Are you going to keep your fat clothes?

124»

Replies

• Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    I just wanted to chime in here - because this is really relevant right now.

Last night, I confided in my boyfriend about being sad. I have lost weight and every time I open my wardrobe, I am confronted with all my old clothes that are now too big for me. Whenever he asks if I want to get dressed up and go out for the night, I always decline feigning tiredness or a headache when in reality, it's because I have nothing to wear anymore. All my 'going out' dresses are now two sizes too big for me and I just don't have any confidence in them. Why haven't I bought new clothes? Because my mind was still insisting that these clothes fit.

I have been walking around at 124 lbs but with my 157lb mind-set. Throwing out my 'bigger clothes' wasn't an option because in my head, I was still that size. So after a long chat with my boyfriend last night - we have planned a "Goodbye Old Zoe, Hello new Zoe" clear out this evening.

I am going to donate all of my larger clothes to charity and invest in an entirely new wardrobe (with my boyfriends help of course hehe!). I have still been wearing my old Bra's and underwear - so literally everything needs to be re-bought. I need to accept that this is my body now. I need to start familiarising myself with my new curves and own them 100%. This is not only a physical clear out, I believe it's mental too. Time to accept the new me and wish my old me farewell.

I will, however - keep one pair of jeans at the back of my wardrobe. For me, this little reminder of how far I've come is important.

That's beautiful. I'm still getting used to the new body too and it seems like it's changing every week. I used to love getting all dolled up and heading out for a date with the husband. Now I dread it because nothing fits and I feel like cr@p getting ready and seeing all the ill-fitting clothing. Need to get a whole new wardrobe from the unders up, but The Man got laid off from the oilfield a few months ago so money hasn't been as disposable as it was previously.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    You all motivated me! This morning I separated my over sized clothing into four containers, 2 for friends in each of the larger sizes that might fit them, one with the size just larger than I currently am and summer favorites I might alter, and one for Goodwill. I plan to repeat this in the spring.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Nope, not saving any of it.....lol.....I can't imagine saving all of those old size 48 waist shorts.....old 3XL shirts....etc. out with the old, in with the new.....donated them all to charity....part of me felt bad.....by donating them I felt like I was 'supporting' someone's choice to stay fat.....funny though, cause my brother left a lot of clothes behind when he joined the military, and I now fit in all of his old Medium and Large shirts, 34 waist shorts, etc.....lol. Win win....saved a whole load of $$$ on clothes that way.....basically the only thing I had to buy were new work clothes haha.....
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    GONE!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    No, I got rid of them. I don't like clutter and having things I don't need around.
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    edited October 2015
    Need to get a whole new wardrobe from the unders up, but The Man got laid off from the oilfield a few months ago so money hasn't been as disposable as it was previously.

There are thrift stores that have really nice, really cheap clothes and often they will have a particular day of the week that they discount various clothing items.
    Or you could run an ad in CL offering to swap your now-too-large clothes for smaller ones.

Another source that takes more effort is perusing local garage sales where people will sell clothing items for very cheap.

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,482 Member
    Nope, their gone as soon as I buy enough of the new size. I have 8 pair of jeans and 12 pair of slacks in the donate box right now
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Absolutely positively not. I am done, done, done with fat clothes.

This!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I got rid of everything. It was out of style and if, in the unlikely chance, were I to gain weight again, I wouldn't wear them anyway.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    To me, keeping my clothes would be like saying... I'm going to fail later on down the road, so I better keep these.

Hell No!
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    I've already given some to the local children's charity and that's where any others will go once they are too big.