What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    steph0324 wrote: »
    Just got the results of my latest bloodwork. 2 months ago my bloodwork results showed high cholesterol and decreased kidney function. My mother is rapidly moving into End Stage Kidney disease as a result of diabetes, and I was hoping that the fact that I had avoided diabetes would mean that I would not be looking Kidney disease in my future. It was a wake up call to start changing my relationship with food. After just 2 months of making better food choices and being more active, I have managed to lower my cholesterol by 40 points and to show a much better kidney function!

That is the best possible result of getting fitter :smile:
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    I just started to be able to wear my "form fitting" t-shirts again this week. With no muffin top!!! I love it when half my wardrobe opens up to me, lol!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I made myself go to the gym to do my pt exercises this morning
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Size 12 (UK) jeans . No muffin top
  • entwife
    entwife Posts: 134 Member
    steph0324 wrote: »
    Just got the results of my latest bloodwork. 2 months ago my bloodwork results showed high cholesterol and decreased kidney function. My mother is rapidly moving into End Stage Kidney disease as a result of diabetes, and I was hoping that the fact that I had avoided diabetes would mean that I would not be looking Kidney disease in my future. It was a wake up call to start changing my relationship with food. After just 2 months of making better food choices and being more active, I have managed to lower my cholesterol by 40 points and to show a much better kidney function!

That's fan-TASTIC!!! Go you! !!
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    I just ran 3 miles in 31:04. I'm super happy with this, especially as I've been averaging 12 minute miles. The run was with a running club I just joined. this is probably the best decision I've made in quite a while as I know they will push me to be a better, faster runner.

Fantastic. I joined a running club at my gym in the spring - best thing I did. There are now only 4 of us but we run twice a week and they push me. I recently did a 10k in 59 minutes which I didn't think possible. Great bunch of guys. I am the slowest but they are really encouraging and never let me feel I am holding them up.
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    edited October 2015
    A lot has changed for me. Lots of NSVs happening. :D

1. I've kicked my bad eating habits, finally!! Haven't craved fast food, high sodium, sugar, or pop! So exciting!
    2. Went grocery shopping and read the labels on everything. Put back many items and came out with a cart full of healthy choices.
    3. Went into the city many times and bought NO fast food!
    4. I've inspired my family! My whole family is eating healthier.
    5. I'm not even exercising to get thin anymore... I'm just exercising because it energizes me and makes me feel great!
    6. Since I feel so great, my mood has improved 100%. I'm happy for the first time in my life! This makes daily life so much easier. I really struggled with anger before. I think it's because I simply didn't feel good.
    7. This week I'll be switching my major to sports medicine! Something I'm confident I'll be passionate about, where as before I simply wasn't motivated in my classes.

I have so much energy, I don't think I've ever felt so energized and amazing!! This is a miracle. Seriously a miracle I never imagined would happen. I was killing myself and didn't even realize it. I'm a completely new person out of nowhere.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Got a FitBit on Wednesday and I've been clearing the 10,000 steps before the day is half done on some days!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Ziggyzigs wrote: »
    My butt shelf dissappeard. Seemingly overnight. Afro-caribbean girl here... and that is a big deal.

You WANTED it to disappear?? Mine started sloping seemingly overnight too... I've been doing deeper squats to slow That side effect down!!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    I just ran 3 miles in 31:04. I'm super happy with this, especially as I've been averaging 12 minute miles. The run was with a running club I just joined. this is probably the best decision I've made in quite a while as I know they will push me to be a better, faster runner.

Fantastic. I joined a running club at my gym in the spring - best thing I did. There are now only 4 of us but we run twice a week and they push me. I recently did a 10k in 59 minutes which I didn't think possible. Great bunch of guys. I am the slowest but they are really encouraging and never let me feel I am holding them up.

10K in 59 minutes? I can't even imagine doing that! Maybe one day. But you're right about them pushing you. They weren't pushing me today but they did give me a lot of encouragement and congratulated me on my time. Especially as I'd admitted I usually run a 12 minute mile.
  • AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Congrats all.... nice work.

I am on my 4th of Insanity now..... I call up my family and tell them what I am up to of late....... My sis, who just gave birth to a baby, has started to do Ellen Barrett's Power Walk .... Good to know that my family too is trying to stay healthy.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Went to the cider mill today and only ate one donut and had one cup of cider. I allowed myself a treat, didn't feel guilty and couldn't believe the difference between how I looked last year as compared to this year! tiuerajg8uej.jpeg

Amazing transformation! Really want to go apple picking soon
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Went to the cider mill today and only ate one donut and had one cup of cider. I allowed myself a treat, didn't feel guilty and couldn't believe the difference between how I looked last year as compared to this year! tiuerajg8uej.jpeg

You look awesome. Big difference from last year. Congrats
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    I ordered some new jeans as my UK size 16's are pretty baggy now. Got the new size 14's and they fit and are even a little loose!
  • shizmcnally
    shizmcnally Posts: 39 Member

10K in 59 minutes? I can't even imagine doing that! Maybe one day. But you're right about them pushing you. They weren't pushing me today but they did give me a lot of encouragement and congratulated me on my time. Especially as I'd admitted I usually run a 12 minute mile.
    lseed87 wrote: »

Amazing transformation! Really want to go apple picking soon

Thank you!!
  • shizmcnally
    shizmcnally Posts: 39 Member

You look awesome. Big difference from last year. Congrats

Thanks!
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    I bought s/m tights today and they fit beautifully , I remember struggling to get the extra large ones on !!
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    This week I bought three tops in a UK size 12! I cannot in my adult life remember ever wearing a 12, I have always been a 16+ or on a very rare occasion, a 14.

Also, having been at my gym for nearly a year, one of the instructors has got me doing supersets for the first time. By the end of each session I'm cursing his name and convinced again that he is actually trying to kill me, but at the same time completely amazed by how much more I can do now than this time last year.
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    edited October 2015
    In shedding weight I've also shed medications. At 255 lbs I was on a heart medication, two blood pressure pills, and a statin for cholesterol. In the process of getting to 175 lbs I've dropped the heart medication, one of the BP pills, and the statin; and just yesterday my doc cut the dose of the remaining blood pressure med in half!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!