CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thank you pwrfl1! LOL - the workout library was the result of internet sales and me vowing not to get board or do the same workout everyday. Spinning is not one of my favorites but I go because it's the same instructor I have for Zumba and I really like her style of coaching. I've been taking her Zumba class for three years now and am just now learning how to "get out of my head" as she says when the workout gets tough. The key with most exercise classes whether live or recorded it to just keep showing up and doing it.

Yes I am on pinterest and if we could put together some recipe boards that would be great! Maybe two boards - 1 for each cycle day. The reason I gained back some of my weight was food boredom as well. I did the 6 week body makeover (but only followed it Monday - Friday). But I don't like a lot of foods that were listed as options and I'm not into spending a lot of time preparing meals. I basically wound up eating a lot of chicken breasts and fresh pineapple. When I got tired of that I slowly began eating whatever I wanted and the weight came back.

Today is a practice high carb day for me: I'm having 2 servings of Birdseye Protein Blend California Style. It steams in the bag and I add a sprinkle of Grill Mates Kickin Chicken seasoning to spice it up a bit. BTW I'm hooked on Franks Hot Wing Sauce and the Kickin Chicken along with minced garlic. I rotate between these seasonings to keep the food flavorful without adding oil or butter.
  • Db8688
    Options
    My pinterest name is the same as here MFP
    https://in.pinterest.com/db8688/
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Jill, Welcome!!!! some of us have Chris Powells books....where the days range from 1200 calories on low carb days and 1400/1500 calories on high carb days. Carbs in this case is the higher glycemic veggies I.e. Starches. And Pasta, breads,..... Regular fiberous vegetables are teamed with a protein during most meals. http://babebeforebaby.blogspot.com/2013/11/carb-cycling-what-im-eating.html
    Sue
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Excerpt from Chris Powells book the Carb cycle solutionChris Powell's plan not only cycles carbs but calories, it forces your body to boost its metabolism one day and mobilize and burn fat stores the next
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    This is great everyone. I'm also on Pinterest @tiffanywrz Tonight I plan to do a high carb meal. I have salsa chicken in the crockpot and I'm going to eat it on corn tortillas with lettuce and pico de gallo. This was my carb cycling plan I created, I just haven't started it 100% yet.

Carb cycling:
    Low Carb: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.
    High Carb: Monday and Wednesday.
    Cheat day: Saturday

Breakfast is always Greek yogurt and Kashi go lean crunch cereal 1/4 cup.

Low carb meals are: protein (palm sized), veggie ( 2 fists) fat (thumb size)

High carb meals are: protein (Palm sized), veggie (2 fists), carb (fist sized).

Fist size is about 1 cup

Weekend lunch
    Low carb:
    Atkins frozen meal.
    Turkey pepperoni, cheese, nuts

High carb:
    Egg whites with salsa, mushrooms and a slice of Ezekiel toast or turkey and pickle rolled in tortilla or Greek yogurt and blueberries or other fruit with side of veggies (carrots)

Weekday lunches:
    High carb-
    Ground turkey with taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and veggies of choice, no salt green beans and and side of pinto or refried beans.

Low carb-
    Ground turkey with taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and veggies of choice,no salt green beans and string cheese or low fat babybel.

Snacks:
    High Carb ( 2 snacks a day)
    Protein shake and 1/2 grapefruit or an apple, Quest bar and edamame.
    Veggie: baby carrots

Low carb (2 snacks a day)
    Protein shake and almonds. Quest bar and string cheese.
    Veggie: Baby carrots

Dinners:
    High carb-
    Chicken and pinto beans or baked chicken and sweet potato. Salsa chicken with corn tortillas

Low carb-
    Crock pot chicken with salsa taco bowl, crock pot pizza chicken, miracle noodle pasta with chicken or turkey, salmon with sautéed mushrooms, black soy bean chicken chili, eggs for dinner, crock pot turkey with broccoli slaw and peppers.
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    I also want to mention that since I go to the gym at 5am the whole eating within 30 minutes of waking up doesn't work for me. I don't think it hurts weight loss though.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Chris Powells Book

Proteins : cottage cheese, egg, Greek yogurt. Chicken,turkey, buffalo, beef, salmon, shellfish, tuna, Soy powder, whey powder, egg powder, legume powder

Vegetables: asparagus, beets, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, celery, collard greens, cucumber, eggplant, green beans, lettuce, mixed greens, mushrooms, onions, peppers, spinach, sprouts, squash, tomatoes, turnips, zucchini

Fats: cheese, feta, heavy cream, balsamic vinaigrette, mayo, salad dressing ( low fat creamy) avocado, olives, almond butter, almonds (raw whole ) peanut butter ( natural ) peanuts,pecans, pumpkin seeds, sesame butter, sunflower seeds, walnuts, canola oil, fish oil, flaxseed oil, olive oil.

