Throughly Annoyed at my Inability to Binge Properly

Options

Replies

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    The only problem I have with this post is that you THREW PERFECTLY GOOD ICE CREAM AWAY???

That, my friend, is heresy.

Reckon they just put it in the bin? Or down the sink?

Putting that much ice cream in the bin is just asking for problems. Leaks etc
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Got In my car to get a BIG bowl of froyo the other day. Started it, sat there for about 5 mins, then got out and realized I'd rather have a big sweet potato with almond butter instead of the froyo lol. It's weird how your mentality and taste buds change towards things when you become healthier!

I don't get the froyo thing. For the same calories, ice cream is just way better.
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I wish this worked for me, but yesterday I ate around 200g of Millionaire's Shortbread spread. With a spoon, from the jar. And last week I ate an entire pack of Oreos. I can still fit a hell of a lot of calories in me, sadly.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    To whoever flagged @tincanonastring at to the mods who might be reading this, it's an inside joke, not abuse or spam. It's cool
    e6b38rfxdvq1.jpeg
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I just saw that. It's cool. No one knows how to use the flag system in this place, so who cares? You get a flag and you get a flag and you get a flag...everybody gets a flag!!!!

oprah-free-car.gif
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    So much awesomeness in this thread! First off - I get what you are saying about the failure to binge properly. I seem to no longer be able to eat the quantities I used to. Kinda of a cool problem to have! But I also love the comments by @tincanonastring!
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    To whoever flagged @tincanonastring at to the mods who might be reading this, it's an inside joke, not abuse or spam. It's cool
    e6b38rfxdvq1.jpeg

+1! Made me smile again, @tincanonastring :joy:

Oh, and well done OP. I've noticed the same thing - when I think I'm starving and want to eat everything in the house, I actually don't. And it's not because I talk myself out of it, I just eat a little and it's enough - win!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Just posting an odd little ray of sunshine for those of you afraid of backsliding.

I have lost around 50lbs and yesterday in a fit of feeling sorry for myself (I'm stalled, yep I know why) I decided to say "Screw it! I'm eating a tub of ice cream!"

So I went to the store and bough a carton of chocolate chip cookie dough. NOM.

Went home, put on Time Team (I'm a nerd, shaddup) and tucked into my gallon or so of ice cream.

10 spoonfuls in and I was done. Full. Binge done.

WTF? In my hay day I could have polished that thing off but my body would have none of it. It was too sweet and there was too much of it.

I repeat: THERE WAS TOO MUCH ICE CREAM. This is simply unheard of.

So I threw it away. No need to have it sitting in the freezer mocking me.

So here's the lesson guys/gals. Even if you fall of the wagon those good habits you spent months building just don't go away, they are there under the surface waiting to come up again. Here's to hoping I can excavate mine!

MAKE ROOM woman!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,000 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I went on holiday for 3 weeks back in June. I had hit my first goal and was debating about stopping there. But while on holiday, I had decided to eat everything in sight. Whatever I wanted, I was going to have it.

First stop ... Krispie Kreme donuts. In the past, I've polished off half a dozen in one sitting. This time my husband and I ordered half a dozen between us, rather than a dozen. I had one that evening and found it almost icky sweet. Then I had the other two for breakfast the next morning and could hardly get them down.

The eat everything plan wasn't off to a good start ... I could barely manage half what I used to eat!

A little later I got a bag of dill pickle chips ... my favourite. It took me about 3 days to eat those rather than about 30 min. They were just way too salty for me.

And at restaurants I found myself ordering ... salads! And steamed veggies! The horror!! All that food, but all I wanted was a nice little tossed salad.

Oh and poutine was another one. I ordered a large poutine as a side instead of chips with one dinner. And it was quite large. I waded in ... and had to stop halfway and just leave it. Just couldn't do it.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    good one.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Just posting an odd little ray of sunshine for those of you afraid of backsliding.

I have lost around 50lbs and yesterday in a fit of feeling sorry for myself (I'm stalled, yep I know why) I decided to say "Screw it! I'm eating a tub of ice cream!"

So I went to the store and bough a carton of chocolate chip cookie dough. NOM.

Went home, put on Time Team (I'm a nerd, shaddup) and tucked into my gallon or so of ice cream.

10 spoonfuls in and I was done. Full. Binge done.

WTF? In my hay day I could have polished that thing off but my body would have none of it. It was too sweet and there was too much of it.

I repeat: THERE WAS TOO MUCH ICE CREAM. This is simply unheard of.

So I threw it away. No need to have it sitting in the freezer mocking me.

So here's the lesson guys/gals. Even if you fall of the wagon those good habits you spent months building just don't go away, they are there under the surface waiting to come up again. Here's to hoping I can excavate mine!

You threw it away. You THREW IT AWAY?! At least share with those of us who still know how to binge perfectly fine!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I feel like I've hit a nerve. I don't usually go around throwing out ice cream, honest! Here's a kid eating ice cream!

km3vudb9r4jp.jpeg

• starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I find this to be true. I have to work to get the healthy habits, and I have to work to lose them. But the last 4 years of not giving a damn proves I am willing to put in the work to forget them when given the chance ;)
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I totally get what you're saying. I ''binged'' a couple of nights ago and thought eff it I'm not logging. The day after I felt silly (I'm only sabotaging myself, right?) So I added it all up... and it came to about 300 calories over goal, still 300 calories under maintenance. I, too, seem to have lost my talent for eating everything in sight and then some.. So sad.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I can't finish a whole pizza anymore ;-(
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I had what I thought was a binge day yesterday. I actually only ate 500 calories more than I would normally eat and I still did not exceed my calorie goal. I even got the ice cream out of the freezer, thought about eating a lot, then put it back in the freezer without dishing up even a single spoonful. But oh boy I was scared to get on the scale this morning. Ended up only weighing half a pound more and that's probably due to the extra sodium I ate last night.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've hit a nerve. I don't usually go around throwing out ice cream, honest! Here's a kid eating ice cream!

km3vudb9r4jp.jpeg

I'm still mad at you.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It's very true... the good habits that you work so hard to create when it comes to nutrition and exercise never go away. Even if you want them too! I remember years ago me and my husband ordering out dinners almost every night, huge steak-bomb subs, chips and sometimes we'd even have fries as well! Now just thinking about that makes me feel full... LOL!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    hzyhxcr92oiw.jpeg
    kkenseth wrote: »

km3vudb9r4jp.jpeg

I'm still mad at you.

Really?
    p1869k745m7m.jpeg
  • PMB0404
    PMB0404 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I loved reading this.........isn't it amazing how much priorities change when we start actually CARING about ourselves and being able to look at food as just fuel instead of some sort of distorted reward? LOVE IT!