Labor Day Challenge--Any takers??

Options

Replies

• Yary
    Yary Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi I'll like to join if its not too late.

CW: 264
    Labor Day GW: 224

Thanks
  • bjscmg
    bjscmg Posts: 77
    Options
    Is it too late to join?

SW 205
    GW 180

Nope! Not too late! Either post your weekly weigh-in update here, or private message it to me...I'm keep track of everyones. Week 2 starts tomorrow, and goes through the coming Sunday.

Hey Hey Mrs Ace, do we have a new challenge? It was really nice to work that hard on one area for a week, excited to see whats next :)
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Just a side note...I personally like the thought of weight/strength training type challenges like the one we just did. I think a lot of people, women especially, focus on just cardio and never get in adequate weight training, when really that's what builds muscle and muscle is what burns fat.
  • Yary
    Yary Posts: 28
    Options
    Maybe a plank challenge. Trying to hold it for as long as possible and trying to improve on the time through out the week...just throwing the idea out there...
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound this week down to 195.0
  • krevelle65
    krevelle65 Posts: 189
    Options
    Hi changing my goal to 245
    Week 1 6/6/11
    SW: 265
    CW: 262
    Goal: 245
  • bbecker613
    bbecker613 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    would like to start challenge with you. is it too late?
    cw 181
    gw 150 by oct
    gw total 130
  • nichole1027
    nichole1027 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    5/29: 145 lbs
    6/5: 144.6 lbs

.4 lost.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Great job to everyone this week!! If you went up, I know you can get it this week!! And to the few new people who posted here or sent me a message, you are definitely welcome! Just make sure you post a weigh in update, or send me a message EACH week once a day, because I'm keep track of everyone's numbers!

As for a weekly challenge....I really like the plank idea someone said. I also think it's important to focus on strength training because a lot of women do just jump on the elliptical for an hour and then leave. We can't get bulky, but it's important to be strong!!!
  • lele39
    lele39 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello I would like to join.

SW: 189
    CW: 189
    Mini Goal 1: 179 or less July 6th
    Mini Goal 2: 169 or less by August 6th
    Mini Goal 3: 159 or less by Labor Day
    Goal 5: 137 by November 1st 2011
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    So is this week's challenge just to hold plank position for as long as we can? If so, I probably won't do this one because plank is really hard on my shoulders because I still have A LOT of weight.
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    So is this week's challenge just to hold plank position for as long as we can? If so, I probably won't do this one because plank is really hard on my shoulders because I still have A LOT of weight.

Not sure I can do it either, especially because I don't know what it is!! Can someone help?
  • ace175
    Options

Not sure I can do it either, especially because I don't know what it is!! Can someone help?

Here's a video showing the plank
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHQmRINu4jU

if you can't do it, it's ok!

Yesterday was the start of week 2!!! I am STILL missing people's weigh-ins for last week, week 1!!!!
  • tefii
    tefii Posts: 31
    Options
    Hey sorry am so late.. I want to join

SW:240
    GW:218

:) whats easier for you post my weekly weight in in here or in a personal message? I know it must be crazy to keep track of everyone so thanks for doing this! So sweet of you!!

-tefi
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I hope your week went well. Despite some real emotional challenges, I managed to discard 2 lbs. this week. We can meet those goals with a lot of hard work!

And thanks for the video on the plank. I will try, but not sure how well I will do.
  • dawnmj1121
    dawnmj1121 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Going to try this week's challenge today when I get home from the gym!!!
  • ace175
    Options
    Hey sorry am so late.. I want to join

SW:240
    GW:218

:) whats easier for you post my weekly weight in in here or in a personal message? I know it must be crazy to keep track of everyone so thanks for doing this! So sweet of you!!

-tefi

Either way is fine. But probably a private message...thanks!
  • lolowink
    lolowink Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm in also! I would like to lose 15 pounds. I'm at 150 now, and my ultimate goal is 135, so I have 15 to go! I've been back and forth between 145-150, and I just can't seem to shed the last bit. But I'm ready to do this and could definitely use the support. :)

SW: 175
    CW: 150
    GW: 135
  • ace175
    Options
    I'm in also! I would like to lose 15 pounds. I'm at 150 now, and my ultimate goal is 135, so I have 15 to go! I've been back and forth between 145-150, and I just can't seem to shed the last bit. But I'm ready to do this and could definitely use the support. :)

SW: 175
    CW: 150
    GW: 135

Welcome!! I'm keeping track over everyone's weigh ins, so either post your weekly weigh in here, or private message it to me by Sunday night of each week. We are currently half way through week 2!
  • Cyn_125
    Cyn_125 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join please!! I definately need some motivation.

SW: 251
    CW:209
    GW:190