lose 20 pounds by new years

Options

Replies

• MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    iambelkys wrote: »
    I feel horrible! I went off track and now Im not even sure I can make it to 166 by New Years. Right now I'm at 182lbs. I felt so committed to doing this. Don't you hate it when you self-sabotage.
    I'm in!
    Sw:186
    Gw (by Jan 1st) : 166

12 weeks to go. So I'll have to loose 1.6 pound a week to reach the goal. Aweome way to start the year.

Let's do this!!

I know just how you feel have had a terrible couple of days diet wise, have picked up a knee injury so had been feeling a bit sorry for myself!! Just what you need when you can't exercise much, more calories!!

try to find sitting exercises i do not know any but they are on the internet
  • jobidaashiek
    jobidaashiek Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'd love to join! I am starting at 147 lbs (but I'm very short) and although 20 lbs sounds impossible to me doing it by myself, hopefully I can make it - or even half of it, with you guys' support. :)
    This is the first post I'm commenting on on MFP, I'm very new around here. I'm not sure how it works...do we update our weight every Sunday?
    Good luck everyone, I hope you all succeed! :)
  • jobidaashiek
    jobidaashiek Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Also, feel free to add me!
  • bombus
    bombus Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Definitely with you on this one. Feel free to add me.
  • bombus
    bombus Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bombus wrote: »
    Definitely with you on this one. Feel free to add me.

i'm at 160 & had a really bad couple of weeks. New month, fresh start. I'm certainly in need of some motivation.
  • kjdiaz91
    kjdiaz91 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also want in!!!
  • christyprunner
    christyprunner Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Not sure I can do 20# by New Years at this point but will definitely try 10!!!!
    Starting at 172.4 this morning. My goal this week is to commit to MFP logging everyday and staying within calories.
  • Lolyiam
    Lolyiam Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Starting weight: 144lbs (5 days ago)
    Gw: 125lbs
    CW: 145.6. its that time of month so I'm hoping it's just water weight. Feel free to add me.
  • GirlyGirl28a
    GirlyGirl28a Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    Not sure I can do 20# by New Years at this point but will definitely try 10!!!!
    Starting at 172.4 this morning. My goal this week is to commit to MFP logging everyday and staying within calories.

i would think 10 is correct from now we started in sept
  • CoolCatWV
    CoolCatWV Posts: 32 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    SW: 203.4 (one week ago)
    CW: 201.8

Been doing Whole30 for a couple weeks. Took some time off the gym due to low energy during early part of the diet, but I'm looking forward to jumping back in this week!

NSV: As of this week, I've lost over 10% of my starting weight (225)!
  • Klw43
    Klw43 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!... I would love to join this group

SW:181.6
    GW (by Jan 1st): 161.6

I have some catching up to do, but I'm dedicated to making it happen.
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I know I am joining late and I may not get to 20lbs down but at least I'm trying... I need competition to get me to lose weight...

SW - 190.4 (1/Nov)
    GW - (by Jan 1st) realistically, 175
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'm in... a little behind, but I would like to hit 10-15 by Christmas!
    SW: 205
    GW: 190
    I've used MFP in the past and had a lot of great success with the help and motivation of all on here! So hoping to make some friends and shoot for a great goal!
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    SW (last week) 232.5
    CW 232.5

Weekends are absolutely ruinous to my food and exercise choices! I get home and say whew from a long stressful week, and I end up knoshing on one thing or another..... the only thing I can say that I did good was posting something in my diary.... So game plan for this week is get back to healthful eating, 10K steps each day, and drinking lots of water! And going to the movies on Friday night to keep my mind occupied and not thinking about food!
  • JGlam_NY
    JGlam_NY Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm 175 trying to get to 150.
  • run4rest
    run4rest Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    started at 343.
    now I'm 263.
    aiming for sub 200

240 by NYE
  • funkymunky12
    funkymunky12 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I feel horrible! I went off track and now Im not even sure I can make it to 166 by New Years. Right now I'm at 182lbs. I felt so committed to doing this. Don't you hate it when you self-sabotage.
    I'm in!
    Sw:186
    Gw (by Jan 1st) : 166

12 weeks to go. So I'll have to loose 1.6 pound a week to reach the goal. Aweome way to start the year.

Let's do this!!

I know just how you feel have had a terrible couple of days diet wise, have picked up a knee injury so had been feeling a bit sorry for myself!! Just what you need when you can't exercise much, more calories!!

try to find sitting exercises i do not know any but they are on the internet

Thats a great idea I mostly worked on stretching and very gentle walking to try and loosen it up, thankfully its on the mend and I managed to go back to zumba although I couldn't fully keep up!!
  • o_my213
    o_my213 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In in in add me as well !!!
  • Feltham66
    Feltham66 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would love to join too!!