yeah, no. It is the middle of the night and you are a gosh darn scientist, you KNOW the buildings are all locked and you need your badge to get in.

Don't balk when I tell you you need to go home and get it because I am NOT following you around all night to use my badge to get into places. No, I am not going to just loan you my badge while you're here either because I know I need my badge. :rage:

I'm probably going to hear about this from Dr. Dent but I've already sent an email to my Lieutenant so that hopefully will ease things. And it's my Friday!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    We're in the middle of a cad station update which is painful lol. Not so much for us but our guy doesn't have the admin password to our work stations. Oops!

And I have a love/hate relationship with Amazon. I'm trying to stay off of there today!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

I KNOW! Ugh...then I don't even have time to use/play with the stuff I get because I work so much.

Seriously, if you come up to my gate in the middle of the night and try to tell me that you 'forgot your badge', yeah, no. It is the middle of the night and you are a gosh darn scientist, you KNOW the buildings are all locked and you need your badge to get in.

Don't balk when I tell you you need to go home and get it because I am NOT following you around all night to use my badge to get into places. No, I am not going to just loan you my badge while you're here either because I know I need my badge. :rage:

I'm probably going to hear about this from Dr. Dent but I've already sent an email to my Lieutenant so that hopefully will ease things. And it's my Friday!

Duh! If you did let them in and they weren't who they were supposed to be it would be your job. You wouldn't ask them to give up their job. So why do they want you to risk your! Morons. :angry:
  • blondeinnj
    blondeinnj Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    What goes on here, is this for insomiacs?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    blondeinnj wrote: »
    What goes on here, is this for insomiacs?

Not really. We all work the nightshift in various areas. We got a vet, dispatchers, some cops, a night lab tech, nurses, train operator peoples, and of course the night security guards!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! That is both the blessing and curse of Amazon! And that 1-click key...let's just say I disabled mine. It should never be that easy to spend money!
  • Skinm4n
    Skinm4n Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm "working" 24-hr shift today, so I guess I will join in on the shenanigans B)