Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to keep the thread alive. I got my hair cut today and undecided whether or not I like it. I got about 4 inches cut off and got me some bangs. ..hmmmm

I got my hair all chopped off last month, and now I wish I'd gotten it cut shorter.
    Then, over the weekend, after being a blonde for 16-17 years, I colored my hair red. It was time for a change!

It's only hair, it will grow back... Apparently, mine grows an inch per week.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Just popping in to keep the thread alive. I got my hair cut today and undecided whether or not I like it. I got about 4 inches cut off and got me some bangs. ..hmmmm
    Wanna share a pic? In the 'Cave maybe? I will if you will. I had a trim and highlights on Monday and I definitely don't like mine. I've been going to the same hairdresser for the past few years and I LOVE about 68% of her haircuts - enough to keep me going back, but enough bad ones to make me annoyed on a regular basis.

Deal if tomorrow I don't have a case of uglyitis lol

Uglyitis. IMPOSSIBLE! ;)
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    So maybe I will be the only one to post in this thread today, but I CANNOT let it die! I am so bored at work today! I am pretty sure my boss knows I have nothing to do, but he does not offer me more.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive. I am sorry that you are bored. Your boss annoys me almost as much as my own, but for the opposite reason.
    18 months ago, she hired a new employee whom I trained on occupational medicine billing, supposedly to help me so that I could work on other projects. 14 months ago she gave the new employee all of the occ med and put me on even more other projects (opening new clinics, financial analysis, collecting the oldest Accounts Receivable because the research involved in proving that yes, insurer XYZ does owe us more money doesn't bother me). I only back J up when she is out. Except that while I was doing other projects, the A/R for my occ med clinics went up by 700%!!! I was never allowed to help when it would have been easy, but now I have to work mandatory overtime and can't do any other work until it's back to where I had it before or better.

When I ask you, did I become a draft horse to be hitched to the heaviest wagon and used to pull it out the ditch? and if I am in fact being used as a draft horse, why doesn't the boss treat me as well as POF treats her horses?

That really stinks. It sounds like the new employee needs to be held accountable? And, new employee should be the one working the mandatory overtime with you as support/help...
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    So maybe I will be the only one to post in this thread today, but I CANNOT let it die! I am so bored at work today! I am pretty sure my boss knows I have nothing to do, but he does not offer me more.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive. I am sorry that you are bored. Your boss annoys me almost as much as my own, but for the opposite reason.
    18 months ago, she hired a new employee whom I trained on occupational medicine billing, supposedly to help me so that I could work on other projects. 14 months ago she gave the new employee all of the occ med and put me on even more other projects (opening new clinics, financial analysis, collecting the oldest Accounts Receivable because the research involved in proving that yes, insurer XYZ does owe us more money doesn't bother me). I only back J up when she is out. Except that while I was doing other projects, the A/R for my occ med clinics went up by 700%!!! I was never allowed to help when it would have been easy, but now I have to work mandatory overtime and can't do any other work until it's back to where I had it before or better.

When I ask you, did I become a draft horse to be hitched to the heaviest wagon and used to pull it out the ditch? and if I am in fact being used as a draft horse, why doesn't the boss treat me as well as POF treats her horses?

Peppermints for everyone!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

This is why I adore you
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

Oh man, sounds like you have it pretty rough. Hang in there!
  • BingerNoMore
    BingerNoMore Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself up to 3 times a day. Trying to cut it down to once a week is so difficult!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself up to 3 times a day. Trying to cut it down to once a week is so difficult!

Baby steps. Try cutting down to once a day first, for example. Then maybe once every other day.

Although, in my opinion, as long as it isn't freaking you out, it doesn't matter how often you weigh yourself. The only time it matters is if it is having a negative effect on you mentally.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options

Baby steps. Try cutting down to once a day first, for example. Then maybe once every other day.

Although, in my opinion, as long as it isn't freaking you out, it doesn't matter how often you weigh yourself. The only time it matters is if it is having a negative effect on you mentally.

This. I weigh myself everyday and track in on a weight trend app. That way, the daily fluctuations don't bother me as much, as long as I see it going down over time.

I do only log the loss in MFP though, so they feel like victories!
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

This is why I adore you

:blush:

Patricia is the one with the mints. And apples. And animal crackers!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

This. I weigh myself everyday and track in on a weight trend app. That way, the daily fluctuations don't bother me as much, as long as I see it going down over time.

I do exactly the same thing. Happy Scale app for daily logging, losses get added to MFP.
  • rungirl1973
    Options

I do exactly the same thing. Happy Scale app for daily logging, losses get added to MFP.

I also use Happy Scale and weigh myself once per day at most. I love that app! It's made me pay much less attention to the daily number.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

LOL. Awesome.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

In was thinking more along the lines of a good massage, but peppermints would be a start.

Also, the new employee is also working overtime, but since Tuesday, I have begun to think that I would be faster doing it alone. I don't have to explain what I do and why to myself. I know how to get the job done with the least possible effort. I don't want to stop every 10-15 minutes to teach that to someone who claimed to understand it the first time. Newsflash: if I liked teaching, my degree would be in education, not accounting.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Oh man, sounds like you have it pretty rough. Hang in there!

I think I am more aggravated than I would be if Memaw hadn't just passed away. There's enough stress in that and the upcoming holidays that I didn't need this right now. I usually don't mind cleaning up after other people. It's been a part of my job since about a year after I moved into this department.

Another thing that bothers me is that I have asked if J needs help more than once during this time. Anytime I have even a day or two working with it because she's off, cash collections jump noticeably for a week or two afterward. So one day a week would have made a tremendous difference, but I have repeatedly been told that it's her job and she needs to do it.
  • MissElectricEyeliner
    Options
    So the last few days I kept thinking about going to donate blood to get some extra money because I wanted to buy junk food and have a binge for a day. They give me a $20 Wal-Mart gift card when I do the double red cell donation where I'm O-. I'm only about 1 and 1/2 pounds away from my half way mark. I ended up changing my mind with how the weight has been dropping off recently. I'll enjoy myself during Thanksgiving, but this week is not the week. I still plan on donating blood soon. It's an interesting thought though to think: "Hey I would give you my blood for some food," because that's how much we love it or are "addicted" to it.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    So the last few days I kept thinking about going to donate blood to get some extra money because I wanted to buy junk food and have a binge for a day. They give me a $20 Wal-Mart gift card when I do the double red cell donation where I'm O-. I'm only about 1 and 1/2 pounds away from my half way mark. I ended up changing my mind with how the weight has been dropping off recently. I'll enjoy myself during Thanksgiving, but this week is not the week. I still plan on donating blood soon. It's an interesting thought though to think: "Hey I would give you my blood for some food," because that's how much we love it or are "addicted" to it.

I think you made the right decision, but I also want to say thank you for donating. There is more need for ot than people realize. And not to encourage your binge, but after a "packed red" donation, your body is burning through extra calories to replace those cells. I think I read the body uses 600 calories over a 24 hour period to replace a normal pint blood donation. I would think it would be a little more than that for two pints of red cells.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Pguaranteed I will be late for work.[/quote]

Yes to both of these posts. I
    raymax4 wrote: »
    My current boyfriend is a polar opposite of my ex and I'm finding it hard to lose weight and drop the re-gain because he is so darn sweet. He tells me how much he loves me and how beautiful I am and how sexy I am. I was 192 and losing, when I met him and I'm once again pushing 210. I'm horrified by myself and how badly I let myself go. I tried to blame him but he doesn't feed me. :( Now with School and work and kids and living together I'm finding it so hard to get back onto the wagon. I'm tottering halfway between.

Your boyfriend sounds sweet and doesn't seem to care about the weight, but that does not mean he doesn't care.
    I'll bet if you tell him what you want he and need he will be happy to help.

My hubby is the same way.

keep the faith
  • raymax4
    Options

Where I work if you prove that you can do the job they give you more. There is no barometer for how hard you worked to get it done.
  • raymax4
    Options

Cute! LOL