Isagenix, Science or Woo?

Options

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    It's all about cleansing and ridding your body of toxins.

Major WOO.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I think it's woo personally. Of course if you cut your calories enough, you will lose weight. But that's not due to any special "properties" of their products. You could get the same results with less hunger and less expense on your own.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    jenathp wrote: »
    I have two soon to be sister in laws who SWEAR by (and one of them sells in the pyramid scheme) Isagenix and the whole platform. Once has claimed MIRACLES in her life and they really want me to 'get on board' and "believe in the miracles".

I've done SOME research but it's hard to find anything real since it's so heavily marketed by the pyramid scheme people...

So, what's the consensus Woo or Science?

Woo.

The reason any person loses weight on any diet aid, including Isagenix, is because they are eating at a calorie deficit.

If they are not eating at a calorie deficit and taking Isagenix, then they would not lose weight.

Therefore, it's best to tell your sister in laws to stop bugging you.

Eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight. :)
  • SLLRunner
    edited November 2015
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    SCAMWOO

I like this. SCAMWOO will be my new word for the day. :D
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I say woo, sorry.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Woo
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Multi-level marketing. In other words, a scam. With woo on top of it.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Anytime you restrict your calories, you're going to lose weight. That's just basic science. You don't need a magic drink for that. Just eat lean proteins, lots of vegetables, and exercise. I just checked their prices, though. Ten oatmeal raisin bars for $14? Fourteen vanilla shakes for $66? I sense a scam to separate desperate, overweight people who don't want to diet from their money, Calling it 'woo' is being kind.
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    SCAMWOO

I like this. SCAMWOO will be my new word for the day. :D

Love SCAMWOO. I need to forward this to a friend doing a 2 day isagenix cleanse:)
  • bmaw01
    bmaw01 Posts: 40 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Lol, Isagenix is not a pyramid scheme. It's called network marketing. When I lived in Thailand I met a few guys in their thirties who made their fortune from network marketing.

Now, does it work? IMO, a diet rich in vegetables, fruits and lean meats is a better choice. Want to get rid of toxins? Go on a juice cleanse instead. Most of this stuff hasn't even been tested yet. We don't know the long-term effects yet, or if it even works or not.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    bmaw01 wrote: »
    Lol, Isagenix is not a pyramid scheme. It's called network marketing. When I lived in Thailand I met a few guys in their thirties who made their fortune from network marketing.

Now, does it work? IMO, a diet rich in vegetables, fruits and lean meats is a better choice. Want to get rid of toxins? Go on a juice cleanse instead. Most of this stuff hasn't even been tested yet. We don't know the long-term effects yet, or if it even works or not.

What toxins does a juice cleanse eliminate that your kidneys and liver do not do so already?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

A juice cleanse does nothing more to eliminate toxins than Isagenix, sorry. You have kidneys and a liver for that.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Um...

Network marketing? I take it you don't know what that actually means.

Juice cleanse? F No.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Network marketing and MLM/Pyramid are used interchangeably. They mean the same thing....and a juice cleanse does absolutely nothing.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    WOO. Tons of freakin' WOO.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It's a milkeshake of woo, with a side of woo fries with woo dip.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Lol, Isagenix is not a pyramid scheme. It's called network marketing

That's like saying "a BMW is not a car...it's called an automobile"
  • SLLRunner
    Options

There is no reason to get rid of toxins because your body gets rid of any toxins all by itself. However, I agree that a balanced diet is the better choice for weight loss and overall health.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Science or woo? That's a potentially condescending question. It's only woo if it never works for anyone. We're all different and what doesn't work for one person might work for the next. Unless it's dangerous (also a bit subjective), then people will just have to try it to find out.

• soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options

That's like saying "a BMW is not a car...it's called an automobile"

Ahahaha! I am going to have to remember this one.