krithsai wrote: »
    Hello! I'm in!

CW: 184.4 lbs
    GW: 170 lbs

Is there some way to favorite this post so I can find it easily next week?

My official weigh in was today. I've lost 3 lbs since my last weigh in.
    CW:181.4 lbs
    Eventual goal: 150 lbs

2.2 lbs lost since the last weigh in

CW: 179.2 lbs
    Eventual goal : 150 lbs

0.6 lbs down since last weigh in

CW: 178.6
    GW: 170
    Total loss: 5.8 lbs

Official weigh in was Friday

CW: 177.6
    GW: 170
    Total loss: 6.8 lbs

Yes!!! This is awesome work!! You are the biggest loser so far!! Way to Go!!

It's funny how in some contexts "biggest loser" feels good :smiley:

• hillcrestbaby
    hillcrestbaby Posts: 577 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    ENCOURAGING WORD...

ARE YOU RUFFLED?

I know the difficulties that SOME of you have faced in recent months, and that you have been agitated and annoyed at times during this process of weight loss! I know because I have been in this place and statistically there are usually others who have struggled the same. Have you ever heard the term that 'Your Feathers have been Ruffled"? Let's smooth out those feathers this week and let go of some aggravations that you may be holding on to, so that you can move forward once again!

Maybe it's a grievance with a family member, friend or co-worker; maybe you just can't forgive yourself for the same decisions you make over and over again. Whatever you are dealing with, forgive yourself and others--pick yourself back up and move onward in your progress. You can do this! We can do this! Today lets release all of those aggravations and move up to higher places.

Have a great NEW week!

• hillcrestbaby
    Options
    Hello everyone everywhere...

Today marks the beginning of week 4 in our FALL WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE! If you haven't already, please let us know your stats:

SW(starting weight)
    CW(current weight)
    TW (total lost so far during this challenge)

• hillcrestbaby
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My Stats:

SW--starting weight: 143.8
    CW--current weight: 142.8
    TL--total lost: 1.0 lb.

Well, I'm not too happy with only one pound in 3 weeks, but at least it's going in the right direction! Yay! I wrote in my Encouraging Word a bit about a struggle I've dealt with with hopes someone else will be encouraged too! WE CAN SO THIS!

• xcoffeebean
    xcoffeebean Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    30 Sep. - 134
    05 Oct. - 133.5
    12 Oct. - 135
    19 Oct. - 134.3
    26 Oct. - 132.6
    Goal - 125

I can't remember a time in life without cardio involved but recently (since this challenge) I've been adding strength training. The scale numbers have been playing with my mental a bit but I've been thrilled with the definition that's beginning to show.

Any advice on strength training?
    Fairly new to it but am excited.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    30 Sep. - 134
    05 Oct. - 133.5
    12 Oct. - 135
    19 Oct. - 134.3
    26 Oct. - 132.6
    Goal - 125

I can't remember a time in life without cardio involved but recently (since this challenge) I've been adding strength training. The scale numbers have been playing with my mental a bit but I've been thrilled with the definition that's beginning to show.

You should consider a formal program like Stronglifts 5 x 5 if you're brand new to strength training. I also recommend creating a separate post to get helpful answers. There are a lot of former newbies and current fitness buffs on the forums :smile:
  • xcoffeebean
    Options
    My Stats:

Well, I'm not too happy with only one pound in 3 weeks, but at least it's going in the right direction! Yay! I wrote in my Encouraging Word a bit about a struggle I've dealt with with hopes someone else will be encouraged too! WE CAN SO THIS!

In my book you deserve to earn a % of the Total Loss you've motivated others to lose in excess of your own progress :p I appreciate your positivity and congratulate your success as well. Thanks again for creating this (:
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    My Stats:

In my book you deserve to earn a % of the Total Loss you've motivated others to lose in excess of your own progress :p I appreciate your positivity and congratulate your success as well. Thanks again for creating this (:

Agreed 100%. Let's just say I'm working extra hard to post a good loss here every Monday.
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    My Stats:

You're too sweet!! Thank you and I'm just so happy to help encourage where I can
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    My Stats:

Agreed 100%. Let's just say I'm working extra hard to post a good loss here every Monday.

So sweet to concur! Golly gee! It's just so fun watching you all really make some headway with your goals! Have a great week!
  • sairsyfairy
    sairsyfairy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    SW: 235
    CW: 231.2
    GW for Nov 30th: 219

10/5 Weigh in: 233
    10/12 Weigh in: 231.8
    10/20 Weigh in: 233
    10/26 Weigh in: 231.2

Weekly Loss: 1.8
    Total Loss: 3.8lbs

This week I felt was better, the scale is playing games with me though! I am having trouble getting under 230...
    Hopefully this picks up though as I am starting a weight loss challenge at my gym Nov 1st. Winner wins the money pot! Fingers crossed!!
  • annieb45
    annieb45 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    SW - 159
    CW - 156.6

At least it is going down! The trick is not to be too hard on yourself!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    i95tn4e819pw.jpg

Ugh. So slow.
  • xcoffeebean
    Options
    30 Sep. - 134
    05 Oct. - 133.5
    12 Oct. - 135
    19 Oct. - 134.3
    26 Oct. - 132.6
    Goal - 125

You should consider a formal program like Stronglifts 5 x 5 if you're brand new to strength training. I also recommend creating a separate post to get helpful answers. There are a lot of former newbies and current fitness buffs on the forums :smile:

Will check that out, thanks (:
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    SW: 235
    CW: 231.2
    GW for Nov 30th: 219

10/5 Weigh in: 233
    10/12 Weigh in: 231.8
    10/20 Weigh in: 233
    10/26 Weigh in: 231.2

Weekly Loss: 1.8
    Total Loss: 3.8lbs

This week I felt was better, the scale is playing games with me though! I am having trouble getting under 230...
    Hopefully this picks up though as I am starting a weight loss challenge at my gym Nov 1st. Winner wins the money pot! Fingers crossed!!

Great job!!
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    annieb45 wrote: »
    SW - 159
    CW - 156.6

At least it is going down! The trick is not to be too hard on yourself!

Super Annie!! You e been going in the right direction! Me too
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    i95tn4e819pw.jpg

Ugh. So slow.

This is great! I know that when it comes right down to only having a few pounds to lose...it become super slow, so this pace is good! Just listen to your body!
  • chi2teach
    chi2teach Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    SW (October 1): 181 lbs
    CW: 178 lbs
    GW (November 31): 170 lbs

Looking for MFP friends too. Add me if you like.
    47. High school teacher. Mom of 2 teenage girls. Wife. Joined a gym 3 months ago. Looking for healthy eating ideas. Desire to be active. Started at 197 on July 3. Down almost 20 pounds. Want someone to support you? Add me.

Julie
    South Florida

• clarice6149
    clarice6149 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Would love to join for the 5 weeks till 11/30.
    CW: 135.5
    GW: 128
This discussion has been closed.