CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    For those of you following Chris Powell.... Did you know he has an App ? Check it out !
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    For those of you following Chris Powell.... Did you know he has an App ? Check it out !

I used to have the vemma bode app on my phone but I didn't like the meal plans so I deleted it.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    45 net carbs today....felt the lower carb day in my workout....I was tired !!!
  • AmberBelandria
    AmberBelandria Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get my book and read all about this diet.
  • AmberBelandria
    Options
    When you started your diet did the weight and inches fall off easy or did it seem to take a bit before noticing a difference?
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    For me, I had a significant loss the first week....be it water or what, I was happy because the next week I was down another pound....from that point on it's been 1-2 pounds consistently. I also walk and do Jilliam michaels 30 day shred...although I'm seeing some different curves and strength/ endurance gains, my measurements did not change the first month. I have to admit I was disappointed with this, but continue to work on it. I have about 90 pounds to lose....
  • pwrfl1
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Correction I now have 89 till goal! I just weighed in lol.... But seriously the number is not near as important to me as my size....started at a 22. Goal would be 14 or less....I'm 5'8 lg frame
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    When you started your diet did the weight and inches fall off easy or did it seem to take a bit before noticing a difference?

It's been slower for me- about a 1 lb. loss per week most weeks- but I'm doing this for more of a true long-term lifestyle change versus a quick weight loss solution. And my actual body composition and overall "look" has changed dramatically since I'm doing a strength training program along with the carb cycling. I do weight training 4 days a week + cardio and then cardio/power yoga/group fitness classes the other 3 days.
  • AmberBelandria
    Options
    pwrfl1 i have 50 to lose and for me its more about the number going down. My husband and i are going to try to have a baby but i do not want to get pregnant and put weight on top of weight. I have had two ectopic pregnancies so far and I don't know if weight has anything to do with it but I am not trying again until i lose weight.
  • AmberBelandria
    Options
    I work 12 hour days with a 40 minute drive to and from work. I dispatch so I sit during my shift. Its hard to get motivated to go to the gym but i am going to try plus the carb cycling.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Laura - I will be changing over to strength training as well...good to know that it still shows up on the scale !!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Amber - I totally understand it's about those 50 pounds....my feelings pretty much go up and down with my scale numbers....some days I'm super excited cuz scale went down, and when it stalls I get pissy....especially if I don't see a change in the mirror! I think it's wonderful that you are working on losing before getting pregnant ....you certainly will be loads healthier as you adopt this lifestyle!!!! One recurrent theme I've been reading on these threads is that your nutrition dictates your scale....your workouts change your shape and cardio endurance.....this month I'm working hard to control my nutrition , calorie deficit, instead of using my workouts as the deficit. Does that make sense ? Anyway, every person is different, you will need to adjust until you find your sweet spot! :)
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    g7gx64wanciy.jpg
  • pwrfl1
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Megan, Tiff, DB ! Miss seeing your smiling posts around here ! Hope all is well in your world .
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    Megan, Tiff, DB ! Miss seeing your smiling posts around here ! Hope all is well in your world .

I'm doing good. Just taking one day at a time and trying to do the best I can :smile:
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Good to see you Tiff ! Glad it's going well
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I am doing better today than I have been ...Sorry I haven't been around much ....Glad to see everyone else is doing great ...Keep up the great work :)
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    I am doing better today than I have been ...Sorry I haven't been around much ....Glad to see everyone else is doing great ...Keep up the great work :)
    . Good to see you on the upswing !!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sue :)