CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Sue I guess if I had abs like that Id be looking dor ways to show them off too. Lol. I would say he's also a good exanple of what the phrase. "Results not typical " means. Unless you have the right genetic makeup it takes an awful lot of rigid training and strict dietary discipline to get those types of results.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm not a quitter so I will stick with it :smile:
  • Db8688
    Options
    Today is a low carb day. We are going to be dining at Mellow Mushroom this evening. I'm not a huge pizza eater, however, I do really really enjoy the Maui Wowie Pizza! Pesto base with ham, pineapple, jerk chicken, banana peppers, Applewood smoked bacon & mozzarella cheese. Biggest threat is probably the crust so tonight I'll be scraping my pizza off the crust and eating it with a fork. *Always plan how to conquer your next hurdle before you get to it. :wink: Happy Friday!
  • Db8688
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    zg4k9nnusbed.jpg

HAD TO BORROW THIS ONE! THANKS FOR SHARING! :)
  • mommy8431
    mommy8431 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Kamilla and it's my first week carb cycling. My goals for this month are to exercise at least 30 min/5x per week, drink at least half my body weight of water, and to find low carb recipes. Happy cycling! Happy Friday!
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Welcome Kamilla !! We are glad you found us !! What days are your high and low days ? Feel free to jump right in with whatever is on your mind here. You'll find us to be a highly supportive group !!
    Sue
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    DB are you really going to scrap off your pizza toppings ?
  • Db8688
    Options
    Hi Kamilla and Welcome! I've really been focusing on getting 1/2 my body weight in water as well. I can't do 10 gulps yet but I can manage 5 through a straw. So far it's working out well! We have boards on pinterest with recipes too. :)
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kamilla ....for people who don't like plain water try adding berries, orange slices , cucumber , lemon slices or lime slices ...also if you drink coffee or tea that also counts as water ....Wishing everyone much success ... have a great weekend and lets kill it next week :)
  • Db8688
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    DB are you really going to scrap off your pizza toppings ?

YES! LOL but I'm eating them and leaving the crust. The toppings are mostly meat and fat. I thought about asking if they could make one without the crust but decided not to complicate things and just work with what they bring me. The next hurdle will be keeping my serving size down. I've been waiting for this pizza for two weeks. :D

• Db8688
    Options
    Hope you have a great weekend too ms_smartypants!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »
    Hope you have a great weekend too ms_smartypants!

Thanks Db :smile:
  • Db8688
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »
    Today is a low carb day. We are going to be dining at Mellow Mushroom this evening. I'm not a huge pizza eater, however, I do really really enjoy the Maui Wowie Pizza! Pesto base with ham, pineapple, jerk chicken, banana peppers, Applewood smoked bacon & mozzarella cheese. Biggest threat is probably the crust so tonight I'll be scraping my pizza off the crust and eating it with a fork. *Always plan how to conquer your next hurdle before you get to it. :wink: Happy Friday!

Found the MM site nutrition info and plugged in my fav pizza w/o the dough -

h24uhjn55oa6.png

• mommy8431
    mommy8431 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the awesome welcome everybody! Our low carb days fall on Sunday, Tuesday Thursday and Saturdays and high carbs days are Monday Wednesday Friday. We like to do three reward meals throughout the week which helps us stay on track.
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Wow DB I could not resist pizza! You are stronger than I am. That's why for tonight's dinner I'm having my crock pot pizza chicken recipie from
    Pinterest. Welcome to the group Kamilla! Everyone have a great weekend :smile: I am looking forward to my reward meal tomorrow.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    Well at 17 days into my program I haven't noticed any changes in how my clothes fit. I will hang in there though. I know it takes time.
    well id think of it like this... after gaining how long did it take you to notice? Its not always so apparent. But after you lose your first 10 to 20 you will notice. Around the 3 month mark I saw a big difference. Now im at the 7 month mark its visually noticable to others abd clothes are very loose now. Also this loose clothing thing can be helped by certain exercise. Like I did p90x for 6 weeks and definitely my clothes got loose.

• tiffkittyw
    Options
    Very true, I didn't notice I was getting so big until my pants didn't fit anymore. I am only 3 weeks in now so I've got a ways until the 3 month mark. Hopefully by Christmas I'll be in a smaller size.
  • Db8688
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    Wow DB I could not resist pizza! You are stronger than I am. That's why for tonight's dinner I'm having my crock pot pizza chicken recipie from
    Pinterest. Welcome to the group Kamilla! Everyone have a great weekend :smile: I am looking forward to my reward meal tomorrow.

I brought the naked pizza crust home in a to go box. I had two slices for my second meal today since this is my free day. I just couldn't bear to throw it out! (That's me....waste nothing....) :smiley:
  • Db8688
    Options
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    I'm glad you got to enjoy the pizza crust today DB!