How did we all do on Halloween

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    No candy. Ate out at lunch and I was full so I skipped dinner and was under maintenance for the day... plus good workout and 2 miles walked with the kids.
  • amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    it wasnt the candy so much; it was the dinner my brother in law made before hand. Pot roast, french bread, butter, soup, and 3 reeses candies when my son got home. I wasnt planning on eating dinner at their house so i didnt plan.....but it was so worth it. started my morning measuring my coffee creamer and ill try and sneak a workout in.
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I ate pizza, and popcorn, and SIX "fun" size Wunderbars XD
    Clocked in under daily goal so woohoo!
    No shame that my macro sources were less than fantastic yesterday, normally my meals are very well balanced so I let myself have some fun by way of not caring what I ate as long as I didn't eat a ridiculous amount of food overall.
    After this test run I am feeling a lot more confident about Christmas :)
  • spiritlevel9
    spiritlevel9 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I made myself some sweet potato and lentil soup. Lovely and filling but then to continue the Halloween orange theme. I had half a tub of Ben and Jerry's pumpkin cheese cake ice cream :D I also ate a little chocolate later on. I just give in to being at the top of my maintenance some days. Not feeling guilty!
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »
    rleider wrote: »
    clgaram720 wrote: »
    I ate two tootsie roll midgets. So not bad, taking rest of candy to the guys at work to get it out of the house since we don't have kids.

I might take the rest of the candy out of the house cause my kid is two and he doesn't remember it exists anyway. Last year I'll be able to get away with that...... what to do about the hubby is another matter

Lol love it. I have a 3 year old and he got exactly 5 pieces of candy and the rest are in the trash!

You know, you could donate that leftover candy to a school. We often get donations, which are given to the counselors and classroom teachers to keep on their desks, pass out during games, and give to kids who are having a hard day and just need a little extra something. I hate to see food, even candy, thrown away.

I am not the person who did this but too many kids have allergies that many schools wear I live will not hand out candy or treats of any kind in fear of a lawsuit.

That's true too, but there are plenty of things that could be done with the candy. What an absolute waste of time and money. That candy could have went to other kids or the people handing it out could have saved it for something else. What's the point of trick or treating if you're just going to toss most of it away?

We didn't toss it. There's all of like 15 pieces here though, a bit little to balance out a drive to the closest school. I think I'll send it to work with hubby if it gets bad, but I'm doing alright resisting.
  • sweetiepie781
    sweetiepie781 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    jenncamp03 wrote: »
    I told myself no then I ate one. Well one turned to 2 then I couldn't stop. I feel like my whole week is ruined. I did so well all week igh

Ugghh hate when that happens that is why I can't have it around I either do so good and I dont eat it at all or I eat all of it and binge, out of sight out of mind I guess
  • sweetiepie781
    sweetiepie781 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I ate so many skittles. I got the worst stomach ache. Never again. Same thing last Halloween. I ate so much I was sickened by the sight of candy until well after the New Year. It was definitely a dieting fail.

That's me too when I do indulge I eat it all and continue to eat it even If I am feeling sick normally left with a 2 day sugar hangover !
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    I had 210 calories worth of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and 1/3 piece of chocolate mousse cake and managed to stay just under my calories due to working on the trail behind my house plus getting involved working on my aunt's website, losing track of time, and skipping a meal.

On the minus side, I sleep poorly. Not sure if that was due to what I ate or watching From Dusk to Dawn. George Clooney, Vampire Slayer,/slurp/.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I ate two tootsie roll midgets. So not bad, taking rest of candy to the guys at work to get it out of the house since we don't have kids.

I might take the rest of the candy out of the house cause my kid is two and he doesn't remember it exists anyway. Last year I'll be able to get away with that...... what to do about the hubby is another matter

Lol love it. I have a 3 year old and he got exactly 5 pieces of candy and the rest are in the trash!

You know, you could donate that leftover candy to a school. We often get donations, which are given to the counselors and classroom teachers to keep on their desks, pass out during games, and give to kids who are having a hard day and just need a little extra something. I hate to see food, even candy, thrown away.

