Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I confess that I regret skipping the gym for 7 weeks. I was sick for six of them and just had other things on the calendar last week, but I seriously regret it. I had to drop lots of weight on all of my lifts and I am getting sore already. But it does feel good to have gone back.

You'll build your strength back up. Just takes a little time. :smile:

I did it once, I will do it again. I hope to be back to where I was by the end of November. I won't risk an injury over it. I took about 20 minutes and did some good stretching before bed and the soreness is not as bad this morning as I thought it would be.

I have been SO SORE the last 2 days from my class on Saturday. I know its because I haven't been going regularly. I can barely walk today...its like I did a marathon (only the marathons don't hurt that bad these days). All those squats and kettlebell swings. I need to be more consistent!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    No, we will not let this die @caddir. I can tell when people are busy though and this has been one of those weekends.

Yep, we won't let it die!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    @rungirl1973, heed this advice. Deny, deny, deny.
    3uk9lldinudl.png

LOL!!! YES! I generally try to go somewhere AWAY from my cube...
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    @rungirl1973, heed this advice. Deny, deny, deny.
    3uk9lldinudl.png

I am not even going to lie about all of the gas I've passed today. I had to let some rip in Wal-Mart (while no one was around of course) & overheard some man complaining that someone was blowing it up.

I can't believe I just admitted this haha.

I've been doing this at work since I discovered my love for protein pancakes... I walk into the office hallway and then one of the sergeants will walk out and blame any/all of the male officers :lol:

That's because women don't fart. Hehe.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I confess that I regret skipping the gym for 7 weeks. I was sick for six of them and just had other things on the calendar last week, but I seriously regret it. I had to drop lots of weight on all of my lifts and I am getting sore already. But it does feel good to have gone back.

You'll build your strength back up. Just takes a little time. :smile:

I did it once, I will do it again. I hope to be back to where I was by the end of November. I won't risk an injury over it. I took about 20 minutes and did some good stretching before bed and the soreness is not as bad this morning as I thought it would be.

I have been SO SORE the last 2 days from my class on Saturday. I know its because I haven't been going regularly. I can barely walk today...its like I did a marathon (only the marathons don't hurt that bad these days). All those squats and kettlebell swings. I need to be more consistent!

Ahhh, THIS class... Yeah, I was squatting and lunging Friday night. And, I have leg day on tap again tomorrow evening. Ugh. I shouldn't have skipped it the past 2 weeks.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I am sadpanda because after thinking that I was so close to being allowed to do my next skating test...well, I guess I really wasn't.

There might have been some grief bacon involved. I didn't let it go too far.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I am sadpanda because after thinking that I was so close to being allowed to do my next skating test...well, I guess I really wasn't.

Oh, disappointing. Glad you didn't let the grief bacon get out of hand.

• ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I got my first black eye ever yesterday. It hurts like a son of a gun. I was getting into my car yesterday to bring my mother-in-law home from the hospital. Opened the door, and smashed myself in the eye with the corner of it. My depth perception has been getting pretty bad over the last few montha, but I hadn't realized it had gotten that bad yet. Had already made an eye appointment for tomorrow to get new glasses... might have to tell her about this too... Little embarrassed.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    I got my first black eye ever yesterday. It hurts like a son of a gun. I was getting into my car yesterday to bring my mother-in-law home from the hospital. Opened the door, and smashed myself in the eye with the corner of it. My depth perception has been getting pretty bad over the last few montha, but I hadn't realized it had gotten that bad yet. Had already made an eye appointment for tomorrow to get new glasses... might have to tell her about this too... Little embarrassed.
    Ouch! At least you didn't get one from a punch in the face XD

• Oberon21
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Skating test?
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Ouch! I think @lilaclovebird mentioned she had done something like this too! :grimace:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Ouch! So sorry...hope the new glasses do the trick
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Barre toning class for the first time in 7 weeks was exhausting. But I can't go to sleep yet because my dryer is finally fixed and I have to do laundry.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    No, we will not let this die @caddir. I can tell when people are busy though and this has been one of those weekends.

I am going to try and post here more often as well. I dot want the thread to fade away
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Make sure you tell your doctor. I had an unfortunate incident involving a coat hanger and my eye not long ago. Ihad to wear a protective lens on it for a week.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Ouch! I think @lilaclovebird mentioned she had done something like this too! :grimace:

I did! I also got a split lip because of it. Hurt SO bad and LOOKED even WORSE! :confounded:
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

I did! I also got a split lip because of it. Hurt SO bad and LOOKED even WORSE! :confounded:

I slammed one of my breasts in a car door once. I thought I was clear - but apparently wasn't.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

I slammed one of my breasts in a car door once. I thought I was clear - but apparently wasn't.

GAH! That sounds AWFUL!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

GAH! That sounds AWFUL!

It was. And I was by myself and had to get the door back open. Scraped and bruised and swollen.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Which idiot scheduled me for two hours of software training during month end? And can I withhold all chocolate from this person for a minimum of six months? I need these two hours for real work today. ARGH!!!!