What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
  • 19gabriela01
    19gabriela01 Posts: 2,090 Member
    Options
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options

Over 800cal but so worth it!!!! It's called bryndzove halusky and it's national food from Slovakia :)

Wow! That looks interesting. Recipe?
  • ariffianti
    ariffianti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
  • ariffianti
    Options
    ariffianti wrote: »
    4ketix1zx2d1.jpeg
    9i4ws824r294.jpeg
    Gado- gado , , pumpkin pancake
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Marinated, grilled chicken breast. Pesto. Goat cheese. Lettuce (I was out of spinach!). Roasted red pepper. All on a toasted sub. Omnomnom.

e6mbk90sqb8k.jpg
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Sea bass, asparagus, enoki mushrooms and sweet potatoes!

zx0gdf55cylj.jpg
  • qiaralim
    qiaralim Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    aldousmom wrote: »
    What a neat topic! Do you ever include nutritional content?

I blog my meal pictures here http://aldousmom.tumblr.com/ they come straight from my phone as I have them, so they're not on a pic hosting site.

This is a recent and favorite dinner: tempeh with vegetables (green beans and broccoli) in spicy peanut sauce, over rice noodles. A little higher in fat than my usual meal, but I use this kind of meal during a hard training week b/c I need the calories. Still no added fat to it, though.

tempeh_zps5af153ac.jpg

Calories 472
    Iron 20%
    Fat 19
    Protein 19
    Fiber 5
    Calcium 9%

omg i love tempeh
  • 19gabriela01
    Options
    Swiftlet66 wrote: »

Over 800cal but so worth it!!!! It's called bryndzove halusky and it's national food from Slovakia :)

Wow! That looks interesting. Recipe?

@Swiftlet66 i found this in english :smile: hope it will help. and if you try it one day, let me know :smile:

http://www.slovakcooking.com/2009/recipes/bryndzove-halusky/

slovakcooking.com/2009/recipes/bryndzove-halusky/
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    So healthy and delish Paleo sushi anyone?
    This is done with home smoked salmon mixed with home mayo and sriracha, with avocado, cucumber, red cabbage and carrot for crunch all rolled in nori sheets. With a side of Tamari and wasabi.

i-nt3BbtS-L.jpg

i-VnMpbGh-L.jpg

Just like the cavemen used to eat! ;)

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    People need to stop quoting pictures. Please. Takes too much bandwidth and we don't need to see the pictures 3 times (even if it all looks delicious).
  • Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,592 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    People need to stop quoting pictures. Please. Takes too much bandwidth and we don't need to see the pictures 3 times (even if it all looks delicious).

this~ however that sushi looks divine :) tho I'm not a fan of salmon lol
  • muniraeid
    muniraeid Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    xi9qck0413nn.jpg
  • patty__moore
    patty__moore Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    pyxm4bqrywy7.jpg

Sauteed Lo Mein Noodles, Kale, garlic, jalapeno, and broiled Swai

1 1/2 cups Kale
    1 clove garlic
    1 whole jalapeno
    1/3 TBLS. basil infused olive oil

cook Lo Mein Noodles (1/2 cup per serving) to slightly al dente, drain and set aside
    in pot used to cook noodles add olive oil and heat
    add chopped garlic and jalepeno and saute
    remove from heat
    add in noodles and kale, tossing to spread oil over kale and noodles

Spray pan with cooking spray, place Swai on and spray top with cooking spray, sprinkle with Old Bay and lemon juice.

Broil Swai until lightly brown or less if you like

Calories 377
    Carbs 51
    Fat 9
    Protein 25
    Sodium 52
    Sugar 3

Ingredients:
    Priano - Basil Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 0.33 Tbsp
    Asian Gourmet - Chinese Wide Lo Mein Noodles, 1/2 cup
    Any Brand - Garlic, 1 clove
    Peppers, hot chili, red, raw, 0.75 pepper
    Swai fillets - fish, 4 oz
    Kale, raw, 1.5 cup 1" pieces, loosely packed
    Old Bay - 30% Less Sodium Seasoning, 0.03125 tsp. (0.6 g)
  • ariffianti
    Options
    Simple dinner , steam ground pork sandwich 80kdka8lih8x.jpg
  • 19gabriela01
    Options
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Went to a local pub and grille tonight. Had an Old Fashioned (my first, pretty good), a burger and fries (plowed through about half of that), and a super yummy blueberry peach cobbler ala mode (ashamed to say, plowed through all of that!).

czmpjiv2gork.jpeg

b212fihzz6vs.jpeg
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    1TigerEyes wrote: »
    Though they all look very delicious, some of these don't look very healthy. Are they healthy versions of favorites? Or are some foods you've had on cheat days?
    Recipes would be greatly appreciated too. Sorry, just getting back on here again ... still a newbie with many questions. :D
    Thanks in advance.

Different people have different definitions of healthy and different goals for this site. People are generally willing to share recipes if you see something specific you want to ask about. Personally I don't have cheat days, I figure out ways to fit the food I like in every day. That includes wine and sweets. Yesterday I had pizza and this morning I had a donut with breakfast. That may not fit your definition of healthy but it hasn't hindered me from reaching my goals.
    you are right alot of it is not low cal, and alot of sugars. some of the food is low cal. I agree much of it is processed Standard American Diet. Many believe real food is not that important if you eat the fake stuff in "moderation" . They find ways to fit their poptarts, waffles, candy bars etc
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    1TigerEyes wrote: »
    Though they all look very delicious, some of these don't look very healthy. Are they healthy versions of favorites? Or are some foods you've had on cheat days?
    Recipes would be greatly appreciated too. Sorry, just getting back on here again ... still a newbie with many questions. :D
    Thanks in advance.

Different people have different definitions of healthy and different goals for this site. People are generally willing to share recipes if you see something specific you want to ask about. Personally I don't have cheat days, I figure out ways to fit the food I like in every day. That includes wine and sweets. Yesterday I had pizza and this morning I had a donut with breakfast. That may not fit your definition of healthy but it hasn't hindered me from reaching my goals.
    oh and they get a bit defensive about their "sweets"
  • ariffianti
    Options
    Porridge :smile: u3r63f0xgmjy.jpeg