40+ Club: Summer Slimmers

Options

Replies

• StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi ho, people!

Down 2.5 today from Sunday, but it could be partially because of PMS... But I'll take it! Also, and this is big for me, We went out for dinner last night, and I cut my entree in half right away and packed half up to stay home. Then, instead of packing it for my lunch, I put it in my husband's lunch. So, surprised and happy husband, and skinner and happier me! Everybody wins!

This weekend is going to be a challenge, because we have a MLB game on Friday, and then two birthday parties and a wedding on saturday. Eep! :ohwell:
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    tladame, how did you like the shred. I did it for a while but I was doing it every other day, 2-3 levels at a time. I really enjoyed it. She has other DVDs now using the same system. I like Jillian. I should check the six pack one, where is it sold?

alf1163 - I like the 30-day shred, it really kicks your butt! And it's only around 25 minutes, so it's totally doable for those of us who don't have much time in the day. I ordered the 6-Week Six-Pack from walmart.com and had it sent to the local store for pickup (no shipping fees). Just started it this morning. Wow, she whooped my butt once again!
  • my3doxiesandme
    Options
    Glad that I found this thread. I joined this site back in January but didn't really use it. I started using it again yesterday and so far I am loving it.

Class of 84 here.

My husband jokes with me all the time about my love for 80's music and movies.

I look forward to reading through the posts and posting here.
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi all, checking in, glad to see everyones posts. Welcome new people...isn't this site fun?!

Well, I have a lot to report since I last wrote. Headed out of town last friday for a road trip with my family and sister-in-laws family. We drove down to Great Basin National Park and hiked and camped and visited Lehman Cave (which was really awesome) and then stayed at the visitor center there for an astronomy demo with huge telescopes etc.......saw all sorts of cools stuff in galaxies far, far, away! Never one much for star gazing but it was cool when you could actually see stuff. I was quite worried about this trip as I knew I wouldn't be able to excercise and then there is the eating out etc.....but it was all good! I indulged a little bit but overall made good choices. Then........ I got sick while on the trip sore throat, congestion, cough, post nasal drip, so have been completely under the weather until today. No excercising for me until last night.....just a little bike ride...then rode again this AM. Feeling much better. Was quite concerned what the scale was going to say from last week...but wa-la down 1.1lbs YEA!!!!! So I must have done even better than I thought!

I feel for all of you who need rain. We are just getting drenched out here. We are at 200% precip for the year and it doesn't stop counting till the end of October. Can't complain too much my lilacs have never bloomed so heavy (now that they finally bloomed) and the yard is looking great. Usually my yard is toasted because we use all our water shares to water the pasture for the animals. Haven't even had to do that yet. Good news too that we haven't had any flooding becasue the day temps are still staying so cool so the snow melt is slow to boot. Don't know how long THAT will last.

Sing glad to hear from you...enjoy the MoTab Choir....my neighbor lady just "retired" this year. She had sung with them for 15 years.

Well everyone, I'm off for a massage, hoping it will move the last of this junk out of my system. I've got to get back on track for training for my swim in that triathalon July 2nd. Take care and have a great rest of the week. :flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Clect...please do not be discouraged. Keep on keeping on. You can do it. Stay with us, I believe that we have all been where you are and some of us are still there. This is just a small time of rest. Things will begin to move again soon.

:flowerforyou: zebras...an hour and a half on the treadmill? Wow, I'll bet you were tired.

:flowerforyou: Stacy...don't worry if your weight doesn't stay down the 2.5 pounds. Because if it is due to PMS then your body may change it. Our monthly stuff can really mess with our weight. Just stay centered and believe that your weight will continue to drop.

my3doxiesandme...welcome back. Stay with us and we will encourage you. :happy:

I am not working tomorrow and will not have my car at home. I am hoping that it doesn't rain because I can do all my running around on my bike. Planning on biking to the YMCA.
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm way behind on everyone's updates. I'm sorry! I've been having too much fun in the sun!

