• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    This thread is sorely lacking in "taking it personally butthurt"

<looks around for usual suspects>

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    cries softly knowing she did a little rice squishing last night.

Don't be sad, honey. I can fit half a pound of grated cheese into half a cup.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    You forgot one of the other lies about logging: conservation of mass
  • doesthisappmakemelookfat
    Options
    Excellent! And hardly familiar.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping this becomes a series. I'd like to see "How to Believe the Gym Exercise Equipment is 100% Accurate Calorie Burn".
    Just spit balling some of the list points:
    1. Of course the number is accurate for you - I mean the equipment didn't need to know your height, weight, sex, age, or any other pertinent information did it? The universe revolves around you, so of course all equipment is designed to measure calories burned by 97 year old left handed 4'2" tall women with untreated hypothroidism, right?
    2. Sweat is the measure - if you don't like the machine's number, just estimate by how sweaty you feel. Don't let anyone tell you that the human body sweats for any other reason than to burn calories. Heat, anticipation, excess salt - nope, only hard work and fat leaving the body causes human sweat.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    I'm hoping this becomes a series. I'd like to see "How to Believe the Gym Exercise Equipment is 100% Accurate Calorie Burn".
    Just spit balling some of the list points:
    1. Of course the number is accurate for you - I mean the equipment didn't need to know your height, weight, sex, age, or any other pertinent information did it? The universe revolves around you, so of course all equipment is designed to measure calories burned by 97 year old left handed 4'2" tall women with untreated hypothroidism, right?
    2. Sweat is the measure - if you don't like the machine's number, just estimate by how sweaty you feel. Don't let anyone tell you that the human body sweats for any other reason than to burn calories. Heat, anticipation, excess salt - nope, only hard work and fat leaving the body causes human sweat.

The AC in my gym goes out occasionally; my elliptical burns must be waaaay higher on those days!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I am guilty of most of these...very funny!!
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    tumblr_m10ur8DfIW1qzkwzho1_250.gif
  • lorabelllee
    lorabelllee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great post! I may have been guilty of one or two of those! So THATS why I wasn't losing weight! Definitely should post this on my refrigerator! Humor and accountability...great combo and they have no calories!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    This thread is sorely lacking in "taking it personally butthurt"

<looks around for usual suspects>

You rang?
    1HTIXtj.gif
  • SCP0914
    SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I laughed. And then I cried a little. Because I've done almost every one of these before.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I tried to go it without a scale for the first three days. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing or what 100g is supposed to look like. I tried looking up those charts that say things like "a serving is the size of your palm" or "meat should be the size of a deck of cards". I didn't have a deck of cards to hold up to it either and my palms are pretty small compared to my partners, what about that?

I am pleased that I recognised how ridiculous that was pretty quickly and rushed to get a scale on my lunch break. The first time I measured 100g of pasta I had to fight back the tears.. such a teenie tiny bit of nothing. Boo hoo!

Scale for the win. If you don't grasp that part, you grasp none of it, IMO.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Soopatt wrote: »
    I tried to go it without a scale for the first three days. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing or what 100g is supposed to look like. I tried looking up those charts that say things like "a serving is the size of your palm" or "meat should be the size of a deck of cards". I didn't have a deck of cards to hold up to it either and my palms are pretty small compared to my partners, what about that?

I am pleased that I recognised how ridiculous that was pretty quickly and rushed to get a scale on my lunch break. The first time I measured 100g of pasta I had to fight back the tears.. such a teenie tiny bit of nothing. Boo hoo!

3 years of weighing my food and I couldn't tell you what 100g of chicken looks like if my life depended on it.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Soopatt wrote: »

3 years of weighing my food and I couldn't tell you what 100g of chicken looks like if my life depended on it.

I can tell you that most chicken breast I buy lately have been 250ish grams. I ate all of them.