Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: The main reason why I wanted to lose weight was so I would look good and find a boyfriend. I lost 67 pounds, kept it off, and still haven't had a date :'(

What are you doing to put yourself out there to get a date? Your size isn't really what has kept you from finding somebody before now...

Mr Right is not going to walk up and ring your doorbell and ask you out.

What?! Why not?!

ETA: I wish it was that easy

I received almost that exact same advice a couple of years ago. LOL

It's true, unfortunately.

You also will rarely meet a straight man when you spend all your time with your guy friends in gay bars...
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: The main reason why I wanted to lose weight was so I would look good and find a boyfriend. I lost 67 pounds, kept it off, and still haven't had a date :'(

What are you doing to put yourself out there to get a date? Your size isn't really what has kept you from finding somebody before now...

Mr Right is not going to walk up and ring your doorbell and ask you out.

What?! Why not?!

ETA: I wish it was that easy

I received almost that exact same advice a couple of years ago. LOL

It's true, unfortunately.

You also will rarely meet a straight man when you spend all your time with your guy friends in gay bars...

:lol: Who knew?!
  • HoneyBunch0827
    HoneyBunch0827 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wear spanx all the time. I never leave the house without something to keep my tummy held in. :(

I do, too. No shame here!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    My current boyfriend is a polar opposite of my ex and I'm finding it hard to lose weight and drop the re-gain because he is so darn sweet. He tells me how much he loves me and how beautiful I am and how sexy I am. I was 192 and losing, when I met him and I'm once again pushing 210. I'm horrified by myself and how badly I let myself go. I tried to blame him but he doesn't feed me. :( Now with School and work and kids and living together I'm finding it so hard to get back onto the wagon. I'm tottering halfway between.

Your boyfriend sounds sweet and doesn't seem to care about the weight, but that does not mean he doesn't care.
    I'll bet if you tell him what you want he and need he will be happy to help.

My hubby is the same way. He loves me no matter the weight . If I did not know that he could eye ball an object and tell me the size within an 32nd of an inch I would tell you he just did not notice.

When I told him what I wanted he was supportive. We reviewed the restaurants we frequented and found acceptable choices in each. We inserted outings that were more active like hikes. He easily altered his diet to fit what I am doing. He formulated this great spread sheet that keeps track of my weekly, monthly and yearly averages . I haven't gotten to the year one yet. He Evan became a great cheerleader. He says things like" wow you look how much more we are walking, and you are really sticking to your plan so well that's amazing.
    Don't tell him, but I try to reward him for all his support in ways that he truly appreciates.

Awww it sounds like you have a great husband.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    So maybe I will be the only one to post in this thread today, but I CANNOT let it die! I am so bored at work today! I am pretty sure my boss knows I have nothing to do, but he does not offer me more.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    No posts since 8:28 PM last night.

:(
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I almost posted in here earlier. I was sad to see nothing new yet. You guys above posted almost at the same time. :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I almost posted in here earlier. I was sad to see nothing new yet. You guys above posted almost at the same time. :)

It's sad that this doesn't show up on the recent post tabs anymore.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

You are gorgeous . You will find Mr. Right. Keep the faith!!

This. The right guy will come along and be lucky to have you - beautiful, confident and determined.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    So maybe I will be the only one to post in this thread today, but I CANNOT let it die! I am so bored at work today! I am pretty sure my boss knows I have nothing to do, but he does not offer me more.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive. I am sorry that you are bored. Your boss annoys me almost as much as my own, but for the opposite reason.
    18 months ago, she hired a new employee whom I trained on occupational medicine billing, supposedly to help me so that I could work on other projects. 14 months ago she gave the new employee all of the occ med and put me on even more other projects (opening new clinics, financial analysis, collecting the oldest Accounts Receivable because the research involved in proving that yes, insurer XYZ does owe us more money doesn't bother me). I only back J up when she is out. Except that while I was doing other projects, the A/R for my occ med clinics went up by 700%!!! I was never allowed to help when it would have been easy, but now I have to work mandatory overtime and can't do any other work until it's back to where I had it before or better.

When I ask you, did I become a draft horse to be hitched to the heaviest wagon and used to pull it out the ditch? and if I am in fact being used as a draft horse, why doesn't the boss treat me as well as POF treats her horses?
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to keep the thread alive. I got my hair cut today and undecided whether or not I like it. I got about 4 inches cut off and got me some bangs. ..hmmmm
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to keep the thread alive. I got my hair cut today and undecided whether or not I like it. I got about 4 inches cut off and got me some bangs. ..hmmmm
    Wanna share a pic? In the 'Cave maybe? I will if you will. I had a trim and highlights on Monday and I definitely don't like mine. I've been going to the same hairdresser for the past few years and I LOVE about 68% of her haircuts - enough to keep me going back, but enough bad ones to make me annoyed on a regular basis.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Wanna share a pic? In the 'Cave maybe? I will if you will. I had a trim and highlights on Monday and I definitely don't like mine. I've been going to the same hairdresser for the past few years and I LOVE about 68% of her haircuts - enough to keep me going back, but enough bad ones to make me annoyed on a regular basis.

Deal if tomorrow I don't have a case of uglyitis lol
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

You're on.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

You're on.

You two crack me up. My hair hasn't been cut in 9 years. And I mean not even split ends, which I don't get because I don't blow dry or style it. I am sure I would hate any hair cut now.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    This thread cant' die!

I'm sad it's only Thursday...this week has been sloooooooooooooow.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    This thread cant' die!

It won't ;)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    This thread cant' die!

I'm sad it's only Thursday...this week has been sloooooooooooooow.

Perch that! I have two more OT hours to work this week, but I am leaving on time today because I have a meeting at 7 two towns into southwest VA.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Totally haven't been keeping up with this thread- sometimes I feel like I'm cheating on it with the Batcave even though they're pretty much the same thing haha
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

Thanks for keeping the thread alive. I am sorry that you are bored. Your boss annoys me almost as much as my own, but for the opposite reason.
    18 months ago, she hired a new employee whom I trained on occupational medicine billing, supposedly to help me so that I could work on other projects. 14 months ago she gave the new employee all of the occ med and put me on even more other projects (opening new clinics, financial analysis, collecting the oldest Accounts Receivable because the research involved in proving that yes, insurer XYZ does owe us more money doesn't bother me). I only back J up when she is out. Except that while I was doing other projects, the A/R for my occ med clinics went up by 700%!!! I was never allowed to help when it would have been easy, but now I have to work mandatory overtime and can't do any other work until it's back to where I had it before or better.

When I ask you, did I become a draft horse to be hitched to the heaviest wagon and used to pull it out the ditch? and if I am in fact being used as a draft horse, why doesn't the boss treat me as well as POF treats her horses?

When you are competent and get the work done quickly, you win more work. When you are incompetent and the boss has to ride you (you like what I did there?) to get anything done, you will get less work because it's easier for the boss to give it to the competent people.

I've been guilty of doing this. I try not to, but sometimes I still do.