Our trip to Baltimore was fun. Ethiopian food went OK according to MFP--not too many carbs. We walked around a lot at a big ole mall there, and listened to music outdoors. I knew I'd spent all my energy when I was asleep with my mouth hanging open on the car ride home! :laugh: Fresh air + exercise is a recipe for sleepy for me.

I've been doing good with walking this week. It's been sweltering here, but I want to walk more and longer every day. I notice that my walks give me both more energy, and make me more tired! I seem to sleep a lot better when I've worked out well for the day.

I've also been doing much better with water. I have an ice pica again (which is an abnormal craving for substances or food ingredients, believed to be caused by iron or mineral deficiencies). Chances are that I'm still anemic, even though I take a double dose of iron daily. It's hot, so I just go with it for now. What do I have to lose except my tooth enamel? :bigsmile:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone! At 1:25 am (eastern time zone), I guess I am the first Friday poster.

Swiss, enjoy your glass of wine! I will have some tonight. Night shift gives me a self-imposed ban on drinking during the week. I really don't miss it, until I see my wife sipping a glass of wine before I leave for work...

Check in day...although my progress is not great, I know that I am at least on the right track, especially with exercise. It's a never ending battle of the bulge, and I'm hoping to win this one soon.

Even though the temps were around 100 and humid, I still did my mountain hike today. Funny, even though today was the hottest day of the year, I did not mind the hike as much as I did yesterday.

Busy weekend planned... our Grandson is with us, and when i get home in the morning, we are all going to Chocolate World in Hershey. Just what a dieter needs.....

Have a great weekend!!!!!!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Sing...The battle of the bulge will be conquered!

This week seemed overly busy an my running has slowed down a bit. I have been walking though which never seems to fill me. I am behind in my weight loss goal for July 4th. I am seeing inches come off. School is out on Wednesday and the house will be quiet in the morning so I think I will switch to early morning runs to beat the heat.

Have an awesome weekend.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!! Check in time! Feel good about exercise done this week and my eating. Last night I stopped at my daughter's place from teaching Zumba and couldnt resist eating some of her junk food. :grumble: :noway: This girl has all kinds of junk food in the house and my guard was down since I was hungry and tired. Thank God I dont keep that stuff in the house. But, that is in the past. This weekend? Well I am off work today and will do some yard work, I already worked out my legs, then I am taking my son to the movies, might have some popcorn not sure yet. I need to pack some snacks with me. I am going to a graduation party tomorrow, taking my granddaughter with me. I scheduled another massage on Sunday, looking forward to it.

Sing, chocolate world, that sounds like yummy fun!!! :wink: Have fun with your grandson!!!:drinker:

Victorious, good to hear from you. I also tend to get anemic, under control now, I take two prescription iron pills a day now, it used to be 3. Take care of yourself!!! :flowerforyou:

Swiss, have a great day off!!! Do you live in a small town that you can bike anywhere? I wont dare get on a bike in the streets of San Antonio, too dangerous. A lot of people bike here but they drive to some locations and then bike there, even like that some people have gotten killed. I miss Germany, there I could get on my bike and ride for hrs sometimes not even seeing a car.

LadyPersia, congrats on losing inches. That is what counts the most.

Well gotta do my chores...have a wonderful weekend!!!!! Exercise, relax, eat healthy, enjoy time off, enjoy loved ones!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,816 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Quick check-in for me today. It's been a good week for me! I really cleaned up my eating, and that has helped with my energy levels. It really is amazing how much better I feel when I eat correctly, but that never seems to stop me from reaching for bad stuff! :grumble: Makes me mad at myself. Anyhow, the workouts have been good this week too. I'm finising my first week of Asylum this morning with the Strength DVD. Should be interesting. It's a total body workout and looked pretty intense upon preview. I've also added some other strength training in this week (Supreme 90) to hit each body part at least twice. So I'm happy with where I'm at right now.