I am not the person who did this but too many kids have allergies that many schools wear I live will not hand out candy or treats of any kind in fear of a lawsuit.

That's true too, but there are plenty of things that could be done with the candy. What an absolute waste of time and money. That candy could have went to other kids or the people handing it out could have saved it for something else. What's the point of trick or treating if you're just going to toss most of it away?

We didn't toss it. There's all of like 15 pieces here though, a bit little to balance out a drive to the closest school. I think I'll send it to work with hubby if it gets bad, but I'm doing alright resisting.

I'm not sure what happened in the comments, but my post was actually to the person who gave their kid five pieces of candy and tossed the rest in the trash. At least you're doing something with your spare candy.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options

I'm not sure what happened in the comments, but my post was actually to the person who gave their kid five pieces of candy and tossed the rest in the trash. At least you're doing something with your spare candy.

OH! I see, my bad. Yeah, I mean one the one hand, I want to congratulate anyone with the willpower to trash the haul, like as opposed to binging on it. But yeah, I would rather somebody eat it than just trash I guess. I think I'll send it to work with hubby. I don't really want to give my two year old any, because he's already insane he doesn't need assistance in the lunaticking dept. And we don't, either of us, especially enjoy candy, but his co construction workers will!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

OH! I see, my bad. Yeah, I mean one the one hand, I want to congratulate anyone with the willpower to trash the haul, like as opposed to binging on it. But yeah, I would rather somebody eat it than just trash I guess. I think I'll send it to work with hubby. I don't really want to give my two year old any, because he's already insane he doesn't need assistance in the lunaticking dept. And we don't, either of us, especially enjoy candy, but his co construction workers will!

Of course! My three year old niece is already going candy crazy from yesterday and keeps asking for more lollipops. We're limiting her daily candy consumption, but the first thing we did was sort the candy into what she can/can't eat, then we ate some, gave some away, and still have some leftover. Chocolate has a quicker expiration date, but most of the fruity stuff is good for at least two years. Regardless, like you said, it can be shared with coworkers, brought to schools that allow it, handed out to other kids, or saved for another time. I know kids shouldn't have an abundance of candy, but it seems like such a waste to bring a kid trick or treating then just throw all the candy in the garbage except for a few pieces. If I knew I bought Halloween candy just for people to throw it out I'd be annoyed. Why bother if that's the plan? That could have went to other kids. Is it really that hard not to binge on it?
  • wanderingirl
    wanderingirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was so proud of myself last night. I've just started my weight loss journey, and did not want to put back on the 10 lbs I've lost so far. But, I was so busy finishing yesterday, that I had a really small lunch and dinner. I didn't eat any candy till I got home and could see what my calorie count was. I had room to eat a couple of pieces and so I enjoyed them!

I'm doing so much better at losing this weight because I don't feel deprived, I just have to make wise choices and I can allow some treats.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I had 2 snack size Kit Kat bars
    delicious.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Totaled everything up this morning... My liquid 'snacking' (errr drinking), carb loading (mmmm sugary funsize whatsits) and protein maintenance (looking at you, potluck zombie with a crockpot of delectable homemade Swedish meatballs) led me to exceed my daily calories by 1010 calories. Simple math, however, demonstrates that over the course of 7 days I still ate on average below my calorie allotment every day of the week. So really, it was nothing! Just a little fun...
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Two hour bike ride in the AM, then spent the whole rest of the day binge watching college football while pretending like no one was home.
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Oh man I did pretty bad haha. I don't feel guilty about it though, just getting back on track today. One night of eating sugary sweet stuff puts me off eating anymore for a while, I'm so sick of candy already lol.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    It's a day. Doesn't matter.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Way too much of everything, but it's only one day.
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    youdontknowwhatyousaw Posts: 221 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Terrible, I haven't eaten a piece of candy, yet. I'm, obviously, sick. Need to fix this oversite ASAP.
  • ksmit001
    ksmit001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    ha!
    I went out for Halloween with only 180 calories left in my budget!
    once 11:30 rolled around, I opted to use those last calories for two fun sized three muskateer bars.
    Ended my night with only 10 calories left, but I did it, dang it! ;)