What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Miles_to_Go
    Miles_to_Go Posts: 48 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I joined a local running club and went to my first meet tonight. It was at a track in a high school. I ran three miles.

That's great! Run clubs are a great way to stay motivated and have fun when running.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    last hole on my belt :)
    which is sad because i love this belt and i can't add more holes to this one.

and feeling comfortable in athletic gear. i feel healthy in it, not fraudlike
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    My SIL asked if I have been working out, because I look "flatter" (in the tummy area, I think)

Also, fitting into some of my size 6 jeans again. Some better than others, but a few months ago I couldn't even zip them, so it's progress.
  • Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I cleaned a whole bunch of saggy, tired, unflattering fat clothes out of my closet and took them to Goodwill. I have space now for new clothes! I am now fitting into my smallest existing items (with one exceptional piece that will take a while to shrink back into), and will soon need to buy some new clothes. Not that I'm small now- still have a ways to go. But, I'm hoping by Xmas I'll be comparatively slender enough to need some new jeans.
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Guy who was running class at the gym, and had spoken to me downstairs while behind a desk and had seen a grey haired woman, did a double take when he realized that the woman with the amazingly muscular calves was the same person. He actually said "bloody h*ll, are you a competitive cyclist? (Paused, looked at my face) Sorry, I didn't realise it was the same person!" Of course, I then had to really blast it in the class as I had a reputation to keep up!
  • redwingsfan6712
    redwingsfan6712 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Put on a pair of jeans that I haven't fit into in over a year this morning and they FIT!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Jogged 6 miles (72 minutes). 6 months ago, the idea of attempting 20 minutes jogging for c25k seemed daunting.
  • chrisjonesy2k
    chrisjonesy2k Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just hit the healthy bmi range of 25,hopefully i can go down a bit further,its odd considering i am taking a week off of training,and now i am hitting the healthy weight,good eating helps just as much as good training,takes me to 80lbs lost,maybe will look at another 10/15lbs perhaps.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I tried on a dress today. It was too big! So I asked the lady if she could swap my 14 for a 12. She laughed and said I've already got the 12. So she grabbed me a 10.
    It fits! Actually it's still a bit big. But it's a nice dress and they didn't have any 8's.
    Awesome nsv!!!!!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Nsv- didn't touch the junk food spread out in front of me at a horrible, stressfilled meeting. Decided to repeat week 1 of cw5k because the second week was too difficult---in the past i woud have just given up and headed for the couch! Karen from ny
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm off pain meds from having a car hit me while I was riding a bike.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

klanders30 wrote: »
    Decided to repeat week 1 of cw5k because the second week was too difficult---in the past i woud have just given up and headed for the couch! Karen from ny

Oh! Please don't let yourself get discouraged about repeating as many weeks as you need on C25K. I did the same thing and then I had to stop myself from skipping weeks because they seemed TOO EASY!

I went from having not exercised in 20 years, to walking 10 minutes on the treadmill, to walking in my neighborhood for 30-60 miutes in 5 months from January to May.

Then I started C25K at the end of May and walked my first 5k race. By the end of July I jogged the whole way in a race. I never jogged before in my whole life and now I jog 5K about 3 times a week.

I made a commitment to myself to do at least 1 5k race every month til next May and so far I have done it. It is so difficult to get up the courage and get through the race, but the feeling at the end----it's truly priceless!!!!

I even came in last in one race at the end of September. But I still felt like a winner just because I did it for ME!

Don't give up! You are worth the effort and you are already winning, because you are doing it for you!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I just ran 3 miles in 31:04. I'm super happy with this, especially as I've been averaging 12 minute miles. The run was with a running club I just joined. this is probably the best decision I've made in quite a while as I know they will push me to be a better, faster runner.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my boss threatened my job.

I knew immediately that I was going to be struggling with "hunger" later on when I had more time to process everything.

The NSV is that I made it home without stopping at fast food, NOT getting fried chicken at the grocery store, NOT getting ice cream or chips, ONLY picking up my Rx's and GOING HOME. I did not completely fall back into old habits of eating the emotions that I didn't know how to feel. I did overeat, but it was on a box of NutThins. For me, that's a total win. I'm still having trouble with the emotions, but I'm not *eating* them, I'm FEELING them.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Size uk 12 fitted jacket.....and actually seeing myself as I am now in my reflection. ....where did that fat girl go?
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    Yesterday my boss threatened my job.

I knew immediately that I was going to be struggling with "hunger" later on when I had more time to process everything.

The NSV is that I made it home without stopping at fast food, NOT getting fried chicken at the grocery store, NOT getting ice cream or chips, ONLY picking up my Rx's and GOING HOME. I did not completely fall back into old habits of eating the emotions that I didn't know how to feel. I did overeat, but it was on a box of NutThins. For me, that's a total win. I'm still having trouble with the emotions, but I'm not *eating* them, I'm FEELING them.

Bummer to your boss but massive congratulations on realising your feelings and not feeding them away.

• PieAndLattes
    PieAndLattes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    steph0324 wrote: »
    Just got the results of my latest bloodwork. 2 months ago my bloodwork results showed high cholesterol and decreased kidney function. My mother is rapidly moving into End Stage Kidney disease as a result of diabetes, and I was hoping that the fact that I had avoided diabetes would mean that I would not be looking Kidney disease in my future. It was a wake up call to start changing my relationship with food. After just 2 months of making better food choices and being more active, I have managed to lower my cholesterol by 40 points and to show a much better kidney function!

So wonderful!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm going out in my new size 32 jeans. That's right. Size 32. Not the size 38 / 40 jeans I was wearing just a few months ago.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!