Replies

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Oh! They are beautiful!!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I didn't post yesterday after babysitting my grandson and travelling home so I didn't get a mile in yesterday. :(

I will post tonight. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • winnie141
    winnie141 Posts: 211 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @barbiecat they are sooo cute!
    I forgot my Fitbit :( so I can't tell you the exact distance my walk was this morning but it is for the 3 km walk! Awesome day so far
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    winnie141 wrote: »
    @barbiecat they are sooo cute!
    I forgot my Fitbit :( so I can't tell you the exact distance my walk was this morning but it is for the 3 km walk! Awesome day so far

:'(winnie I feel for you forgetting your fitbit.......I know how sad I've been when I forgot my pedometer or realized that the battery was dead in the middle of my walk.
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    x3xzvnx4a41r.jpg

Here are my frisky poodles begging to go for a walk

Just like my dogs (and cat).
    Pretty dogs. Cute faces.
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    Well, I'm knackered! Just drove myself home from SFO to Sonoma County. Getting to & from Reagan DCA sure was more convenient. Walked 14450 steps, about 6.8 miles.
    Blackdawn: I went to the postal museum in DC this a.m. specifically to see this dog Owney who travelled all over the country on mail trains in the 1880/1890s. I think he's our spirit animal! Hahahakntk0z7210a1.jpeg

That's awesome. Thanks for sharing it. I love history like that.
    Reminds me of Red Dog in, Dampier W.A. my dad told me of.
    There was this one-eyed red dog that rode the bus transit daily along with the other passengers and would get on and off just like everyone else.
    Until one day there was a new bus driver and the driver wouldn't let the dog on board, passengers got mad and would no longer take the bus cause the dog wasn't allowed.
    Turned into a big issue and then finally the dog was fully allowed to ride any bus so everything else could go back to normal operation.
    History was my highest score. Love traveling and history.
  • scolaris
    Options
    That's great! History is fascinating! My husband is a historian for the national park service.
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    That's great! History is fascinating! My husband is a historian for the national park service.

Lucky you!

• Blackdawn_70631
    Options
    2.6 miles
    10% full incline
    3.5 Average MPH
    5.5 Max MPH
    45 minutes
    Still need some more training and exercising with my feet. Right foot was wanting to burn and could feel the bones hurting during THAT walk. Better after relaxing in a bath and stretching the foot.
    Gonna have the deformity my entire life. So I'm not gonna let it stop me from walking. Best to deal with the pain and keep on moving.

GRAND TOTAL!
    17,457 steps
    8.68 miles
    189 active minutes
    820 total calories burned
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    October 1 - 3.54 miles
    October 2 - 3.65 miles
    October 3- 5.14 miles-
    October 5- 3 miles
    October 6- 2.74 miles
    October 7- 4.67 miles
    October 10 - 3 miles
    October 11- 3 miles
    October 12- 5.82 miles
    October 15- 5.44 miles
    October 16- 4.28 miles
    October 19-1.7 miles
    October 21-3.23 miles

• scolaris
    Options
    You are amazing blackdawn! True grit!
    I couldn't get my engine to turn over today... jet lag. Watched Fargo on xfinity when I should have been walking :-(
    I'm at 8066 steps, 3.4 mi. Took a leisurely stroll to buy wine before dining with another mom in my neighborhood. Middle school daughter just informed me we still need to buy a class snack at Safeway, so if I park in the furthest corner of the lot & do about three laps through the store I just might make 10k. Hahahaha... moms going wild!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif

October 1--6.52 miles
    October 2--6.06 miles
    October 3--5.78 miles
    October 4--4.31 miles
    October 5--4.71 miles
    October 6 --6.52 miles
    October 7--6.11 miles
    total for week one----40.01 miles
    October 8--6.95 miles
    October 9--5.15 miles
    October 10--3.95 miles
    October 11--5.16 miles
    October 12--5.48 miles
    October 13--5.35 miles
    October 14--4.95 miles
    total for week 2---36.99 miles
    October 15--5.69 miles
    October 16 --3.87 miles
    October 17--4.11 miles
    October 18--3.80 miles
    October 19--3.83 miles
    October 20--4.03 miles
    October 21--5.58 miles
    total for week 3--30.90 miles

Our weekend in Seattle was great fun but I didn't get to walk as much as I wanted because we had so many friends to see. I ate fairly smart at restaurants (kept portions small but ate some things I don't normally eat (bread, mayo, cheese, tortillas).

:) I carry my Omron pedometer with me all the time so this is all my walking for each day.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif I walk my dogs, so every day is a walking day for me.

t120006.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington where the mornings are getting very chilly and damp

• shawnashauntia
    shawnashauntia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know it late in the month, but I've trying to get more walking in my life and other types of fitness and challenges make it more fun
  • LuckyAndi
    LuckyAndi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    October 9th: 1.6 miles, 35 mins
    October 10th: 0.9 miles, throughout the day
    October 11th: 0.9 miles, throughout the day
    October 12th: 1.7 miles, 1.5 of it in 30 minutes
    October 13th: 0.3 miles, bleh
    October 14th: 5.1 miles, 4 of it in 90 minites
    October 15th: 0.5 miles, previous day wore me out
    October 16th: 1.1 miles, busy errand day
    October 17th: 2.6 miles, went to the Renaissance Festival
    October 18th: 0.5 miles
    October 19th: 0.7 miles
    October 20th: 0.7 miles
    October 21st: 1 mile

So it seems the app I use on my phone hasn't been accurate. I've actually been walking almost double what it calculated. I'm going to pair it with another app that I know is accurate until I get it to match up. I should be getting a FitBit next month for my birthday, but that's not until the end of the month. The apps will have to due for now.
  • scolaris
    Options
    That's a bummer. Glad you discovered the discrepancy!
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    October Goal: 50 miles
    10-1 - 3 miles
    10-3 - 6 miles
    10-4 - 2.4 miles
    10-5 - 1.5 miles
    10-6 - 4 miles
    10-7 - 1 mile
    10-9 - 1 mile
    10-10 - 3.3 miles
    10-12 - 1.5 miles
    10-13 - 4.2 miles
    10-14 - 1.5 miles
    10-16 - 3 miles
    10-17 - 4 miles
    10-18 - 3 miles
    10-19 - 1 mile
    10-20 - 4.3 miles
    10-21 - 4 miles

exercise.png

• jumpybeans
    jumpybeans Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Crap! So I had good intentions of starting this...and just didn't. I am starting tonight.

Has anyone lost any weight from doing this challenge for almost a month now? I don't have much to lose, and I'm going to incorporate some other workouts with this as well. I just need to move for the time being.

Feel free to friend me as well.
  • scolaris
    Options
    Yes, I walk & have lost a pound a week over 10 weeks. But early on I saw I already walked 10k steps a day so I had to bump it up a little to 100k a week to create a deficit. I take different kinds of walks thru the week: fast neighborhood walks, hill climbs, and hikes. I also do some body weight exercises.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I've not been successful at flipping the script and going out after work but that just means now most of my walks are going to be done at night now. No problems tonight as there was no wind to speak of and very clear skies. It was perfect for stargazing. Getting quite a bit chillier, though, so I will need to bundle up more. Ended up with 9.3 miles tonight.
    jumpybeans wrote: »
    Crap! So I had good intentions of starting this...and just didn't. I am starting tonight.
    I hear you. I had the intention of getting out daily and that hasn't happened, either. That's why I end up doing longer walks...to make up for the missed day in between.
    jumpybeans wrote: »
    Has anyone lost any weight from doing this challenge for almost a month now? I don't have much to lose, and I'm going to incorporate some other workouts with this as well. I just need to move for the time being.

My weight has been yo-yo'ing around the 180 mark for quite some time now, so I haven't noticed much of a difference. I have been in maintenance mode, however, so I don't really expect my weight to change much.
  • lhj385
    lhj385 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just joining in late in the month. I love to walk and so does my pup. Have been averaging 4 1/2 ish miles a day at a brisk pace. Really want to keep going as the weather gets cooler. Had to wear a jacket for the first time this morning. Was a chilly 35° here this morning