Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    I've been considering a plot to get a gym member kicked out, after catching him failing to wash his hands coming out of the bathroom stall for the second time...

GROSS! I am *so* brainwashed about washing my hands thanks to JCAHO rules. Community acquired (insert disease here) is usually easily prevented by hand washing. And a lot of hospital acquired infections are the same. Hand washing is the best medical advance in human history.

Gross is right. I work for a hospital and they drill into our heads every single day the importance of hand hygiene. We have secret shopper type people who hang around and make sure you wash your hands properly after using the restroom. And every day the "hand hygiene" number, or percentage of people observed who are doing it properly, is displayed on the front page of our website. Today's hand hygiene number is 96%. You'd think this would be at 100%, what with this being a hospital and all.

I have such scorn for people who fail to hand wash, that guy from the gym exits the bathroom and then touches weights and machines with his poop bacteria-ridden hands. He is probably in his 40s, wtf has gone wrong in his life that he can't engage in the most basic personal and public hygiene activity, hand washing, something that my 4 year old knows he is supposed to do every time he goes potty?

Ugh! The other day I seen a woman who had to have been around 60-70s use the resrtoom & walk right out the door without washing her hands. What's even worse are the people who make a mess on the toilet seat & don't have the courtesy to clean it up. Most people if they would just sit on the seat instead of hovering over it they wouldn't then crap all over it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    My neighbor brought me 2 bunches of bananas that were close to being too ripe to eat, so I made banana bread. It is so yummy! (Especially the loaf I made with pecans and chocolate chips!) Thankfully it is going pretty quickly at work, so I won't have to eat it all!

Sounds so good, I would have to take something like that to work also, or I'd be doomed.

Speaking of bananas....

I have a food dryer that I love. Many years back I had bought 3 lbs of very ripe bananas for real cheap and put them in the dryer. That many usually takes 2 days to dry while flipping them once halfway through. I was very happy with the results. I quickly threw them in a zip lock bag and only took a small amount with me to work. People were curious about them so I shared them knowing I had a bunch at home that I could enjoy.

When I got home I looked everywhere for them. EVERYWHERE. They were not to be found. :/

When hubby got home, I asked him if he had seen them.

His eyes widened and said "BANANAS, Oh don't even talk to me about bananas. I came home after work yesterday and I was starving and I saw the bananas and just started eating them. I ate the whole bag." I commented to him that he had eaten what used to be 3 lbs. of bananas. I was more than a bit peeved. He continued "I suddenly got real thirsty, so I drank a lot of water." I knew what came next. "Oh, the pain. I thought I was going to explode. I had 3 lbs. of bananas looking for a new home!" It was punishment enough.

To this day, my dried bananas are safe from him.

OMG! LMAO! How long did it take him to eat a banana after that ordeal?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    Funny story about wind (Gas). I once went to the ladies with two deaf friends and one hearing friend. We all went into our seperate cubicles and I heard one very loud fart, followed by another. When we all came out to wash our hands the other hearing lady and I were both stifling giggles but the deaf ladies did not know why. To this day I don't know who let off.

A joke I heard:

A man went to the doctor with a problem. He told him that he had a lot of gas, although usually it wasn't loud and didn't smell bad.

The doctor told the man he was going to give him a powerful prescription to help.

The next week, the man returned and said "I still had a lot of gas, but those pills just made my gas louder, and I was embarrassed everywhere I went. The only good news is that at least they don't smell.

The doctor said "Now that we have cleared out your ears, we should really see to those nasal polyps.

LMAO! Hilarious!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    I got my first black eye ever yesterday. It hurts like a son of a gun. I was getting into my car yesterday to bring my mother-in-law home from the hospital. Opened the door, and smashed myself in the eye with the corner of it. My depth perception has been getting pretty bad over the last few montha, but I hadn't realized it had gotten that bad yet. Had already made an eye appointment for tomorrow to get new glasses... might have to tell her about this too... Little embarrassed.

Ouch! I think @lilaclovebird mentioned she had done something like this too! :grimace:

I did! I also got a split lip because of it. Hurt SO bad and LOOKED even WORSE! :confounded:

I slammed one of my breasts in a car door once. I thought I was clear - but apparently wasn't.

Ouch! I grabbed my boobs protectively by instinct when I read this...
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    It never fails that when I'm running late for work, every other person in my city wants to go at least 5 miles below the speed limit. They're so inconsiderate of my tardiness. Jerks.

How inconsiderate ;)
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    I'm TOM crabby today. People better stay out of my way. Oh, wait. Today is the day I finally meet THE attorney general, my big boss. (I'll have been at this job a year on Nov 10th and I'm just now meeting the big boss.) Guess I better start faking a good mood... :s

You can do it!! Give yourself some sort of reward before you him/her so maybe you will be really happy.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Two Saturdays ago I ate the following:
    - 2/3 of a package of Nickles maple rolls (4 or 5 servings?)
    - 7 pieces of bacon
    - quarter pounder
    - fries
    - 3 steak tacos with guacamole and sour cream
    - chips and salsa
    - margarita
    - large chocolate peanut butter sundae from DQ

Plus, I think I ate a package of dark chocolate covered dried fruit. I don't remember eating it but haven't been able to locate it since that day. I gained 4 lbs. from that carb/sodium fiasco and just got back to regular weight yesterday. That's the only big binge I've ever had like that and I can't imagine I'll repeat it.

I carry a lot of weight in my stomach and have attempted to prop it on the bathroom counter to estimate what I'd weigh without it.I kind of want to change my avi to something more anonymous after admitting that.

That sounds awesome. Made me hungry reading it
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    sssgilber wrote: »
    I do Leslie Sansone walk DVD's, but only with the sound off. Her positive attitude jumps on my last nerve.

I dont turn the volume down cause it lets me know where I am during the workout, but I do normally curse her out when she says "Isn't this fun?"
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    My neighbor brought me 2 bunches of bananas that were close to being too ripe to eat, so I made banana bread. It is so yummy! (Especially the loaf I made with pecans and chocolate chips!) Thankfully it is going pretty quickly at work, so I won't have to eat it all!

Sounds so good, I would have to take something like that to work also, or I'd be doomed.

Speaking of bananas....

I have a food dryer that I love. Many years back I had bought 3 lbs of very ripe bananas for real cheap and put them in the dryer. That many usually takes 2 days to dry while flipping them once halfway through. I was very happy with the results. I quickly threw them in a zip lock bag and only took a small amount with me to work. People were curious about them so I shared them knowing I had a bunch at home that I could enjoy.

When I got home I looked everywhere for them. EVERYWHERE. They were not to be found. :/

His eyes widened and said "BANANAS, Oh don't even talk to me about bananas. I came home after work yesterday and I was starving and I saw the bananas and just started eating them. I ate the whole bag." I commented to him that he had eaten what used to be 3 lbs. of bananas. I was more than a bit peeved. He continued "I suddenly got real thirsty, so I drank a lot of water." I knew what came next. "Oh, the pain. I thought I was going to explode. I had 3 lbs. of bananas looking for a new home!" It was punishment enough.

HAHAHAHAHA...oh man, poor guy but serves him right for swiping all your banana chips.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I am sadpanda because after thinking that I was so close to being allowed to do my next skating test...well, I guess I really wasn't.

There might have been some grief bacon involved. I didn't let it go too far.

Skating test?

Figure skating test, to move up to the next level...I have to master four certain set patterns. I have mastered three. The fourth is what I got the "no" from my coach on. She says I'm not ready to take the test, and she's right, but I had thought I was so close, so I got sadpanda.

Now I'm just determinedpanda...
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Speaking of bananas....

OMG, hilarious!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Speaking of bananas....

OMG, hilarious!

Truly! That's what he gets. I would have zero sympathy.

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I've been considering a plot to get a gym member kicked out, after catching him failing to wash his hands coming out of the bathroom stall for the second time...

GROSS! I am *so* brainwashed about washing my hands thanks to JCAHO rules. Community acquired (insert disease here) is usually easily prevented by hand washing. And a lot of hospital acquired infections are the same. Hand washing is the best medical advance in human history.

Gross is right. I work for a hospital and they drill into our heads every single day the importance of hand hygiene. We have secret shopper type people who hang around and make sure you wash your hands properly after using the restroom. And every day the "hand hygiene" number, or percentage of people observed who are doing it properly, is displayed on the front page of our website. Today's hand hygiene number is 96%. You'd think this would be at 100%, what with this being a hospital and all.

I have such scorn for people who fail to hand wash, that guy from the gym exits the bathroom and then touches weights and machines with his poop bacteria-ridden hands. He is probably in his 40s, wtf has gone wrong in his life that he can't engage in the most basic personal and public hygiene activity, hand washing, something that my 4 year old knows he is supposed to do every time he goes potty?

Ugh! The other day I seen a woman who had to have been around 60-70s use the resrtoom & walk right out the door without washing her hands. What's even worse are the people who make a mess on the toilet seat & don't have the courtesy to clean it up. Most people if they would just sit on the seat instead of hovering over it they wouldn't then crap all over it.

YES!!! I hate this!
  • DBrooks1979
    DBrooks1979 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I confess that I spend way to much time on here reading the forums and lurking around and recording my food that I have only just eye balled as to the actual amounts.. but it seems to be working... although the weight still is not coming off as fast as I want it to..
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I confess that I spend way to much time on here reading the forums and lurking around and recording my food that I have only just eye balled as to the actual amounts.. but it seems to be working... although the weight still is not coming off as fast as I want it to..

Just remember slow & steady wins the race.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

When it stops coming off, get real with the weighing and logging of food, it will start down again.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I am sadpanda because after thinking that I was so close to being allowed to do my next skating test...well, I guess I really wasn't.

Skating test?

Figure skating test, to move up to the next level...I have to master four certain set patterns. I have mastered three. The fourth is what I got the "no" from my coach on. She says I'm not ready to take the test, and she's right, but I had thought I was so close, so I got sadpanda.

I thought it must be that. Very cool! I would love to be able to skate well. I can barely stay on my feet. :(
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Confession: I had an epic binge on candy yesterday.

Sugar hangovers are almost as bad as alcohol. The headache! Ugh.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Skating test?

Good luck, Determined Panda. You've got this!

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Confession: I ate candied pecans and candy corn for lunch yesterday..today is snack day at work. I've stuck to the decently healthy stuff, but I am still eating too much.