CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    DB. It took me awhile to figure out fruits role in all this too.... And I was eating it on the wrong days .... Although I don't think it hurt me too much on the scale. Happy to see your loss this week..you are doing beautiful !!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    So yesterday my husband introduces me to this funky deli/ bakery in his home town... I'm starving, and what's on the menu ? Anything BUT low carb... I was thinking it would be like sub sandwiches or the like.... I ended up getting a Mexican sampler, thinking the tortillas would be slightly better than the meat encased by fluffy homemade dough ( aka Stromboli ). Sometimes you just have to hope that the lower calories for the day, is enough to keep the scale from creeping up.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    September Goal Check In !!! How is everyone doing? We have 8 days left in the month - I know for me, it's time to focus in and get tighter on my diet...workouts are on track, and I'm shooting for a few more pounds to be gone !
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    So far I'm at 6 lbs lost, and I did a mid week check and as of today I lost another 1/2 lb. I am on track to lose at least 1lb this week for a total of 7. I'll see if my size 14 jeans are any looser this Friday at work. I wear them every 2 weeks so we'll see. Although, I think my weight has not come off my lower half yet so there might not be a change.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Tiffany - Fantastic job on losing 6 + pounds this month ! Love the idea of using your jeans for another marker of your success! Good work !!!
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Thanks Sue!
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Im still in shock that I've lost 2LBS in a week. If I can keep at it I should hit my goal bt 12/14. This week's hurdle is the new burger placedo wn the street. Plan is to go for the meat and skip the bread and potatoes. Work outs are on track.
  • Db8688
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    So far I'm at 6 lbs lost, and I did a mid week check and as of today I lost another 1/2 lb. I am on track to lose at least 1lb this week for a total of 7. I'll see if my size 14 jeans are any looser this Friday at work. I wear them every 2 weeks so we'll see. Although, I think my weight has not come off my lower half yet so there might not be a change.

That's awesome tiff!
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Thanks DB
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »
    Im still in shock that I've lost 2LBS in a week. If I can keep at it I should hit my goal bt 12/14. This week's hurdle is the new burger placedo wn the street. Plan is to go for the meat and skip the bread and potatoes. Work outs are on track.
    Fantastic job DB ! Keep going and you will be at your goal soon enough !

• Db8688
    Options
    Paying attention to how the different cycles affect me. Keeping in mind that these different feelings mean my body is still guessing and hopefully the fat is burning! Really want to increase my muscle mass and reduce the body fat.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    saitiffeh wrote: »
    Sorry to intrude ladies but this carb cycling sounds interesting. Do you have any resources I should check out?

Chris powells choose more lose more for life book. Thers a website you can google chris powell and carb cycling it will bring up alot.
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people and amazing job Tiffany and DB! I love reading through everyone's personal successes on here. It really keeps me motivated to stay on track with my own goals. :smile:

As far as September goals go, I've been doing pretty good with weight loss but not as good as I hoped with cutting back on my crazy amounts of gum haha. Overall I feel amazing though. This week has been a particularly stressful one with work and with having my much younger sister stay with us while my parents are on vacation, but I've stuck to my meal plan and haven't missed a workout. And I've had more coworkers, friends and family stop me to tell me how amazing I look this week than ever before, so that's always a nice pick-me-up.

Ready to end this month on a strong high note and get amped up to conquer the Halloween candy temptations for next month!
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Thanks Laura, it sounds like you are doing great!
  • Db8688
    Options
    We had box dinners from Jason's Deli after the race. I had ordered my meal weeks before the race. Turkey and spinach wrap with peanut butter cookie and fruit cup. I literally unfolded the wrap and ate all the turkey. I brought the fruit and cookie home to my daughter.Low carb days are easier for me because I love meat!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Laura - It's pretty neat when coworkers notice....that is a fantastic NSV ! Great work keeping up your nutrition and workouts....now, You just need need to blow your last bubble and walk away from that gum pack . Lol
  • pwrfl1
    edited September 2015
    Options
    DB- Nice job sticking to your low carb day after your race ! Even taking the cookie home without temptation is wonderful ! Pretty sure I may have taken a bite of it in the car ! Lol
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Angel, Saitiffeh, Liza, Kamilla, Jill .... Hope the carb gods are treating you well!

• pwrfl1
    Options
    Megan - I'm impressed that you get up at 4 to workout ! Good on You Girl ! Hope the homeschooling is going well !
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    Megan - I'm impressed that you get up at 4 to workout ! Good on You Girl ! Hope the homeschooling is going well !

Thanks Sue....The homeschooling is going well thanks :)