CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Tiffany - what does that mean , eat at maintenance ? I've seen that elsewhere and not sure how to figure it out
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It means to eat as much calories as I burn. This way my body never adjusts to eating low calorie and I won't plateau. Plus I really enjoy Mexican food and wine
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Thanks everyone I can't wait for my reward meal!!!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    Thanks everyone I can't wait for my reward meal!!!

You're welcome ....my cheat meal is tomorrow ...home made spaghetti with hot italian sausage and garlic bread ( my mouth is watering now) :p

• tiffkittyw
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I also love Italian food.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Now my mouth is too !!! Enjoy !
  • ms_smartypants
    Options
    and I also love Mexican food :)
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Ok you both just made me hungry ! Those are the two most tempt-iest cuisine ever.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Wow this is pretty cool. Id love to join it was sadwhen I started in march and the chris powell choose more lise more group was dead:( I tried to get friends who carb cycle through a thread for ccucurrent carb cycling buddies and that helped alot. I also sought out people who were doing it. So this is great! Cause I was on a group on sparkpeople for it which was pretty active but the lady on there was a bit too food nazi ish for me.

so I am glad you all are here! It is hard to do it alone and try to figure it out!

Ok well I started in march 2015 and though ive fallen off the wagon a few times without perfect adherence ive lost 31 lbs so far! I have had to make so slight adjustments for my body bc I need a bit more fat protein and fruit to keep things flowing but I am trying to stay away from breads and pastas mostly.

I do turbo cycle. I incorporate a intermittent fast in mornings which seems to work for me for now as I do a coffee and coconut oil
  • ms_smartypants
    Options
    So glad to have you with us Angel :)
  • ms_smartypants
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    Ok you both just made me hungry ! Those are the two most tempt-iest cuisine ever.

Sorry Sue :p
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Welcome Angel.
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Sue, what day is your reward meal on?
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Today is my free day :) but I think I may keep it low I don't know. Yesterday I stayed within my cals and ate on plan pretty much. Like I forget on my non lc days sometimes and eat lc like this morning:)

Breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs, 2 sausage, mixed salad greens

am snack 1 cup non fat yogurt plain with half nectarine

lunch coffee with 2 tbsp coconut oil and creamer w stevia

k8nda a typical lc day for me the most I realized hey I can have some carbs today!

I'm going to try to be very good and on plan this week and drink lots of water:)
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    What does the coffee with coconut oil do? I purchased a bottle of liquid coconut oil last year to use as a hair conditioner but I haven't used it yet so it's just sitting in my pantry waiting for me to use it :smile:
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to give you energy and help curb your appetite. The key to the taste is to mix it in the blender so that it's nice and frothy. In my opinion it did nothing for me. Would love a report if you decide to try. I keep a tub of Organic Virgin Coconut Oil in my pantry at all times but I use it as a skin softener and oral rinse and I sometimes sautee veggies or cook eggs with it. You have to be careful because even though it's a good fat it packs about 130 calories per TBSP.
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Thanks DB. I'll think about it. I get scared to add too much non food calories.
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Me too! :)
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Tiffany, usually reward meal or day is slated for Sunday's....but today I had unscheduled travel and meetings for the past 14 hours. I did not eat well...or enough calories and I had carbs --thin crust pizza....so calling today my reward meal and resetting the plan for this week . Low carb tomorrow .

Hope all is well with everyone..... Had a NSV. Yesterday when hubby said my back side was looking good. Lol. I'll take it !!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Welcome Angel! We love that you found us... We are a group that literally just came together last week.! It's accountability, tips, and celebrating all achievements. Stick around, and feel free to invite others.... The more people working and talking about a common goal the better !!!

I'm also on the turbo cycle , ummm except for today !!! Lol. Just started it seriously last week...and I can feel some positive changes !!

DB - love the Pinterest board, and I will be pinning things there. If anyone else does Pinterest...DB put together two boards, low and high carb so people could see recipe ideas ! Love it !!! THANK YOU !

Congrats Angel on your 31 pounds lost !

Megan - hope you had a great day....were you able to eat at maintenance ??