CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcome Newbies! I'll post links to the pinterest boards for those who are interested.
    Check this out on Pinterest. CARB CYCLING-HIGH CARB RECIPES - www.pinterest.com/db8688/carb-cycling-high-carb-recipes/?s=3&m=messenger
  • Db8688
    Options
    Check this out on Pinterest. CARB CYCLING-LOW CARB RECIPES - www.pinterest.com/db8688/carb-cycling-low-carb-recipes/?s=3&m=messenger
  • Db8688
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »
    Check this out on Pinterest. CARB CYCLING-LOW CARB RECIPES - www.pinterest.com/db8688/carb-cycling-low-carb-recipes
  • saitiffeh
    saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »
    Welcome Newbies! I'll post links to the pinterest boards for those who are interested.
    Check this out on Pinterest. CARB CYCLING-HIGH CARB RECIPES - www.pinterest.com/db8688/carb-cycling-high-carb-recipes/?s=3&m=messenger

Thanks!
  • mommy8431
    mommy8431 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Need some encouragement. Yesterday my husband and I went a little crazy with our carbs, being that it was our high carb day. Now today, my body wants to eat carbs so bad, and I'm tempted to give in. Any tips to help me not give in?
  • Db8688
    Options
    Have you tried eating a tableapoon of nut butter and waiting 15 mins? It helpwd me for a bit but I too am craving carbs. I would love to eat an apple right about now! Im sipping stevia sweetened black ice tea instead.
  • Db8688
    Options
    Wondering about net carbs. Adkins subtracts fiber feom carbs to get net carbs. Just wondering if that's an accurate or true formula. It could be a nice thing on the low carb days. My fav Quest bar has 22 carbs and 16. Fiber.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I always just count the net carbs since the fiber slows the release of glucose into your system so your body doesn't treat the meal as high carb.
  • Db8688
    Options
    saitiffeh wrote: »
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    If it makes you feel better I'm not big on veggies either. Sometimes I even skip them (I know it's bad). I usually can do salsa, and I like veggies I don't have to chop like mushrooms since I'm lazy Lol!

I have found I can stand things like brocolli more if they are boiled... but not to boiled, you know? I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow and will bring home some zucchini I think and aspagarus... maybe cook them with some olive oil and spices and give it a shot. I have found some other really great ideas and recipes too. I will take a few days to make my food plan and then attempt carb cycling.

It's funny, my 7 year old teases me for being picky!

I don't like a wide variety of veggies. I tend to eat one kind over and over until I'm tired of it and then might not eat it again for months. Using spices is a great way to add variety. I discovered I like steamed Italian green beans (the kind that you steam in the bag) mixed with Franks Buffalo wing sauce and diced grilled chicken breast (I also buy this precooked and frozen. I mix it by running a knife and fork through it. This releases and mixes all the flavors. I also do this when I make a salad. Grill Mates Kickin Chicken and Montreal steak seasoning are other good options.
  • Db8688
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    I always just count the net carbs since the fiber slows the release of glucose into your system so your body doesn't treat the meal as high carb.

Thanks! That makes sense to me! :)
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    When I get really hungry , I binge on..... More protein and a little fat ! I think this goes back to when I tried Atkins years ago, we could eat unlimited amounts .....I figure if I had another small meal of protein, it's not going to be real crazy in the calorie department.... And protein curbs hunger. I usually grab a couple more boiled eggs, or roll up deli slices around a pickle or cheese stick, or have a protein shake.... All for about an extra 100-150 calories.
    I too find that after my high carb day, it's extremely difficult to bounce back to low carb...like EXTREMELY. difficult !
  • Db8688
    Options
    Thanks pwrfl1! I'll try the proteinwith a little fat next time. I also figured if I use the net carb formula then some of the lower calorie quest. Or other protein bar will qualify as an acceptable choice when the cravings get too difficult to ignore.
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    I use my quest bars as a protein on both high and low carb days. They only have about 3 net carbs and 20 g of protein so it's a tastier option for me vs eating a chicken breast.
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I use Questbars as meal replacements on both my high and low carb days too. I just try to keep them to my meals that are earlier in the day since I avoid carbs in the evening on both types of days.

Thankfully I haven't had a SUPER crazy craving for carbs on my low days yet (knock on wood). I usually just notice that I'm a bit more irritable and I have a Mio slushie or some fun flavored gum if I'm craving something in between meals.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Laura - love the gum flavors!
  • Db8688
    Options
    So it seems like I feel "bad" on my high carb days. I don't seem to have as much energy and struggle through my workouts. I can't decide if I'm backwards or if It's because I didn't have many carbs the previous day.

• tiffkittyw
    Options
    I think it's due to lack of carbs the previous day for me. Yesterday I ate very little and low carb and I could not lift as much weight as usual this morning at the gym. It could also be because it was Monday at 5am, but who knows
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    I've heard of sme people feeling depleted more on the high cab day than on the low.... Your body is cnfused, so at first nothing or everything feels different!
  • Db8688
    Options
    That makes sense too!
  • Db8688
    Options
    I was reviewing Choose to Lose again and thinking about how I really don't care for most grains (Oatmeal is the exception.) and then I realized. I don't HAVE to eat grain on high carb days! DUH! FRUIT! I can eat fruit from the list on my high carb days! I kept thinking I shouldn't be eating much fruit because of the sugar and got all confused! LOL I feel better already!