CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Morning Peeps ! It's a glorious day out there! Hope everyone is doing well ! Remember: You have the determination to get healthy- one day at a time !!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Sue ....doing well here ....I hope you are doing well too :)
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am about to start carb cycling and sure could use some friends who are on the same path :-D
  • ms_smartypants
    Options
    Welcome to the group Jen ...Feel free to add me :) Wishing you much success
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    How is everyone's clothes fitting ? Any NSV to report ????

Bra - having to hook on first set instead of 2nd or 3rd. Walmart had a lot of workout clothes on sale this weekend! Went to two locations. Bought tops and bottoms for $1-$7 including sports bras. I finally have enough workout clothes!

New Goal: Stop having a weekend full of cheat days! Last weekend wasn't too bad but this weekend wasn't too good. I'm so tired of derailing my progress in a manner of two or three days.

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I had a question I had asked elsewhere with little or no sensible response or advice. I'm not quite sure if this is carb cycling or carb re-feeding... Looking at some of the posts the 2 approaches seem to be mentioned in the thread. Anyway here is my question related to carb cycling; if you are reducing your carbs "by say" hundred calories per day for a four-day period and then have a higher carb day or a re-feed with 400 cals in addition to the norm.. Is this just cancelling out your gains (gains is probably the wrong word) or on your high carb day/re-feed a due increase your calories for carbs but still maintain an overall deficit?

PS, was just using this method is an example.. I'm very well aware of varying carbs low medium and high and also extending for longer periods before re-feeding. I was just looking for an answer on the overall calorific intake if that makes sense
    I think I know what you ate saying on free day I eat 2100 but on high carb days I eat 15 to 1600 and low carb days 12 to 1400 its generally 3 to 400 more cals on refeeds to restore glycogen stores from carbs.

Eating at a different calorie level is a way to confuse the body. And it counts towards your deficit because on non refeeds you are in a big deficit.

The carb refeeds are from traditional carb and calorie cycling or carb loading you can google them. Those are a little different and usually within set amounts of time to eat your proteins carbs etc. i think one was called reverse carb loading or reverse carb cycling or something.
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Hi there! Im doing good. Had some ice cream afterwork moments but overall not that bad. I am doing beginner shred week 1 day 6. I really like lt:)
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Hi there! Im doing good. Had some ice cream afterwork moments but overall not that bad. I am doing beginner shred week 1 day 6. I really like lt:)
    I Shred too.... Will be starting a new month October 1!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    I had a question I had asked elsewhere with little or no sensible response or advice. I'm not quite sure if this is carb cycling or carb re-feeding... Looking at some of the posts the 2 approaches seem to be mentioned in the thread. Anyway here is my question related to carb cycling; if you are reducing your carbs "by say" hundred calories per day for a four-day period and then have a higher carb day or a re-feed with 400 cals in addition to the norm.. Is this just cancelling out your gains (gains is probably the wrong word) or on your high carb day/re-feed a due increase your calories for carbs but still maintain an overall deficit?

PS, was just using this method is an example.. I'm very well aware of varying carbs low medium and high and also extending for longer periods before re-feeding. I was just looking for an answer on the overall calorific intake if that makes sense
    I think I know what you ate saying on free day I eat 2100 but on high carb days I eat 15 to 1600 and low carb days 12 to 1400 its generally 3 to 400 more cals on refeeds to restore glycogen stores from carbs.

Eating at a different calorie level is a way to confuse the body. And it counts towards your deficit because on non refeeds you are in a big deficit.

The carb refeeds are from traditional carb and calorie cycling or carb loading you can google them. Those are a little different and usually within set amounts of time to eat your proteins carbs etc. i think one was called reverse carb loading or reverse carb cycling or something.
    Great answer ! Thank you !
  • mommy8431
    mommy8431 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    How is everyone's clothes fitting ? Any NSV to report ????

Bra - having to hook on first set instead of 2nd or 3rd. Walmart had a lot of workout clothes on sale this weekend! Went to two locations. Bought tops and bottoms for $1-$7 including sports bras. I finally have enough workout clothes!

