Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    It's a shame they won't even ask what she needs to make. Maybe it's a language barrier issue. See if she knows the difference between Y'all and All Y'all. If not, it may be a language barrier, not a pay barrier. :smile: Just kidding. :laugh:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I think I'll be experiencing the opposite of this. I work in IA, live in IL...cost of living is suuuuuper low here. We're thinking of moving west...I know wages are much higher but I also know cost of living increase is going to be shocking! Probably will feel like Chicago prices at first. (Priciest place we frequent) I guess it all evens out but we live in about the cheapest place to live...it will take some getting used to.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    How far west are you going? Montana has expensive housing but most everything else is cheaper than places I've been before. Water and power are VERY cheap here for now.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Well...California, Oregon or Colorado. Our buddy lives in Colorado Springs and he said it is comparable to where we currently are, cost wise...however if it was up to him...he wouldn't re-pick that exact city. We would be suburban so of course that is cheaper than the bigger cities. Housing prices are caaaa-razy to us. Not only do we live in Cheapsville...we bought our house at the bottom of the market, late 2009! We got our house for a song...it has increased value over 30k in 6 years...but the bad side...people are leaving IL...fast and by big numbers...we have 3 vacant houses on our little dead end street. We need to get out before prices start dropping...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    One of the things I like about this line of work is that I am assured, no matter where I live, that a job shouldn't be too difficult to get. Night Auditors, especially experienced ones, just aren't that easy to come by.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I missed a heck of a weekend!! :D

I'm hanging out waiting on a line of storms to come thru. What's everyone else up to?
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I missed a heck of a weekend!! :D

I'm hanging out waiting on a line of storms to come thru. What's everyone else up to?

Chilling, for now, drinking coffee, trying to wake up and tell myself to get my sorry butt back on the wagon.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I fell off this weekend too, no worries. Today is a new day (tomorrow?) I never know what day it is or what's today and what's tomorrow... #nightshiftproblems

And they brought donuts to the PD and I had one. I wasn't even hungry and ate one anyways.
  • kidcuba176
    kidcuba176 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Food is a drug, it's time we treat it as such. Addiction is addiction. Avoid relapse by not giving in.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I fell off this weekend too, no worries. Today is a new day (tomorrow?) I never know what day it is or what's today and what's tomorrow... #nightshiftproblems

And they brought donuts to the PD and I had one. I wasn't even hungry and ate one anyways.

Yeah. Talking to dayshifters makes it even more complicated.
    I'll start out, "Yeah, I should sleep pretty well tonight...er *dayshifter looks confused* uhm...tomorrow morn...ing? Whenever the eff it is I actually sleep. F*&K it!"
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    kidcuba176 wrote: »
    Food is a drug, it's time we treat it as such. Addiction is addiction. Avoid relapse by not giving in.

I feel this statement is promoting anorexia....not cool.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Thank goodness for a slow night tonight. I needed the break.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Thank goodness for a slow night tonight. I needed the break.

Heck yeah you did! Between the crazy people and the unhappy/hurting animals I would definitely feel drained.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    One of the things I like about this line of work is that I am assured, no matter where I live, that a job shouldn't be too difficult to get. Night Auditors, especially experienced ones, just aren't that easy to come by.

That is what I'm hoping for when we first move out there. I can throw on a wig, long sleeves and flip my septum ring up...I look normal, have years of experience and am willing to work nights...shouldn't be a problem!

• kidcuba176
    Options
    kidcuba176 wrote: »

I feel this statement is promoting anorexia....not cool.

Perception is just that. We can't give in to our negative cravings of processed junk foods.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

I've been on a cookie wagon. Made a batch of pre-cut pre-made Minion cookies with my kiddo. They were maybe half dollar size...my kid had a few...I ate THE REST! Two days later, I impulse buy Reese's PB Oreos...and eat 2/3 a package for dinner. At least the specialty flavors are smaller packs...I guess? And you know what the worst part is? I can't even TASTE things properly still! They taste sweet, but that's about it...

This is a wagon I need to fall off of...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

Yeah. Talking to dayshifters makes it even more complicated.
    I'll start out, "Yeah, I should sleep pretty well tonight...er *dayshifter looks confused* uhm...tomorrow morn...ing? Whenever the eff it is I actually sleep. F*&K it!"

Last night is yesterday afternoon, tonight is this afternoon, this weekend is Wed/Thu...I confuse myself sometimes!

• kidcuba176
    Options

I've been on a cookie wagon. Made a batch of pre-cut pre-made Minion cookies with my kiddo. They were maybe half dollar size...my kid had a few...I ate THE REST! Two days later, I impulse buy Reese's PB Oreos...and eat 2/3 a package for dinner. At least the specialty flavors are smaller packs...I guess? And you know what the worst part is? I can't even TASTE things properly still! They taste sweet, but that's about it...

This is a wagon I need to fall off of...

refer back to my original statement. It's hard but finally medicine has proven that good addiction is a disorder just like anything else. Addictions need to be broken. It's a matter of reprogramming your body and mind. Takes time but with discipline anything is possible. I used to crave cake and cookies and Cheetos, now i crave salmon, fresh fruit, and whole grains.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Don't feed the trolls...do NOT feed the trolls.... :rage:

It should be easy enough to find a job for you @Frankie_Felinius. You seem smart, experienced, willing to work nights, more than capable of handling the bullsmurf people throw at you.
    I would think most places would be pretty lenient when it comes to appearance nowadays. Especially if you're going to continue working nights.

@jennifer_417 What does a night auditor do exactly?
  • BodyByBex
    Options

One doughtnut is not going to kill everything. I mostly went WAY over on my calories. I've developed a taste for FRESH FRUIT SMOOTHIES lately which has caused me to go over on my calories. No loss to log this week.

Just goes to show that MODERATION in EVERYTHING is good and it is truly a CALORIE DEFICIT that leads to weight loss.

*chants mantra "Must NOT feed the trolls"*