For those enduring the heatwave....stay cool! We hit 102 yesterday, but are cooling off into the low 90s today. Seems pretty hot for this time of year.

singfree, enjoy Hershey!! I know I would. :laugh:

alf, enjoy the movie with your son. Sounds like a good time.

Cletc, don't get discouraged. You are trying to lose that last little bit and it is TOUGH! Where are your calories? What does your exercise look like? Let us know what you're doing and maybe those of us who've been through that frustrating struggle can offer up some suggestions. But, again, don't get discouraged!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: alf...biking is out. We are having terrible thunderstorms right now. So, I drove my husband to work and kept the car. I have questions about your anemia. My 19 year old daughter also has problems. She always registers to donate blood but they never take it. I have had her examined over the past year. The doctor says that she doesn't store iron in her body like she should. So, any iron she has is coming from what she has recently eaten. It looks like this is a permenent situation as nothing has changed in over a year and a half. She took meds for a while and now refuses to. What's a mother to do???:sad:

sing...we love visiting Hershey Choclate World. My husband is from Williamsport, PA. So, whenever we go back, we always make it south also.

I think I will get off here for now. Another huge storm coming in. Lightning all around me.:noway:
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    Happy Friday All!

Doing the happy dance here. Down 1.2 lbs over the last two weeks, considering there was trip to Maine in there, and a burger day at work, its very good!

Did the hour and a half on the treadmill last night, and got a few 60 second spurts of jogging in. Gym was nice and quiet for a while, as I went at the beginning of the big storm that hit last night, and everyone else showed up after it had let up. Anyone have advice on technique for building up my ability to jog for longer periods? I have stubby legs, so I'm not worried about speed, just want to have some endurance.

Everyone, keep up the good work, its nice to see so many postings!
  • Purplefly
    Purplefly Posts: 71
    Options
    Hello All:flowerforyou:

I am a 41 year old mother of three and would love to be a part of this group if theres room still.

7526268.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome PurpleFly....glad to have you here. Hope that you find a lot of help and encouragement.

Becky:heart:
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    just found the thread this morning - 43 yo mom of 1 who would love to join! Been seriously tracking since end of March! loving the comments and encouraging words! thanks all!
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Purplefly & Pverbarg, welcome! Great to have you aboard.

Singfree, I suspect you live around the corner from me! :-) I live a stone's throw from Chocolate World. I try to stay out of that place as much as possible. I only go when we have visitors and I REFUSE to buy one of those enormous chocolate bars because yes, I will eat the whole thing! :laugh:

I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 149.0. I haven't been that low in I don't know when! I know it was only a moment in time, but I'm claiming it. I had a great eating day yesterday (although MFP doesn't like my eating--it doesn't understand that I'm altered!). One more pound and I will have lost an even 100. Oh yeah!

Today I'm dodging my daughter's request to go to the pool. I don't know why. It's a great day for it. I think I'm just lazy. :-)

Have a great day, everyone!
  • zebras
    Options
    At the same time I was reading your message about Chocolate World, I got an e-mail from someone whose last name is Hershey. How weird is that?
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Hi Singfree! Thanks for the new thread. I love the title!! Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to Utah!

Been a couple of busy days around here and it looks like it is going to stay that way for a little while. That's okay because I prefer being busy over bored. Been having a good week with the workouts though. I'm continuing to do both an Insanity workout and a P90X workout each day, and it is tiring but I feel very good right now. My eating has been better this week, so I think my body is adjusting to the intensity (though I'm still very hungry).

Hope you all enjoy the day!
    Wow - I just started P90X - I am so inspired by that - Can't wait to get to the point to pull off both!!!!!!!! That is fantastic!

Thanks for the Thread! (Does 40 in November count? or do I have to wait LOL)
  • zebras
    Options
    Welcome cjj! You can join us slightly early, of course. Looks like you've had an amazing success already, please share some of your experiences with us!
  • Purplefly
    Purplefly Posts: 71
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

So my husband and I started at the same time... he's lost 20 and Ive lost 5 /sigh lol. I know, I know Im happy for him but sometimes you just wanna scream thats not fair rofl.