New Goal: Stop having a weekend full of cheat days! Last weekend wasn't too bad but this weekend wasn't too good. I'm so tired of derailing my progress in a manner of two or three days.
    My pants and shirts are fitting loosely, which is a good sign. My new goal would include a better game plan for when we're out especially since we have a lot of parties coming up.

• SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm with you DB- even though I'm only supposed to have one cheat meal per week, I feel like it starts to spill over into other parts of my weekend. Or I go so crazy over-the-top with my cheat meal that I feel sick over it for the next several days. It's just not worth it. I hate cheat meal guilt. :/

It's my husband's birthday this weekend and I'm going to TRY super hard to keep my cheat meal at a reasonable level for his party...
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    If anyone has the time, and would not mind, could you look at my diary entry today? Any suggestions would be helpful, I am trying to dial this in, and wrap my mind around it.
  • Db8688
    Options
    JenCOPD wrote: »
    If anyone has the time, and would not mind, could you look at my diary entry today? Any suggestions would be helpful, I am trying to dial this in, and wrap my mind around it.

If today was a low carb day it looked pretty good in my opinion. If you are accurately tracking your water you came in low. You should aim for 1/2 your body weight in ounces up to a gallon each day but plain coffee and tea can also count towards this goal.

• Db8688
    Options
    Here's my cheat note for low carb days. I don't hit this exactly but if gives me a guideline.
    LOW CARB DAY
    A low-carb day will call for about .5 grams of carbohydrate per pound of body weight. Your protein intake will usually increase to about 1.5 grams per pound, and your fat intake to around .35 grams per pound.
  • firstlaydee2003
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this what is carb cycling
  • Db8688
    Options

It's my husband's birthday this weekend and I'm going to trY super hard to ketmy cheat meal at a reasonable level for his party...[/quote]

My birthday is Sunday! :smile: I'm also spending some time at the beach to celebrate so next week will be a challenge. We'll be eating out almost every day. My goal is to keep cycling even if it's a modified version. I also plan to be more acrive since I won't be stuck behind a desk all day.
  • Db8688
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this what is carb cycling

Hi! Some of us follow Chris Powells plan (Choose to Lose). But you can also find info on sites like bodybuilding.com. The basics are you eat protein, healthy fats and low carb on one day and then protein, very low fat and high carb on the next day. It's a flexible eating lifestyle that keeps your metabolism going.
  • ms_smartypants
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »
    Here's my cheat note for low carb days. I don't hit this exactly but if gives me a guideline.
    LOW CARB DAY
    A low-carb day will call for about .5 grams of carbohydrate per pound of body weight. Your protein intake will usually increase to about 1.5 grams per pound, and your fat intake to around .35 grams per pound.

According to the book carb cycling the recipe and diet book by Jesse Morgan ...she mentions MFP and she breaks down how to get the grams for low and high carb

Low Carb day 20% of calories from carbs=400 calories .....50% of calories from Protein =1000 calories...30% of calories from fats = 600 grams

High Carb day 45% of calories from carbs=900 calories ....40% of calories from Protein=800 calories 15% of calories from fats= 300 calories

Next convert those calories into grams , for protein and carbs divide calories by 4, for fat divide by 9

Here is what that would look like for a 2,000 calorie diet.. LOW CARB DAY: 20% of calories from carbs=100 grams ...50% of calories from protein =250 grams ....30% of calories from fats=67 grams
    HIGH-CARB DAY 45% of calories from carbs =225 grams...40% of calories from protein=200 grams ...15% of calories from fats=33grams

Here it is in one straight line equation for the low carb day, 2000 x .20 divide by 4=100 grams carbs
    2000 x .50 divided by 4 =250 grams protein ....2000 x .30 divided by 9= 67 grams of fat

I hope that makes sense and helps ...this is how I set up my grams on here and I change daily from high carb to low carb

Happy early b-day DB ...my daughter's is Oct 5th she will be 10 UGH lol
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    So someone was adking about carb cycling andI directed to this thread and got a wwarning! :'(
  • Db8688
    Options
    Thanks ms_smartypants! I haven't read the book by JM yet but have it on my list. I'm going to share her breakdown with my adult daughter. Her doctor has advised her to cut back on her carbs in an effort to shed weight.