The New "No more late night snacks challenge"

Options

Replies

• Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Two nights down without snacking after my cutoff time. Go me! :wink:

My goal to lose 1# a week will get me to my goal before the summer/shorts season. I'm trying to focus on that!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Esther (or GrammyMax) :wink:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was Day 2 for me and I made it. I wanted to snack last night and almost got me some carrots but I figured even a good snack wouldnt help.

Connie
  • rialynn79
    Options
    I nearly cracked at 9:30 last night, but instead I drank a big huge glass of water, then went and brushed my teeth and went to bed. I think that was a better choice. However drinking that much water before bed was not such a great choice...up a lot in the night.

I'm anxious to see how long it will take before I stop feeling hungry at night, I think I got myself into a routine with eatting healthy snacks at night. I'm hoping it won't take long. Hate the hungry feeling - you know?
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Last night was a huge test for me!

I was doing great, didn't eat after 6:30, went to bed around 11:30.

Psycho german shephard woke me up at 1:30 freaking out cause a bad thunderstorm came through, so I had to get out of bed and sit with her til the storm passed and she finally fell a sleep at 3:30 am.
    Normally I'd grab a soda and pop a burrito in the microwave, but last night I resisted and didn't eat or drink anything! Yay me!!!! :bigsmile:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Wow, its been harder than I thought! I managed yesterday though! Yay me! :)
  • ticky
    ticky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sunday night, Monday night, Tuesday night... Yeah! Three nights in a row. Last night i planned on going to bed around ten. I couldn't get my head out of my book, and by the time i knew it, it was 2:00am. I was pretty hungry. I forced myself to go to sleep and looked forward to a nice breakfast!

I plan to make tonight #4. Good luck all!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    This is a great challenge, think my cut-off time will be 8 pm as I go to bed at 10 pm (I have a very small baby!!), I'll start today, it already gone 8 pm here (GMT) so will start counting from tomorrow!
  • saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yup, sign me up! No eating after 8 pm for me - bedtime is 10:30 pm. This is a biggie for me. Today is DAY 1!

How's everyone doing with this? Who has the highest record? I saw a 20 something on the previous page - WOW!
  • berrypatchdesigns
    Options
    Last night was night #1 for me. Nothing after 9:30. I'm hoping to lower the time once I am able but this is a tough challenge for me and I want to be realistic. So tonight I'll make it night #2!

Way to go RED TEAM!
  • berrypatchdesigns
    Options
    Gingermoon: We have a psycho 6 month old Boxer. I completely understand!
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    I am a few days late joining you guys ,but this is the perfect challenge for me! As a child my dad worked late. When he would come in he would wake my sister and I up, and we would have a very late night dessert with him. Usually a bowl of ice cream or sweet cereal. Some days that was the only time we got to see him. The habit has been a very hard one to break!

Um usually I get to sleep around 1, but we are making an effort to get more sleep in the new year...so maybe 8:30 is a good cut off time for me.
  • berrypatchdesigns
    Options
    Good luck!

I like the comparison picture you have and noticed someone else who had the same idea. How is it done?
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    I honestly can't remember I feel bad because people ask alot, but I just don't remember the site I got it from. :(
  • berrypatchdesigns
    Options
    Thanks anyway. Have a nice evening!
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Sounds like you are all doing well at this. I had my dinner, brushed my teeth and will only have water for the rest of the day. But like someone said - late night water means many trips to the bathroom in the night:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • MariG2009
    Options
    Tonite after a nice dinner I realized I was still physically hungry, so ate a dozen pecan halves before calling it quts for the night. Normally, I'd just ignore that I needed more food which often resulted in snacking on any and everything all evening long. At least that's my current insight--make sure I actually eat enough for dinner! Does anyone else struggle with this undereat (or skip meals) which then triggers almost binge-like eating?
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Wooho, Zaza, you have more success with your thread that I did with mine :happy: . Looks like people are a lot more motivated after the New Year. Which does not seem to be my case :grumble: . I've been in a deadlock for about a week and begin to gain, after doing so well during the Christmas vacation. Help! :cry:

berry, http://www.mvm.com/en/index.php is the site you want
  • Starrotts
    Starrotts Posts: 164
    Options
    :flowerforyou: im in my cutoff time will ne 8pm:glasses:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Day 3 down and working on day 4 tonight. Last night wasnt so bad actually. After dinnr I realized I still hadnt eating 1200 calories so I went and got my bag of pecans and walnuts and started shelling and eating them. I tried not to eat to many of them I think I ate 5 walnuts and 3 pecans. And it was all before 7 pm.

Connie
  • Grammymax
    Options
    I am so glad for this challenge. I was hungry last night and if I weren't committed and accountable to YOU I would probably have eaten something not necessary:ohwell: However, I remembered that I wasn't going to eat after 7:00 and I stuck to it. Thanks to this thread.
    Have a great day.
    Esther