No lunch
    Thin cracker crust pepperoni and sausage pizza
    Battered mushrooms
    Barely any water........

Tomorrow will be better !
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Awesome I will look for the Pinterest boards and send you some of my pins to add. I have some of my go to meals saved.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I did have a great day Sue .....I worked out this morning for 1 hour doing aerobics (no breaks and no back pain YAY!!) I don't eat at maintenance I have tons of weight to lose
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    Awesome I will look for the Pinterest boards and send you some of my pins to add. I have some of my go to meals saved.

I can add you as a collaborator so you can add to the boards. Literally just figured out how to do that today. I think you have to follow the boards ard then i add your pinterest user name as a collaborator.....I think
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Ok, I just started following you DB.
  • Db8688
    Options
    tiffkittyw - just invited you to the boards. :smiley:

• Db8688
    Options
    QUESTION: When you are cycling do you change your calories settings in MFP each day? My targets are 1200 or LC days and 1500 on HC days. So far I'm just leaving the MFP settings at the standard 1200 with 40,40,20 settings (protein, carbs, fat). I was just curious if anyone does it differently. I tend to over analyze (and sometimes over complicate) something once the determination kicks in.
  • ms_smartypants
    Options
    My calories stay the same but I change the percentage of carbs,fat and protein daily (20% carbs, 50% protein and 30% Fat on low carb days ....45% carbs, 40% protein and 15% fat on High carb days)
  • Db8688
    Options
    My calories stay the same but I change the percentage of carbs,fat and protein daily (20% carbs, 50% protein and 30% Fat on low carb days ....45% carbs, 40% protein and 15% fat on High carb days)

Thanks! That's my next task: getting the percentages in order
  • ms_smartypants
    Options
    You're welcome DB :)
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I had an insanely busy weekend so I'm sorry I wasn't able to keep up with the group much. :smile: I definitely ate more than I wanted over the weekend with my best friend's birthday celebration and a friend's wedding being back-to-back but I'm trying to not beat myself up over it. Better to focus on all of the hard work I'm putting in versus the minimal slip-ups.

On a better note, I had an interesting morning getting dressed for work today! I work at a law firm with a casual dress code so I don't have to dress up for work much. We have clients in the office today and needed to dress up and when I went to try on all of my dress pants, NONE of them fit lol. I've worn dresses all summer if we needed to dress up and haven't had to go for my dress pants in months so it was kind of nice to see that they were all crazy big now. (Although kind of annoying too since I actually needed to find something to wear!)

So much of the time I tend to focus on how much more I want to lose or all of the progress I still have yet to make. Seeing all of those pants that used to be uncomfortably tight fall to the ground was really shocking in a way and a good reminder to also acknowledge how far I've come. Feeling pretty awesome today :smiley: AND it's a high carb day for me so it's a double win lol!
  • SpectacuLaura
    Options
    Also, in reference to the coconut oil talk from a few days ago, I've been using coconut oil as an eye makeup remover for years now and it's INSANE. It literally removes every tiny speck of eye makeup with just a tiny bit and some gentle rubbing. So if anyone is looking for any other good reasons to get some coconut oil beyond its nutritional value... haha
  • Db8688
    Options
    Congrats SpectacuLaura on the big clothes! (LOL-I don't get to say that very often.) Also congrats on staying with the lifestyle!

I totally forgot about the eye makeup remover. Actually thought of it last night when removing mine. Best makeup remover EVER!!! There's a web page called 101 uses for coconut oil or something like that. You get so many uses out of this one item that it saves you money in the long run! Plus it smells nice too. :smiley:
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    That is awesome Laura! My pants are still super tight since I've only lost 4 lbs so I can't wait until they get loose.
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    DB I am not perfect at this carb cycling thing so I leave my calories set to 1,200 and just eat more carbs on my high carb day and less on my low carb day. The thing I struggle with the most is not having fat on high carb days. I love an avocado and salad dressing with my lunch salad. I can't seem to cut out the fat just yet.
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    I will have to try out my bottle of coconut oil soon :smile:
  • Db8688
    Options
    DB I am not perfect at this carb cycling thing so I leave my calories set to 1,200 and just eat more carbs on my high carb day and less on my low carb day. The thing I struggle with the most is not having fat on high carb days. I love an avocado and salad dressing with my lunch salad. I can't seem to cut out the fat just yet.

I'm thinking leaving the setting at 1200 may be easier for me too since I'll probably forget to change it every day anyway. I'm new to cycling too (dabbled with it here and there for a few weeks before "going live" this week) and I agree the fat thing is HARD! Fat is in almost everything and it adds up quickly! Even the lean chicken breast has about 2 g of fat for 1-2 ozs. When I ate salads for dinner my fat was higher even though I didn't use cheese and used light dressings. I understand the whole good fat bad fat thing. Like avocados vs bacon fat. I'm just not sure that I buy into the statement that "good fat doesn't make you fat".
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    True, all fats in excess will make you fat just like anything else. I also heard that if you eat too much fat not only is it higher in calories than carbs/protein but your body doesn't have to work as hard to store it since its fat. I don't know how true that is but I gained my weight eating a very high fat diet of fast food 1-2 times a day and I gained over 20 lbs in a year.
  • SpectacuLaura
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »

I'm thinking leaving the setting at 1200 may be easier for me too since I'll probably forget to change it every day anyway. I'm new to cycling too (dabbled with it here and there for a few weeks before "going live" this week) and I agree the fat thing is HARD! Fat is in almost everything and it adds up quickly! Even the lean chicken breast has about 2 g of fat for 1-2 ozs. When I ate salads for dinner my fat was higher even though I didn't use cheese and used light dressings. I understand the whole good fat bad fat thing. Like avocados vs bacon fat. I'm just not sure that I buy into the statement that "good fat doesn't make you fat".

I'm with you guys- I just leave my MFP settings the same all the time. Since I meal prep every week and measure everything out for my meals to take with me to work it just seems easier to focus on the macros. And I'm also with you on the "good fat" struggle. I could eat avocado on everything! I'm doing ok with saving cheese for just my cheat meal each week but it's def hard...
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Ok everyone I went and added all of my low carb recipes on the low carb Pinterest board. I have my crock pot chicken tacos recipe for the high carb board but you need to add me to it :smile: