Replies

• Scott7609
    Scott7609 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    38 add me if you like
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hiya, you can all add me too if you want to. I'm 44 with 80ish lbs to lose and I'm from the UK :) x
  • fxdt2scd
    fxdt2scd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am 48!
    Do i qualify?
    I'f love to be in a support group!!
  • jyoung92688
    jyoung92688 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. 44 yo, mom to 2, no problem motivating myself to exercise, it's the mindless eating/cleaning up kids' leftovers that gets me. Used to be at goal weight, but messed it up last Christmas. Still "trying" to get that off - 10lbs worth. Would love a friend to help me stay accountable and keep me tracking.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Mid 40s (how did THAT happen?) - have loads left to lose. Add me if you want to.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Hi there ...I am 44...you are more than welcome to add me ....wishing everyone much success :)
  • joykgaines
    joykgaines Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with Mindless eating. I am not even hungry for some meals bc I grazed while making it. I am a stay at home mom and find myself in kitchen preparing food a lot. It is hard not to pop small mites here and there. I would love some advice.
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 ( 45.in November) newly seperated and at goal. On mfp over a year and definitely was the great friends on here that helped me reach this point. Have a small but really supportive friends list. I like to interact with my friends, give encouragement, good banter, and if you fit this bill add me!
  • littlemissorange
    littlemissorange Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    New here, how do you add ?
  • MelissaLisaKightCannon
    Options
    Hi, I've been using MFP for a couple of months. It's been a good tool for me in tracking my food and exercise. I turned 50 this year. I need to lose well over 100 lbs. I've been considering bypass surgery for 2 years and I'm in the preparation stage. I need one more of the 3 required approvals. But, even with the surgery a lifestyle change is the key. I'm just starting to add friends and enjoy the interaction.
  • MickCraig69
    MickCraig69 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not new to MFP but I'm hoping to contact with some women and men over 40 for support and encouragement. I have around 50 more pounds to lose. I just find the support and friendship I find on here so helpful. Let's encourage each other.

Dore

• MickCraig69
    MickCraig69 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mid 40s looking for friends n support add me
  • robper13
    robper13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like, i'm 53.
  • pinkys008
    pinkys008 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'd like a few new friends to fill in where others have drifted off. Please add me!
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    Here's my dumb question for the day: What is the benefit of "adding" someone? Is it like Facebook?

(Today is my first day here so I know nothing. I promise not to ask another dumb question until tomorrow.)

Actually, you’re allowed three dumb questions a day for your first two weeks, so you’re good.

It’s not a dumb question, by adding likeminded people with common goals you can motivate each other, ask questions, and see what others are doing to reach their goals.

So see you still have three stupid questions for the day.
    ;-)
    V/r,
    DW

This wins the award for most hilarious post of the day!! Bravo!

@liljen69, we also give out completely meaningless imaginary awards too!
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and wanted to have a forum for over 40..it is much harder for women like us to lose weight due to pre-menopause and menopause..Please feel free to talk to me whenever you need...:flowerforyou:

Oh sure excluding out us men now!!! Haha
  • Kazzykinsj67
    Kazzykinsj67 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Late 40's...nice to meet you all. Kaz uk
  • amwthomas
    amwthomas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me--new to the forums & over 40...goal is to lose 50 lbs...
  • april738
    april738 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 63. I need to lose 30 to 50 lbs.
  • bacs
    bacs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 45 and started out with 65 lbs to lose. I'm down 20 and not giving up. Feel free to add me if you need support, I try and log daily.