Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    zichab wrote: »
    __ Finally, this one is my favorite. We have a neighbor who walks his dog past our house and my husband was away so I was sweeping the grass off the driveway after I got done mowing the lawn. Since I generally do not do the lawn work, I am not outside much and had not seen him in quite a while. As he walked past, he said, "You'd better be sure to sweep that well as your Dad is very fussy about his yard." Apparently, I have gotten MUCH younger looking because the "Dad" was referring to is my husband and we are BOTH in our 60s!!!! :laugh:

:laugh: That's hilarious! Bet you were grinning all day.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    FleaBailey wrote: »
    "No longer have to ask for a table instead of a booth at the restaurant."

Oh yeah dksmith20110, I LOVE that one!

Me too! I had to use mine as a "picture ID" for something recently and it amazes me how puffy my face looks in that picture.
  • monicarungood
    monicarungood Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I kinda get this - I had people I basically quit seeing because they only wanted to do things that I was starting to want to avoid, like partying and drinking.

Now I live in a brand new city and I'm trying to purposefully join social groups that do things I want to be doing, i.e. a running club.
    Lost friendships :/

THIS!! WTH is that about??? It is strange isn't it??!!

• getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Cheap tank top
    Lost friendships :/

THIS!! WTH is that about??? It is strange isn't it??!!

It's called when you were the fat friend, I got all the attention. Now that you've lost weight, I don't get as much attention. I can't handle it.
  • omnipotentmiku
    omnipotentmiku Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Unless you count a minor sore throat sometime in August, I haven't been sick all year. And if you do count it, it took from December last year to August this year when last year, prior to weight loss and a healthier me, I was sick a lot. At least once a month.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Great story Lonny!
  • lindamarierita
    lindamarierita Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It is funny how when shopping I go to the same old size. Somedays I just don't feel like I truly loss but when I look in the mirror (really look) I see the results. This is a mind set to. I am going to loose weight is the attitude to have. I want to get healthy ! Thanks for sharing
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I still see myself as big. I just do.
  • f1ann4rs
    f1ann4rs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I feel taller, I'm still 183cm, I just do :/ !!!
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I fit into the sport seats in my car!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Wearing a size 6. I never thought I would.
  • patty_36_2
    patty_36_2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    patty_36_2 wrote: »
    flatlndr wrote: »
    Many unexpected, but the first one that comes to mind is "sitting on a wooden chair is now uncomfortable, as I no longer have 'padding' back there" ... as I fidget in my chair!

I still think I'm big, but after I had to do an 8 hour flight, I realized that I'm smaller, it was the most uncomfortable flight I've ever been on.. All I could feel was my tailbone.....

Oh great, something to look forward to when I fly to my sister's wedding next year...

I have come to realize I needed to change the way I sat, no padding meant I had to try and find a more comfortable position...
  • patty_36_2
    patty_36_2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hmrambling wrote: »
    Sometimes, I still see myself as big. I just do.

Me too, its weird, someone told me my mind has to catch up with my body.
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    flatlndr wrote: »
    Many unexpected, but the first one that comes to mind is "sitting on a wooden chair is now uncomfortable, as I no longer have 'padding' back there" ... as I fidget in my chair!

I still think I'm big, but after I had to do an 8 hour flight, I realized that I'm smaller, it was the most uncomfortable flight I've ever been on.. All I could feel was my tailbone.....

Oh great, something to look forward to when I fly to my sister's wedding next year...

I have come to realize I needed to change the way I sat, no padding meant I had to try and find a more comfortable position...

I definitely noticed that too! Combined with the heavy lifting strengthening my back, I found that in addition to less padding, my back does not tolerate being rounded for very long. So my only comfortable position for a long time is sitting straight with the weight near the thighs (in front of the bones). Since most chairs, even some office ones, don't have a big enough lumbar curve, I've taken to adding small pillows when I can.

On airplanes I actually use the pillow they offer in my lower-mid back. Helps shift the weight and keep my back from rounding and slipping down the seat.
  • gregthomas02
    gregthomas02 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 201 lb (worst 248 lb), I'm running more and participating in my first 5k run in 2 weeks. I'm in a situation where people close to me are saying I shouldn't be losing more weight and I look fine, to me though I still need to lose weight. Not because I think I'm fat or unfit, I feel "heavy" when running and it holds me back from running faster.
    I expected nothing but positive feedback from losing weight, if anything I just get negativity.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

I am not far enough along to be experiencing some of the more tangible changes (armpits, bones etc) but I cannot wait to get there. Thanks for this thread, it is fantastic!

I read that as armpit bones and my eyebrow raised...Then I saw the coma an instant later and just laughed at the idea. lol
  • leanne0627
    leanne0627 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Omg when i read this it sounded just like me op. I cannot tell my size either and the bony knees feels so weird! Guess it takes a bit for our brain to make a new body image map. Congrats on your loss! Another thing i never expected was all the male attention. Now i have to deal with men staring or asking for my number a lot but thats not bad problem to have since im single.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!