I've never seen a persons daily meal include junk food.

Options

Replies

• ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    entwife wrote: »
    Body scans - mentally scan myself from head to toe and ask which bit of my body really wants this food?
    Oh, this is kinda neat; hadn't thought of it before. I eat/log lots of junk food when I am off track. When I am on track, I save the cals for "eating out".
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    What's junk food.

I generally have pizza once a week, subway twice a week. Sushi once if that counts.

I normally have some chips or lollies for a bit of an after dinner snack. 100-200calories I think.

• thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    My entire diary would be considered junk food by some as I'm on Diet Chef for a couple of months.
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Mine sure does! Feel free to check it out. Plenty of cookies, chocolate and even McDonalds.
  • adawson55510
    adawson55510 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have a kfc/mcdonalds/chinese post workout which is 6 days a week but only when i'm trying to add weight not when dieting 5800kcal yesterday today is rest day so i wont eat junk and kcals will be lower
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I include it when I have it. If you look at my food diary now though in comparison to when I started on this site I tend to have it a lot less.
    I'm here about 2 months and like that couldn't stand the idea of cutting out what I liked. However when I started to learn about what foods contain what calories I've been making better decisions and therefore less junk.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I love junk food. I look at a lot of open diaries and people do it. Those are the people I friend. lol If I don't eat what I like the I end up over eating I bunch of stuff that I did not want and feel terrible afterwards. As long as it fits within your daily calories Enjoy what you like.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I don't find labels like "junk", "good/bad", "clean" to be particularly helpful when referring to my diet. I eat some of the foods I enjoy every day, this includes pizza, wine, ice cream, fast food. I just don't have all of them every single day. Except wine.

I think what you might also be missing OP is that when people say they eat these foods all the time, they mean in moderation, and in context of a primarily nutrient dense diet. Rarely do you find a person who eats a diet of all "junk", as often as that straw man argument of "sure you can eat nothing but Doritos and lose weight" comes up...

Oh and anecdotally I lost my 30 lbs eating the foods I like, in moderation, and am currently maintaining within my goal weight range. I think my diary is open.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    ohmscheeks wrote: »
    entwife wrote: »
    Body scans - mentally scan myself from head to toe and ask which bit of my body really wants this food?
    Oh, this is kinda neat; hadn't thought of it before. I eat/log lots of junk food when I am off track. When I am on track, I save the cals for "eating out".

I don't get it tbh

so does my left elbow want a snickers? No? What about you right elbow?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    My diary has a chocolate bar in it almost every night...it did last night and a whoopie pie too.
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    Hi, i too eat junk. I think the reason a lot of people have been successful in their weightloss is because they are honest and log everything they eat. I do like the occasional treat, and some weeks, i have more than others. I buy stuff in quantity control. For instance if i want chocolate, i buy small packages ( like you get for halloween) and i put it in a container in the fridge. When i want some, it is portioned controlled , so i can have two boxes of smarties for 90 calories or two small chocolate bars for 120. I suck on it and eat it slowly, and get it out of my system, log it and move on. The biggest trick i think, is to not go back for more. Thats something that has to be under control before you can have it in the house. But ya, i eat it, and i log it. Hamburgers, pizza, chocolate, icecream, just in moderation!!! Ive lost 81 pounds, so i know it can be done! Good luck!
  • herculean1982
    herculean1982 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    klrenn wrote: »
    I renamed one of my meals "alcohol"

I did the exact same thing it's made me pretty mindful of what I consume!

Yeah I log everything that goes into my big gob and that frequently includes junk for better or worse!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I don't find labels like "junk", "good/bad", "clean" to be particularly helpful when referring to my diet. I eat some of the foods I enjoy every day, this includes pizza, wine, ice cream, fast food. I just don't have all of them every single day. Except wine.

I think what you might also be missing OP is that when people say they eat these foods all the time, they mean in moderation, and in context of a primarily nutrient dense diet. Rarely do you find a person who eats a diet of all "junk", as often as that straw man argument of "sure you can eat nothing but Doritos and lose weight" comes up...

Oh and anecdotally I lost my 30 lbs eating the foods I like, in moderation, and am currently maintaining within my goal weight range. I think my diary is open.

+1
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I logged a Dairy Queen butterscotch sundae yesterday. The day before that, I logged red wine. I make room for all foods that I want or like.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I haven't changed the types of food I eat at all, only the quantities. This week alone I've had lots of what some would consider 'junk' - danish pastries, peanut cookies, jaffa cake bars - and I've been losing steadily for four months. I also eat pizza, curry, chinese takeaway....if I can plan for it, I'll eat it. I also really like salad and veggies etc. I tend to pre-log what I expect to eat during the day and then tweak it as I go along if I need to - keeps me aware. If I wake up thinking that I NEED coffee and danish for breakfast, I can usually work around it.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i have ice cream nearly every night. and it gets logged. and chocolate at work. and donuts for breakfast.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Chips, cookies, etc. are not available with my own calorie goals, but of course, once in awhile, I've indulged. I also don't lose weight that way.

I just can't afford those dead calories on this diet. I don't have that wiggle room that some people have. Every bite needs to be really decent food to lose weight in my own case.

I remind myself that I have only " " lbs to go till I hit my goal. On maintenance, I'm sure I'll be able to work some treats back into life. That usually does the trick.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    This is pretty typical, except I ran out of ice cream and had to substitute.

zcmxo8ryq5vi.png
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I have some junk most days! Yesterday I had one Oreo, an ice cream cone and a croissant (I ate at maintenance though). The day before was a toaster streudel and a caramel pudding.. still kept a deficit. Usually I try to limit it to 200-300 calories a day though or I get too hungry.

I've lost 80 pounds and have maintained that loss for more than a year.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My "favorite & frequent" fast food meals are preset under "meals". That way I don't get ribbed by my real life friends :wink: I ate a half a bag of Doritos one night for dinner...lol...and one of my MFP friends commented that she liked my dinner choice ........it happens :smile: