Where are the 5"4 ladies at??

Options

Replies

• maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and weigh about 117 ..doing a slow body recomp at maintenance by lifting weights. My maintenance range is 115 to 120

• brindanvinod
    brindanvinod Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" tall. My CW = 147. My GWis 120. Please add me to this group
  • Juniper3411
    Juniper3411 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 for the poster who asked :)
  • eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am 5"4! Just started using this app minutes ago. Hoping it becomes a great tool in my weight loss journey which is just starting today. I would rather not say how much I weigh right now but I am hoping to lose about 100 lbs. we all have to start somewhere right? I wish you all great luck and success!

Welcome to the MFP fam! You're going to do great.
  • Valw1427
    Valw1427 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'4" I started at 135 and wasn't too happy with myself. I was already working out but added in a healthy diet and pushed a little harder at the gym and now I'm 112 pounds. Want to lose just two more to be at 110 but I've never been happier with my body :)
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    aes1219 wrote: »
    5'5" 23 years old :smile:
    Starting weight: 164
    Current weight: 134
    Goal weight: 114

I still have a ways to go but am happy with the progress so far. I have had to buy all new clothing because everything was huge on me. It is crazy to think that I had 50 lbs to lose, my weight just crept up on me during college.

Hoping to be 129 by Thanksgiving, and 125 by Christmas! Ultimate goal weight is 114.

We have very similar start and end goal weights! Good luck to you
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhere between 5'3 and 5'4. My highest weight ever was 211lbs after having my son in 2011, then I just had my baby girl in Jan 2015 which left me at 188 I'm now down to 172lbs as of today. I have never been skinny so I'm not really sure what weight would fit me. For now my goal is 150lbs and I'll lose more if I'm not comfortable there. The crazy thing to me is my size 12s are already super baggy with just that small amount of weight loss (I had to wear a belt today and on the very last notch) so its really hard to imagine what size I'll be at 150lbs. The few pairs of size 10s I have now fit perfectly with a little extra room in the waist, this blows my mind.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". currently 139. Long term goal is 130, short term is 135.
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    LZMiner wrote: »
    I'm 5'4". currently 139. Long term goal is 130, short term is 135.

You've got this!
    Shanel0916 wrote: »
    I'm somewhere between 5'3 and 5'4. My highest weight ever was 211lbs after having my son in 2011, then I just had my baby girl in Jan 2015 which left me at 188 I'm now down to 172lbs as of today. I have never been skinny so I'm not really sure what weight would fit me. For now my goal is 150lbs and I'll lose more if I'm not comfortable there. The crazy thing to me is my size 12s are already super baggy with just that small amount of weight loss (I had to wear a belt today and on the very last notch) so its really hard to imagine what size I'll be at 150lbs. The few pairs of size 10s I have now fit perfectly with a little extra room in the waist, this blows my mind.

Amazing!! Keep it up.
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    I'm 5'4" tall. My CW = 147. My GWis 120. Please add me to this group

It's not an actual group! Just thread. We should make one!
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    5'4" 51 years old
    Starting weight: 157
    Current weight: 127-129 range
    Goal weight: I would like to be 125 or lower, but boy - it is really hard getting lower. My BMI is smack dab in the healthy range, and I am pretty small and muscular (especially in the arms and abs). Yes, I have jiggles around my thighs and butt, but what the heck. I fit a XS or Small dress (about size 4) very comfortably. I can never remember feeling this great - and I'm 51!!!! I have felt crappy about my appearance for nearly a half century - yikes! I am learning to accept myself and be so thankful that I have a body that is healthy, pain-free and works very well.

Good luck to everyone working on becoming healthier and HAPPIER. Keep a healthy perspective. Take photos and use a tape measure, not just the scale. I didn't, but wish that I had.
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    spzjlb wrote: »
    5'4" 51 years old
    Starting weight: 157
    Current weight: 127-129 range
    Goal weight: I would like to be 125 or lower, but boy - it is really hard getting lower. My BMI is smack dab in the healthy range, and I am pretty small and muscular (especially in the arms and abs). Yes, I have jiggles around my thighs and butt, but what the heck. I fit a XS or Small dress (about size 4) very comfortably. I can never remember feeling this great - and I'm 51!!!! I have felt crappy about my appearance for nearly a half century - yikes! I am learning to accept myself and be so thankful that I have a body that is healthy, pain-free and works very well.

Good luck to everyone working on becoming healthier and HAPPIER. Keep a healthy perspective. Take photos and use a tape measure, not just the scale. I didn't, but wish that I had.

Good advice! Congrats on your success
  • Sunnyyy11
    Sunnyyy11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" I am 135 with 25% body fat. I'm trying to get to 125-130 with 20% body fat. It weird though I started at 140 and I seem to only lose fat in my arms and legs not where I really want to lose it which would be my stomach. (talking Tina lol) I only am maybe 1 inch or so away from where I want to be waist wise. Hopefully pictures to come sooner than later.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I'm very close to 5'4" and I've been at this for 5 years, am down 53 lbs!

I lose slowly with lost of maintenance breaks and the occasional period of weight gain. We're all different and will achieve (or not achieve) or goals differently with vastly different methods.

Good luck finding yours!!!
  • ToriGabrielle
    ToriGabrielle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    5'4. I was 175 at the beginning of the year. Got down to 160 by September without logging, just trying to eat better and walking a little bit more. Started consistently logging and working out at the beginning of September and I am down to 144. My goal is 135 for now. We will see once I get there though. ..
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3. I am 193 aiming for 135 by next summer! I need support buddies. Please add me and I will add as many of you as I can.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im 5'5 and 155. My highest 215.
    Goal weight 130. Maybe less once I get there.

I would like to learn more about lifting (not a fan of cardio) waiting for Vasa (a local gym across the street) to finish construction. Can't wait to join and learn.
  • tabletmfp
    tabletmfp Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am 133 lbs and 5 foot 4 inches. I am hovering around maintenance now. It's been a long awl slog from 78 kilos 18 months ago. I don't really want to loose much more as I am very happy now with how I look. I am 54 so the weight loss was slow but steady. Good luck!,
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Linda31354 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'm 5'4". I've been as heavy as 178, but started MFP at 163. I'm now around 128.

I was going to try to get to 125 and bulk, but I can't. Too much for my bod. I'm reverse dieting now and will hopefully be in a surplus by the first week of November, in time for my 30th birthday :)

Never thought my goal would be to gain (and cut again)! It's been a long journey.
    I'm 5'4, currently maintaining at 111.

Oh my, please share how you got to this point so fast. I started at 149, I'm 5' 3, right now I'm 132 and stuck. I really need help reaching 125. Thanks

It wasn't super-fast.

Here's what I did: I logged every day and I logged everything. I weighed all solid foods on a food scale. Of the 21 meals I eat a week, I tried my best to prepare at least 19 myself so I would know exactly what the calories were (there were some weeks this wasn't possible because I was travelling for work). I did 30 minutes of cardio five days a week and 60 minutes two days a week and ate about 50% of the calories back (the past few months I have had a Fitbit Charge HR, so I've been eating them all back). I added body resistance training about six months in. I didn't have cheat days -- I had some days when I may have gone over, but I tried to balance it out within the week. If I craved something, I found a way to make it fit within my calories. For the last ten pounds or so, I added a casual walk during my lunch break (around 18-30 minutes, five days a week). I weighed myself each morning, but I only paid attention to the trend (I use Libra for this, but I've heard great things about Trendweight also).

Strange, my little stuck point is 132 too. En route to 110 to 120, whatever feels good. Meantime, appreciate folk sharing how they achieved the same and that they are also my height. Fun!
  • jshay295
    jshay295 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm lying in bed :tongue: