How did we all do on Halloween

Options

Replies

• cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I had two fun size candy bars and a mini cupcake (the cupcake was heavenly to me!). Managed to stay within my calories and indulge a bit, so that's a win.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    rleider wrote: »
    clgaram720 wrote: »
    I ate two tootsie roll midgets. So not bad, taking rest of candy to the guys at work to get it out of the house since we don't have kids.

I might take the rest of the candy out of the house cause my kid is two and he doesn't remember it exists anyway. Last year I'll be able to get away with that...... what to do about the hubby is another matter

Lol love it. I have a 3 year old and he got exactly 5 pieces of candy and the rest are in the trash!

You know, you could donate that leftover candy to a school. We often get donations, which are given to the counselors and classroom teachers to keep on their desks, pass out during games, and give to kids who are having a hard day and just need a little extra something. I hate to see food, even candy, thrown away.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I ate two tootsie roll midgets. So not bad, taking rest of candy to the guys at work to get it out of the house since we don't have kids.

I might take the rest of the candy out of the house cause my kid is two and he doesn't remember it exists anyway. Last year I'll be able to get away with that...... what to do about the hubby is another matter

Lol love it. I have a 3 year old and he got exactly 5 pieces of candy and the rest are in the trash!

You know, you could donate that leftover candy to a school. We often get donations, which are given to the counselors and classroom teachers to keep on their desks, pass out during games, and give to kids who are having a hard day and just need a little extra something. I hate to see food, even candy, thrown away.

I am not the person who did this but too many kids have allergies that many schools wear I live will not hand out candy or treats of any kind in fear of a lawsuit.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

I am not the person who did this but too many kids have allergies that many schools wear I live will not hand out candy or treats of any kind in fear of a lawsuit.

That's true too, but there are plenty of things that could be done with the candy. What an absolute waste of time and money. That candy could have went to other kids or the people handing it out could have saved it for something else. What's the point of trick or treating if you're just going to toss most of it away?
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    I did terrible but I enjoyed every moment of it
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I overate for sure - went to a party and had wine, chips and guac and homemade halloween desserts. Oh well, back on track today.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I killed something around seventeen zombies last night. Why the hell were they all carrying candy?
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal weight this week (cue the confetti) so I felt comfortable adding a few extra calories. I had one of those Field Roast burgers, which are fattening and delicious and loaded with protein, and I had chips and a square of dark chili chocolate. Logged it all, enjoyed it all, and today I'll have a 210-calorie bowl of pho for lunch and call it even.

I almost read over your news! Congratulations...........
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I weighed for the first time in a few days an i am actually down a couple of pounds. LOL woohoo! I did not have any of the kids' candy but I did ave a double serving of a LCHF treat. Just as good and it fit my woe.

My kids got to eat candy last night and then save 10 things. I then packed up their chip bags to save for future movie or treat nights, saved the almost healthy juice gummies for lunch treats, made small baggies of treats for the "make a piñata" project my 8 year old has, and then we put the extra candy (as well as those with gluten and nut) into a bag in the basement to give out next halloween. Done.

Now I just need to take down the yard full of decorations and put up the Xmas lights before it snows.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I ate more candy than my kid did and moved way less.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I took my 2 yr old granddaughter t o t "ing and she was very generous in sharing her candy. I know what it does to me.... but ate it anyway... have had a few pieces all week... SOOO.....therefore I cannot stay awake and I have a b***ch of head ache. And now I am good for Christmas, won't have to worry about that because it will take me that long to recover...oh welllll......
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal weight this week (cue the confetti) so I felt comfortable adding a few extra calories. I had one of those Field Roast burgers, which are fattening and delicious and loaded with protein, and I had chips and a square of dark chili chocolate. Logged it all, enjoyed it all, and today I'll have a 210-calorie bowl of pho for lunch and call it even.

I almost read over your news! Congratulations...........

Oh shoot, me too! I thought they meant like a weekly goal. Yeah, Congratulations!!
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I didn't eat very much and ended within my goal for calories, but it was a heavier carb day than normal so a slight water weight gain. Nothing to be concerned about, my kids got a ton of candy and everyone in the house is allowed 2 pieces per day. Should last us quite some time lol. my son has discovered a love of skateboarding and basketball so he wants to stay healthy as he "exercises " lol he is too cute. I am happy to be teaching him how to have a healthy relationship with food and fitness.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Only thing Halloween related I did was in a gym class where they had candy for us to take afterwards. So I'm kicking myself when I'm showered up and almost ready to leave because... There was a bag full of candy, more than the attendees would ever finish up. So why rather than take five of the one I did like, was I searching the bag for oooh I like that kind! And only wound up with two pieces of candy??? That's just taking things too far!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I ate what I had planned for the day including 2 pieces of candy and a pumpkin bar.
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    It's Halloween! Partied it up, candied it up with no regrets! Sugary cocktails, shots after shots with friends.

Weight loss is cool, but having a great time and making memories with friends is cooler.

My adult candy bag looked like this:

o08ijdu24t6s.jpg
  • voldemortisreal
    voldemortisreal Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I...ate pretty much whatever I wanted. However, I don't believe I did too bad--maybe over by 300-400cal (so at maintenance really). No regrets; Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas only come around annually...I'll survive and take the non-loss hit (if needed) at my next weigh-in. Otherwise, I'll swim extra hard and longer on pool days to compensate a bit for the indulgence :smiley: Hope everyone had a great Halloween!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I had a number of snickers fun size but oh well.
    It's my favorite kind so I really enjoyed them.
    My dh ate peanut m&ms (his favorite)
  • kstarallen
    kstarallen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I had a few pieces of candy. Not mad about it.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I ate what I wanted, back to normal today. We actually had grave side service yesterday morning for a friend, had a few snacks at the church after. Then last night had a party with my cousins family had some yummy soups and a couple cookies and a piece of carrot cake she made. We had a big bingo game for the kids and grandma's with lots of candy prizes and I didn't eat any of that. Had a fun night and don't regret it. Just need to get back to normal starting NOW!!!!!!