Carbs : breads, tortillas, cereals ( high fiber ) apples, apricots, bananas, berries, grapes, kiwi, melons, oranges, peaches, pears, pineapple, plums, grains , pasta, potatoes, sweet potatoes, peas, corn, canned beans, lentils

Portions are .... Proteins -3 oz, Veggies 2 cups ( or more ). Fats 1 tbs, Carbs 1 cup
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Nice job Tiffany ! Great way to organize it all ! Thank you for sharing !!!!! I too don't eat before I workout...it works better for me

Sue
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I am low carb today so dinner is 4 coconut shrimp paired with fresh green beans and a squirt of lemon juice on them green beans

I am not following MFP for calories because I don't want to figure out how much of a burn I am doing ...So I do the TDEE method (scoobysworkshop.com ) my calories are high 2034 but I try to stay within the 1500 range on high carb days

Welcome to the group Jill
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love all of the recipes/food specifics! Thanks, everyone :) I'm diagnosed Celiac so I have the added annoyance of having to make everything gluten free. So any tips I can get on how to make my meals more interesting is always appreciated.

Right now for breakfast I always have 4 egg whites, 2 rice cakes or 1 slice GF bread, 1 tablespoon of peanut/almond butter and 1 cup of fruit.

Then my meals switch up on the carbs/veggies/fats depending on when they are and whether they're on a low/high day, but they all always include 3oz protein (and 4oz for my last "dinner" meal). And no matter what day it is I try not to have carbs for my 4th or 5th meals (*unless it's my cheat meal, of course). So far it's been pretty good and I never feel hungry or sluggish.
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    Nice job Tiffany ! Great way to organize it all ! Thank you for sharing !!!!! I too don't eat before I workout...it works better for me

Sue

Thanks
  • pwrfl1
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Laura , looks like you got this deal figured out !!! Good on you !!!!

DB- practice away sister, let us know how you do !! Plus I really do think you might be my sister from another mother, as I too have the " library " cuz I was getting bored. I like your philosophy that you just have to do it and get out of your head.... Would you mind starting the Pinterest board ? I like the idea of both boards.

Sue
  • Db8688
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Jill. I'm interested in joining this group however I've only heard about carb cycling through the show Extreme Weight Loss (which I love)! I've only been doing FMP since yesterday, I too am one to workout hard instead of focusing on eating. My only saving grace is I'm good a portion control. I've recently had a baby boy and it's harder for me to get to the gym so I figure the easiest thing is to watch and control what I'm eating. I factor in my breastfeeding calories so I'm not compromising my milk supply.

My goals would be to:
    1. Track what I'm eating daily, so make my entries daily
    2. Workout at least 3xweek
    3. Control amount we eat out and food over the weekends

Is there an area/website you would recommend I read to learn more about how to carb cycle and what I follow as far as meal plans?
    Thanks!
    Jill

• Db8688
    Options
    Hi Jill and welcome! I like bodybuilding.com . You can do a search there in carb cycling and pull up some info. Chris and Heidi Powell both have websites that have bits of info. If you have the kindle device or app for your pgone I have a very short digital book I purchased on Amazon that I can loan you. It's currently. On loan to pwrfl1 but it'll be back in my library in another week or two. I have overloaded myself with info on carbcycling but I think Choose to Lose will be my manual for putting it into effect.
  • Db8688
    Options

DB- practice away sister, let us know how you do !! Plus I really do think you might be my sister from another mother, as I too have the " library " cuz I was getting bored. I like your philosophy that you just have to do it and get out of your head.... Would you mind starting the Pinterest board ? I like the idea of both boards.

Sue

• pwrfl1
    edited September 2015
    Options
    DB - It should be back in your library now. Thank you for the loan !!!!

Sue
  • Db8688
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    I also want to mention that since I go to the gym at 5am the whole eating within 30 minutes of waking up doesn't work for me. I don't think it hurts weight loss though.

• Db8688
    Options
    Ive heard both yes and no about eating before working out. When my friend was working with a personal trainer at 5am he told her to grab a spoon full of peanut butter on her way out the door. I usually workout in the evening so ill have a very lifgt snack about 2hrs before. I think eating in the morning varies depending on how late your last meal is the previous day. A fitness coach also said it depends on the work out as to when/if or what you eat.
  • Db8688
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »

Sue

• Db8688
    Options
    Lol that's possible! I got the boards up on pinterest but app crashes my phone when try to get link. will later. Also have figure out fastest way set it so that all of group can be collaborators