CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    Ok everyone I went and added all of my low carb recipes on the low carb Pinterest board. I have my crock pot chicken tacos recipe for the high carb board but you need to add me to it :smile:

I just checked the high carb board and it shows you're there. If you can't post I'll delete and re-invite you.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I was able to post to both boards. Thanks DB!
  • Db8688
    Options
    You're welcome! Thank you for adding some great options! Keeping meals interesting is key to sticking with the cycling lifestyle! :smiley:
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    I agree DB! I usually make the same meals over and over since they are quick and easy, but I'm looking forward to seeing if anyone else posts some quick and easy recipes I'm capable of cooking. I am not patient enough to cook elaborate meals.
  • Db8688
    Options
    Me too! Since I no longer have to cook for several people, my favorite meal is a bag of frozen veggies and some precooked chicken breast. I'm done in 10 mins tops with no big mess to clean! With cooler weather coming crock pot recipes will be good too!
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Laura !!! What a fabulous NSV you had with your dress pants !!! That's really what it's all about- fitting into smaller clothes. It will be exciting to hear how many sizes you actually have dropped after your next shopping trip !!! WAY TO GO !

Tiff and DB - A big THANK YOU. For getting the Pinterest boards up .... I loved looking through the recipes, you guys are AWESOME !

Megan - I'm glad that your back pain is getting better. I too have a ton to lose....this group has been so helpful in keeping me focused !

Im struggling also with the posted calories for MFP ...I'm thinking about buying the upgraded version so I can preset the calories according to my high low days . Still debating whether it is worth the additional cost.

It's been a crazy stressful couple of days. I've been on the road both days putting in some long hours...I've been ok with the calories in and out, but the type of calories not so good. Will be working from home the next couple of days so things should be more in control now. I'm afraid to step on the scale today though !

• tiffkittyw
    Options
    Hi everyone, this week I've been eating off plan, but still less than my TDEE in order to add sodium (water weight) for this mornings weigh in. Today is day 1 of the 8 week weight loss contest at work. It was scary to see such a high number this morning (I also drank 3 bottles of water and a big breakfast before weighing in),but I know the large number on the scale was not actual weight so it will be interesting to see what my actual weight is on Saturday. I am going to have low carb days Thursday and Friday to try and flush out the water. Hopefully eating more for 2 days won't hurt my results too much.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    I'm going to weigh in twice a week on my high carb days.....
  • Db8688
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    Laura !!! What a fabulous NSV you had with your dress pants !!! That's really what it's all about- fitting into smaller clothes. It will be exciting to hear how many sizes you actually have dropped after your next shopping trip !!! WAY TO GO !

Im struggling also with the posted calories for MFP ...I'm thinking about buying the upgraded version so I can preset the calories according to my high low days . Still debating whether it is worth the additional cost.

I'm keeping a written log as well. (Spiral notebook) That way I can refer back to it to quickly see what foods seem to work best for me. I know you can print out written reports with MFP but I seem to retain things more by writing them down. I have flags and post it notes in my Choose to Lose book and I'm constantly going back to review things.
  • Db8688
    Options
    Good luck with the competition tiiff! You have your own personal support team on MFP!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Tiffany - Good luck with the competition ! The 8 weeks will go fast!
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Thanks DB!
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Thanks Sue!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Low carb today...leftovers is what's for dinner!

Fajitas without the tortilla ....hubby will have the rice and tortilla
  • Db8688
    Options
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the video, DB. Lots of good tips !
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    What does the coffee with coconut oil do? I purchased a bottle of liquid coconut oil last year to use as a hair conditioner but I haven't used it yet so it's just sitting in my pantry waiting for me to use it :smile:

Well I kind of use it as a way to get more fats in, helps me go potty, and I use it for intermittent fadting in the mornin. its something very quick I can do wgen I can't always eat within 30 min of waking. I find it is helping me greatly:) I do it in a blender tho so it get a nice cream on top its yummy
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    So I was doing good this week. I even ate a greek salad when my fam ate pizza! Yesterday bc we had chick fila the night before and I had a sandwich on a lowcarb day but it was my only carb that day (pretty good for me). Today we had to go to a buffet bc family was in town and ill say I am pretty damn proud! Buffets and I are still touchy. But I ate a very large salad. 1 roll and very smal portion of meat and veg and 1 small pc cake and 1 mini pie. (I usually eat.like 5 brownies 3 slice cake, fudfe, pie) I managed it excellent and inspired others to eat salad:)
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    So I was doing good this week. I even ate a greek salad when my fam ate pizza! Yesterday bc we had chick fila the night before and I had a sandwich on a lowcarb day but it was my only carb that day (pretty good for me). Today we had to go to a buffet bc family was in town and ill say I am pretty damn proud! Buffets and I are still touchy. But I ate a very large salad. 1 roll and very smal portion of meat and veg and 1 small pc cake and 1 mini pie. (I usually eat.like 5 brownies 3 slice cake, fudfe, pie) I managed it excellent and inspired others to eat salad:)

Oh and tiday was my hc day! So I was allowed to have a carb:)
  • Db8688
    Options
    I got curious and looked this up - thought I'd share:
    Protein and carbohydrates both contain 4 calories per gram, while fat provides 9 calories per gram. Calculating your calorie needs can help you determine how many grams of protein, carbohydrates and fat you should consume each day.