Throughly Annoyed at my Inability to Binge Properly

Options
13»

Replies

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    PMB0404 wrote: »
    I loved reading this.........isn't it amazing how much priorities change when we start actually CARING about ourselves and being able to look at food as just fuel instead of some sort of distorted reward? LOVE IT!

It wasn't even that. My body simply wasn't reacting to it as it used to.

It used to make me feel good to be full, now I just feel ill. The turn off switch has moved I guess.

Good will never be just fuel to me. To many yummy things to NOM!
  • anxioushero
    anxioushero Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wish my "binges" were like this, I used to have a bad problem with binge eating and although I prefer healthier food now I can get through like 6000 calories (of vegan food!!!) in one day, it's a *kitten* habit I'm trying to kick. I don't know how I was never morbidly obese to be quite honest
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    hzyhxcr92oiw.jpeg
    kkenseth wrote: »
    I feel like I've hit a nerve. I don't usually go around throwing out ice cream, honest! Here's a kid eating ice cream!

km3vudb9r4jp.jpeg

I'm still mad at you.

Really?
    p1869k745m7m.jpeg

Well that's just not fair, now, is it?
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Last Wednesday a very close friend died in a car accident. Thursday I was in shock, and I gave myself permission to binge. Because I really, really REALLY wanted to enjoy *something*. I didn't have much on hand, but I had some cinnamon candy (Hot Tamales) in a jar.

I ate 2 servings, and spent the rest of the day completely nauseated. So much for that plan.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    If you found that you could eat in moderation/not binge, why did you throw it away? I'm not judging, I have thrown peanut butter away...just curious.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    Last Wednesday a very close friend died in a car accident. Thursday I was in shock, and I gave myself permission to binge. Because I really, really REALLY wanted to enjoy *something*. I didn't have much on hand, but I had some cinnamon candy (Hot Tamales) in a jar.

I ate 2 servings, and spent the rest of the day completely nauseated. So much for that plan.

I am so sorry for your loss.
    To be fair I don't think hot tamales are bingeable.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    this is a great post OP :) and loving all the fun comments too!

I also can't manage quite as much bingeing. I can still down a substantial amount of some stuff like ice-cream but I can't eat a whole pizza anymore. I'm stuffed at half.

• crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    If you found that you could eat in moderation/not binge, why did you throw it away? I'm not judging, I have thrown peanut butter away...just curious.

Honestly, I didn't think I'd enjoy it in moderation. I know it seems weird but I'm all about big portions of stuff. I like eating. Having a serving of ice cream is just, meh. I'd rather eat a whole bag of carrots!

It's why I'm all about things like spaghetti squash and zoodles. I can eat a serving bowl full of that stuff and still com in under goal!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Honestly, I didn't think I'd enjoy it in moderation. I know it seems weird but I'm all about big portions of stuff. I like eating. Having a serving of ice cream is just, meh. I'd rather eat a whole bag of carrots!

It's why I'm all about things like spaghetti squash and zoodles. I can eat a serving bowl full of that stuff and still com in under goal!

I totally hear that.

ETA: Giggity.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to eat most of a 10" pizza. The last time I left myself enough calories in my day to eat one, I only made it through 1/2 of the pizza. And whoa... I was full. So I totally get this. And honestly it felt really good, putting that 1/2 of a pizza in the fridge and not eating it.

Now, a binge is cutting up a whole pepper and eating it. 200 grams of pepper... that's a tasty binge.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options

I totally hear that.

ETA: Giggity.

You know what they say, once you go Kosher...
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    bu86da6z75ui.jpg

Went food shopping today ....... the junkfood aisle was calling me, but I stayed strong & bypassed it ...... of course, now I'm sitting here wishing there was something yummy to snack on o:)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

Yeah, I'm a volume eater as well. Just sayin, since you saw you could do it once, I'm sure you could do it again :)
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options

Yeah, I'm a volume eater as well. Just sayin, since you saw you could do it once, I'm sure you could do it again :)

It frees me up to enjoy it as a smaller treat. Maybe a cone now and again. But not a gallon in the freezer. That's just asking for trouble! (For me). And as I mentioned upthread, I'm the only one who likes ice cream so no need to save it for others