CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Ooohhh Laura - love the warm cookie substitute....will definitely have to try it !

Sue
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    DB - sometimes the hungries could be just simply the change in regime, I know that is what happens to me. After a few days my hunger levels out. Another reason could be because of the lack of sugar in a low carb meal....that darn sugar is hidden every where, and when you eating clean, it's pretty much non existent unless nature put it there. I also I try to fill up with veggies, the two cup suggestion is just that - a suggestion !! You could up your calories a bit for those low days since you are killing it in the gym. In Chris first book he explains that most people feel their energy spike on the high carb days and drag some on the low days....plus the low carb days are when your body flushes a lot.....and is forced to use fat as energy...in my experience the fat burning took a bit to switch on. Keep it up, modify as you see fit, and as Laura says you know your body better than anyone else. You Can Do This !!!!

Sue
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ooo what a great idea SpectacuLaura! I have seen recipes on the Quest site but hadn't heard about "cut and bake cookies". I'll have to give it a try too! :)
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    Tiffany - that is the ultimate compliment when they want to take the leftovers !!! So what do you have planned for tomorrow - and is it your high carb day ?

I'm doing another low carb day to prepare for my reward day tomorrow and the morning weekly weigh in. I'm mad at myself because I forgot my dandelion root tea today to get rid of my water weight. Oh well. Tonight I have pizza chicken in the crock pot. It's chicken, pizza sauce, black olives, and turkey pepperoni. I will eat it in a bowl with a sprinkle of cheese on top.
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Good morning Peeps ..... Another low carb day is on the books. And here is what I'm having tonight !! 5tyo6tbaz5wo.jpg

Yum! Are they hard to make?
  • pwrfl1
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Tiffany - they are very easy ..... I add chopped onion, celery, squeeze a lemon, red pepper flake or splash of hot sauce, salt and pepper.......combine with an egg, and a small amount of low carb or no carb bread crumbs. After I form the patties I refrigerate them so they are easy to handle, cook them on top of the stove like you would do for a hamburger. I found the recipe on Pinterest , would love to add it to our low carb board but still figuring out how to add pins to it.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Tiffany - are there other teas available that would work for you ?
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Tiffany - are there other teas available that would work for you ?

I don't know. I keep a box of green tea here at work but the dandelion root tea has been proven to get rid of bloat/water weight. Do you use canned tuna? How long does it take to cook? I will need to check sprouts or trader joes for low carb bread crumbs, or as a last resort Amazon. I buy a lot of my healthy food items off Amazon.
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    DB - sometimes the hungries could be just simply the change in regime, I know that is what happens to me. After a few days my hunger levels out. Another reason could be because of the lack of sugar in a low carb meal....that darn sugar is hidden every where, and when you eating clean, it's pretty much non existent unless nature put it there. I also I try to fill up with veggies, the two cup suggestion is just that - a suggestion !! You could up your calories a bit for those low days since you are killing it in the gym. In Chris first book he explains that most people feel their energy spike on the high carb days and drag some on the low days....plus the low carb days are when your body flushes a lot.....and is forced to use fat as energy...in my experience the fat burning took a bit to switch on. Keep it up, modify as you see fit, and as Laura says you know your body better than anyone else. You Can Do This !!!!

Sue

Thanks Sue! VERY helpful advice! I'll. check the numbers in the Choose to Lose book before adjusting my calories. I think because I read that you don't get hungry with cycling I figured I must be doing something wrong. Honestly it seems I was hungry when doing other plans as well so maybe some of it is mental. New goal for next week: Keep calories evenly spread througout the day.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Tiffany - you could try toasting a low carb tortilla / wrap and then grinding into crumbs. Also, it really all depends on how well you drain you can, you may be able to not use the egg or crumbs at all...and I try to use less than 1/4 cup of the crumbs...
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Tiffany - I love green tea -it's so beneficial on so many levels... I tend to hit the bathroom more any time I drink it.
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    I had some green tea with my quest bar. Hopefully it helps.
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Tiffany - you could try toasting a low carb tortilla / wrap and then grinding into crumbs. Also, it really all depends on how well you drain you can, you may be able to not use the egg or crumbs at all...and I try to use less than 1/4 cup of the crumbs...

I was able to find the tuna patty recipie on Pinterest. Thanks!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the asian turkey lettuce wrap on skinnytaste.com for low carb days ....I highly recommend it :)
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Megan - yumm does that good ! Definitely putting that on my list to try !

Sue
  • ms_smartypants
    Options
    Megan - yumm does that good ! Definitely putting that on my list to try !

Sue

I hope you like it as much as I do :) quick easy and yummy :)

:smiley: Megan

• pwrfl1
    Options
    Megan were you high or low carb today ? I'm low....and currently craving a Reece's pb cup to tell the truth !
  • ms_smartypants
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I am low carb today but thinking about changing my days since my weigh day is friday and eating high carb Thursday night might not help my weightloss on Fridays...It helped this week but I have been losing my appetite I am not sure why just not hungry
  • ms_smartypants
    Options
    I have a PB cup recipe from hungrygirl.com that is yummy ....you use soys nuts and cool whip
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Megan - You've been weighing in after a high carb day ? You will probably see a difference once you start weighing in the day after your low carb day !! I will have to check out that recipe !